Sleeping Pills Strewn Around Ledger

1/22/2008 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerLaw enforcement sources tell TMZ sleeping pills were strewn around the bed of Heath Ledger.

Alley999

I still can't stop crying its soooo sad :(

mia

click there for an interview with Billy Bush on the tragic death of Heath Ledger!

Sad

Phenomenal actor. Way too young. Very sad...

Elementa

IT'S KURT COBAIN RETRO-STYLE , IT'S THE LATEST TREND.

Carolyn

Gorgeous guy!!! MADE Brokeback a great movie!!! Look like a young George Bush!!! I wonder what REALLY happened??

Gossip Lover

#46 He was linked with Lindsay Lohan recently.

earthmonkey

FOR EVERYONE WHO SAYS FIRST PLEASE GO DRINK BLEACH.

JOHN IN IRELAND

ANOTHER WASTE OF YOUNG TALENT...DRUGS ARE A SCOURGE

LC

Thats so sad. He was a really good actor too. R.I.P!

NOW I am waiting for Britney to do something really off the wall seeing as how all this media attention about HL is taking up her valuble tabloid and blog spots and for ONCE [Thank God] no one is paying attention to her.

Lifesaver

This is a terrible loss for the film industry. It is just a shame that it had to come to this. If he was having serious problems why didnt he just go get help; he had the money. It makes me angry when people in hollywood do this to themselves because they are just like people that are not in the limelight. That poor little girl of his will never know her father, just from films. He was on top of his game. . .he had everything to live for. He could have been so much better than that. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

Pink to the Lee (formerly Pinky Lee)

This is terrible. He had a really good life and career ahead of him. Not to be disrespectful but I wonder what crazy stunt Britney will pull to get her self back on top at tmz. Hang on everyone. I have a felling it's gonna get nuttier around here!

joe

AHA....Lindsay Lohan, has TMZ checked her whereabouts out???

Can't believe it

What an incredibly sad day for Hollywood. I feel for his family and his daughter Matilda. Gone too soon. He had such great talent. The Patriot, 10 Things I hate About You just to name a few. Just nominated for an award too. Sad sad sad. My heart goes out to all the people who loved him, family, friends and fans.

just me

Just a few minutes ago TMZ reported "Cops tell TMZ Heath Ledger's death was accidental." Now it's "One law enforcement source told us it is much too early to determine if the death was accidental or suicide." TMZ should tell the truth... TMZ is down on the street talking to oafish gawkers!

rumours abound about how you let me down

Second to Last.