The Last Photograph of Heath Ledger

1/22/2008 6:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger was photographed in London on Saturday on the set of his latest movie, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus." The movie, directed by Terry Gilliam, was due to be released next year.
Heath Ledger
He was found dead today in a NYC apartment. He was 28.

Tara

Loved in life and More than likely loved in death also.
You were an icon, and a great actor, its sad that you not only left our shores (Australia) but left this world. We will always love you Heath... And youre movies will keep us remembering the great talent you were.
Rest in Peace Heath and may you live forever in the hearts of the world.

Missmechanic

A true tragedy.. I know many people who have too, died of pneumonia.. A massive loss here in Australia..

He will always be remembered in his best movie to date, 'Two Hands'.. A classic Australian movie..

Angela in Wellington,Kansas

This is a horrible trajedy. I hate to think how bad he must of been feeling, if it was suicide. I find it hard to believe he would do that considering how much he loved his daughter. This is a great loss for the whole world, even if the whole world does'nt realize it, but especially for his family and friends. He was marked for greatness, and now we will never know what might have been. RIP Heath. You were loved and will be greatly missed. Love and light, Angela

son

I just cant believe it R.I.P Heath my love to your family and friends x

Redhawk

I lost my dad to a heart attack when I was 16. At 49 I still miss him.

This man always gave an honest performance in almost everything I ever saw him in. He will be missed by his craft, but more by those who knew and loved him. I am sorry for your loss, and for your sorrow. It is never easy to say good by, especially with it is an unexpected leaving of this life's journey. I hope your spirits are touched by the good memories and laughter recalled...as your hearts heal.

To those compelled to be JERKS, you know who you are. Consider for one moment that his child may read these at some point in time...his mother or other family members too. It's ok for you to say NOTHING at all if you have some misplaced ire at the comments of respect being left. It doesn't matter if any of us "KNEW" HIM or not...he is someone who was loved...who is now dead. And that leaves pain for those who DID KNOW HIM. You have the right to NOT be an AZZHOLE. It will cost you NOTHING at all to just keep your nasty comments to your self. It would have cost you no more in time spent to wish his family some sort of peace and healing in their pain....I guess that price was too high for you to pay. I am sorry that YOU are so poor or miserly in spirit.

Vormaen

Heath was working towards a promising and long lived career. His death was most likely a bad reaction from pneumonia, the way he was found was inconsistent with a suicide. Just a horrible accident happening to someone too young. All you heartless morons saying unnecessary and thoughtless crap will get yours in the end.

mary

will they be finishing the last movie he was dong or will they just scrap t
it is such a lost to the acting community he will be mised dearly

mireya vargas

I was so sad to hear about this awful news yesterday... he was so handsome and looked so loving to the people around him... i still don't believe this sad event ocurred...

Nicholas

He is amazing as the Joker, and this movie looks good too. I don't know why he had to die. It's lame.

MzYuSo

Thank you for sharing your talents with my family and the world. I know that my children and myself will always have fond memories of watching "A Knights Tale." We will always remember you, and yes a man can change his stars. RIP

angel eyes

I didn't hear about the news of Heath's untimely death until 4:00 this morning, I just could not believe it.
My condolances to his mourning family. He will be sorely missed!

Lauren

I'm in shock such incredible talent gone at such a young age. You will always be missed,loved and remembered Heath.R.I.P.

304MAFIABEN

Such a terrible loss for the Ledger family and friends and all of his fans around the world.
May he rest in peace

R.I.P. Heath

Marta

I feel so sorry for Heath's family and friends.. It really is so sad. This reminds me of Brandon Lee dying and then the release of the Crow. It's wierd too because Heath's face is painted like Brandon's too... Anyway, I enjoyed Heath's work. I have to say my favorite movie that he did is A Knight's Tale. I watched it alot through some sad times and it always made me laugh. Now I'm afraid to watch it because I know I'll cry. Someday we'll all smile again. Best wishes to Matilda,Michelle and family. I know it's hard but....you will laugh again.

Mz Kris

I am still in shock over Heath sudden death and i still can not believe it! My deepest sympathies to Heath's family. He was a brilliant young Aussie actor, a great young man and was taken way before his time.