Warner Bros. Issues a Statement

1/22/2008 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alan Horn, President and COO of Warner Bros. and Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group have issued the following statement to TMZ. The studio is producing the next Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

"The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."

DS

Yes, of course they will. Why wouldn't they? To cut such an expensive film from release after post-production is already completed, too many people would be way in the red.

3. Will they still show the film despite this?
Posted at 6:39PM on Jan 22nd 2008 by Malex

donna

Makes you think about all the other wastes of flesh, like Brittany, Lohan chick. Come on--this dude had it all and it's gone. Brittany is gonna be next wait and see.

Susan

this is unbelievable...

too many young actors/addicts dying...

who's next?

Robert

It should have been Britney!

Amy

This is so devestating.

I'm in Australia and we are all so shocked and disappointed in Heath.

Such a waste.

This would have been his biggest year ever. Sad fool.

RIP Heath you were amazing.

Condolansces to Matilda Rose, Michelle Williams, Gemma Ward, Naomi Watts &* Heath's family in Perth.

I love it!

This is some heavy news. WoW!

Dani

This is really sad. A sad day for Hollywood cos it lost one of the best young actors......
I loved Heath. He will be well remembered

AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN

NCY WILL ALSO MISS, MISSING THE ACCENT ON A FORIEGN MAN

Mysty Maples

I am numb... Hollywood has lost one of it's most talented and courageous actors. He and Jake put their reputations, even their lives on the line making Brokeback Mountain. I have loved Heath since I saw him in 10 Things. I pray that this was an accident. My heart breaks for Michelle and their baby.

Terri

Batman was a COMIC BOOK for Christ's Sake!!! When did it get taken to a place so dark and mean????

Laura

Really really really sad. My thoughts are with his family at this time. Poor guy.

AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN

THE FILM WILL BE DEDICATED TO DRUGGIES, PILL POPPERS, POT HEADS AND ALL JUNKIES ALIKE

gabbyrockshellyeah

omg i couldnt belive it he is sooooooo hot and i loved him in all the movies he did espically brokback that was sooooooo hot you will be missed

IQ is showing

Sleeping pills (especially Ambien) are pretty weird. Ambien is not over the counter, but if he had a prescription for that and was also taking OTC sleeping pills, who knows what could've happened. I'm guessing it was a stupid drug overdose. An accident, I guess...but an avoidable one. People need to pay attention to ANY AND ALL drugs they take.

Oslo, Norway

This came as a shock. You will be missed Heath. Sad that such a big talent and a devoted father passed away so young and way to soon.
My heart goes out to your family and friends.
May you rest in peace, and never be forgotten.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments