Warner Bros. Issues a Statement

1/22/2008 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alan Horn, President and COO of Warner Bros. and Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group have issued the following statement to TMZ. The studio is producing the next Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

"The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."

wtfrenchtoast

This is completely horrible. was the batman movie completed? that will be his last movie :[

Elementa

Thank's Kelli for the latest, it's hard to believe what's out there. Maybe, he should have done a dramatic take on the life and times of SESAME STREET'S Big Bird. It's much more kid friendly, being's he has a tot and all. Though the height issue is another thing. Who know's if he had a fear of height's?

TRACKER

#3 #14. release of film would not be released for 6mo. to 1 year out of respect.as it should be

Just what they need

R.I.P He was pretty handsome and I thought he was super cute in "10 Things I Hate about You". Pray for his family especially his sweet lil baby girl and her mommy.

On the other note, I wonder what Britney is calculating to do next to steal Heath's headlines. I am not joking. I'd expect to see her name not his.

AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN

THE PENGUINE SHALL HAVE A COMEBACK

Party 'till you die!

Kinda trippy how much he reminds me of Brandon Lee in his Crow make up! I liked both actors, but Brandon did not die by his own hand either, but still a bummer!

Little miss sunshine

this is so sad, i'm shocked....i've been trying to do other things but all i can think about is that heath is dead.
I really hope other actors will learn from this....it does not matter how famous you are of how much people love you....if you take drugs they will kill you. Poor Heath, to think that he was probably depressed...probably feeling lonely...i mean this hollywood world is such an illusion!
I really wish he was still alive.
He will be missed.

idf

Movie will do better because of it.

Need a LOAN?

Rob

I would've thought Britney would've gone first (not that i'm hoping... Hopefully she will get her act together) but never in a million years i've would've thought this guy was gonna die, i'm in complete shock, he was a good actor and it will be weird watching as Joker since I feel like its a bad joke thsts being play on us all, my condolences to his friends and family.

AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN

NYA SHEE WE WANNA MILK THIS FOR ALL ITS WORTH. MR. WE WILL SPEED UP PRODUCTION TO GET FILM OUT IN TIME FOR THE FUNERAL, WERE IN THE MONEY WERE IN THE MONEY GO BUY OURSELFS A SNACK. AT THE CONSESSION STAND THAT IS

AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN

THE PENGUINE SHALL HAVE A COMEBACK

thericster

The Entertainment Industry has lost a very talented good looking young man. I've enjoyed his films a great deal. This is a complete shock as I never thought someone such as Heath dying at such a young age. I really thought our next young entertainer to die of something would have been a troubled young well known femal singer. Just tragic!!

AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN

THE PENGUINE WANTS TO BUY BRITNEY A LEMONCELO

Tamera

Has anyone thought that maybe he just was tired and that he had a sleeping pill to help him sleep. Who knows it could have been a blood clot. He was traveling alot this past week, from London to Australia 5 days ago to New York. It doesn't have to be a drug overdose right away. People are so quick to judge. I pray for his family especially his daughter who will never get to know her dad.

AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN