Warner Bros. Issues a Statement

1/22/2008 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alan Horn, President and COO of Warner Bros. and Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group have issued the following statement to TMZ. The studio is producing the next Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

"The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."

BatmanFan

I hope this doesn't affect the Batman movie.

KLP

That's so tragic!

rondo

Such a saddening waste for a young man of such obvious talent. I became an instant fan when I first saw him in "A Knights Tale" and "the Order". May we all remember him that way and may God rest his soul in peace.

GHOST

The studio heads at Warner Brothers will milk Heath Ledger's death in an effort to hype the Batman sequel. You will hear things like "See Heath Ledger in his last yet legendary performance in the Dark Knight" until they release the film. I bet the studio heads at Warner are secretly thrilled at Ledger's demise. Think about it. Heath's death gives added publicity to the film which contributes to the film's profit margin. Does anyone remember when the movie "The Crow" came out and how the studio heads blitzed the media with the fact that Brandon Lee died in real life while making the movie? Hollywood is sick to celebrate the death of a young actor. RIP Heath Ledger.

elizabeth

A fantastic actor and I shall miss the artistry he put into his films. May you be in peace.

B Rad

I can't believe this is happening. Life can be so sad sometimes. I was (and still am) so looking forward to Heath's portrayal of the Joker. I wish his family my deepest condolences .

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

I saw his other movies and I saw all of the Batman movies,so I'll go see The Drak Knight too. it WILL be released. An actor dies, Warner Bros. cannot afford to shelve a 100 million dollar that wouldhave grossed with or without Heath dying, 200 million adding all of themarketing things that will be sold. I am soryif some of you are too youngnad emotional, but that is life. One mokey don't stop nobody's show. Life goes on.
heath, I liked hismoves: Brokeback mnt. , Monster's Ball, etc. Good actor. Quiet actor . LEaving a baby daughgter is not funny. Sad.

Steffy

i can't beleave it i just can't beleave it heath ledger dead i'm just in shock right now but once that wheres off i have no idea what i'm goin to do
the sexest sweetest most charming man in hollywood that around my age anyway is dead
i keep sayin there must be some mustake

Jen

So sad, such a great actor. One of my favorite movies is "10 things I hate about you". I would like to send my symphathy out to the family. Rest In Peace.

ROXY

IT'S SAD AND HARD TO BELIEVE HE'S GONE .

How sad is this ? The price of BIG FAME ??

TMZ........................Always about "everything PLASTIC"............right up to the MOMENT !! You would've made Marilyn Monroe's death a TRUE CIRCUS OF INSANITY, MUCH LESS HETH LEDGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pumpkin

What was missing in his life that he would so easily forsake it? Life is not like the movies - the time on earth is infinite!

Studly

He played a demoniac character, it was troubling him and he died. SCARY truth!

indri

RIP Heath,
My condolences for family and close friends,
lets keep it together and find more ways to help people with problems like Heath (feeling down, depressed and troubled but have no one to talk to and share problems to) we have to be more concern about this happening in our surroundings. If we could just be more sensitive and try to at least be there to have small talks or check out our friends or close ones we might be able to detect if that person has this problems.
Please be more aware of this problem... we can or may be able to help those we love and who are close to our hearts.
To Michelle and Rose and Heath's parents and family be strong! GBU all.

A fan of Heath Ledger.

mandi

its very sad and tragic, my heart goes out to his family and especially his little girl, but it just goes to show you how ungreatful people are that they cant truely appreciate someone until after their dead...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments