Busta Rhymes Pleads Out!

1/23/2008 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Busta Rhymes just plead guilty to all four charges against him, including two assault charges and one DUI.

TMZ was in the courtroom as Busta did a 180 on his not guilty pleas, taking a plea deal. For the two assault charges stemming from incidents last year, the judge promised him three years probation, served concurrently. Busta will have to serve a year in jail if he violates the probation. What's more, an order of protection was issued for the victims of his assault. Sentencing will take place March 18.

As for the DUI, Busta will have to pay a $750 fine and enroll in a drunk driving program. For the final charge, driving with a suspended license, he will have to give up his driver's license for six months.

His lawyer, Scott Leemon, tells TMZ, "We're glad to put this behind us. Busta looks forward to the future. It's been a rough year and a half for him."

Gia

Could this guy be any uglier? And a rapper assaulted someone? No!! Can't be true. They're all useless, talentless thugs who after they blow through their money will end up in a gutter somewhere.

rudewaitress

I started in the ghetto and know plenty of kids who made something of themselves LEGITIMATELY. I don't know where this punk came from, nor do I care. But I DO know that the lowlife does NOT earn his money Anybody can do what he does but there is no talent involved and nothing legitimate about it. He's robbing our kids blind...just like so many others of his trash bag caliber.

Michelle

It really angers me that these stupid celebrities got off the hook so easy for drunk driving. i just buried my BEST FRIEND because of something like this idiot. 25 years old, with a 2 year old ORPHAN son, now, because some jerk took an exit ramp as an on ramp and collided head on with my best friend at 70 miles an hour. He was in a coma for six months before he finally died. Fair? Not at all. Drunk driving should be taken more seriously, and CELEBRITIES, who are ROLE MODELS to children chould be punished the same way as a normal person. He needs more then this baby slap on the wrist for endagngering lives like that. I hate how lenient the judicial system is with famous people. Do the crime, do he time. Pay for your mistakes, BUSTA.

Jason

So many of you have no idea what you are talking about. Assualt could be anything. If he beat the 2 people to an inch of thier lives..thats one thing but if they got into a fight and he kicked there ass a little...thats another. You would seriously sent people to jail and waste alot of money just becuase he got into a fight? Thats retarded. People get into fights all the time. 99 percent of them never go to court becuase...stuff just happens. He obviously is in court becuase he is famous and If he assualted me I would try to get some kinda money out of him too. And a DUI (which shows he was probably drunk when we got into a fight). 6 months losing your license is normal in a DUI case. If he was a repeat offender thats a different thing. Most first time DUI's all you have to do is attend classes and pay a fine. You dont lose your driving privledges until the second time. He made a mistake...got angry punched some poeple. Its not right but its not worth time in jail...for the tax payers or him. To be honest...I would fire his lawyers..becuase all that money you would think they would be able to get him something less then the *normal* sentence..becuase thats what he got..and random guy off the street ..would of also got the same conviction. Get a clue people

Petite

"driving with a suspended license, he will have to give up his driver's license for six months."
Ummmm, he DOESN'T HAVE A LICENCE to give up, now does he?
What the hell kind of punishment is that? THAT ought to be a heafty $ fine.
If he was driving with a suspended licence, I'm sure the judge telling him not to (again) will TOTALLY WORK this time.

Jason

Btw...I am a Cop in the southeast. I see 10 of the same kinda cases everyday...he got a normal sentence. If we put everyone who got into a fight or had a DUI in jail thier would be a jail every 10 miles. The truth of the matter is 80 percent of first time DUI cases never have a second offense becuase they are scared out of thier minds that they will go to jail the next time.

Michelle

Jason, comment #20... Just because it is the "normal" sentence, does not make it right. Period. There is alot of "normal" sentences going around for criminals that aren't right. Baby rapist's being freed after just one year, but you get a drug charge, and your screwed for the next 5. Make sense? No. Fair? Not at all. So, quit the rampage, and stop calling people idiots. Not everyone has to agree with our judicial system. And the DUI thing is a freakin joke to me. No matter who, or where, the sentence is not harsh enough. Period. Try losing someone you love because of a drunk driver. It hurts. Alot. And just because he was drunk when he got in the fight, doesn't excuse it. So, before you start making judgements and calling people stupid, take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

sactown1fan

Yo it seems to me like we have a whole lot of racist whites that always want to see a successful black man (rappers, athletes) go to jail. As many times as a white entertainer has done something of this magnitude or greater everyone is babying them. Paris and Lindsay are both perfect examples. Just because you don't listen to Busta's music is not a reason for you to lock him up racist bastards.

Jason

To michelle

I never called anyone an idiot or stupid ..so don't put words into my mouth. I said most of you do not know how things work..and to get a clue..meaning do some research. I see the bigger picture everyday..I don't need to take a step back. Maybe you should go down to your local police department and help support them *do some volunteer work* and take a second to see what we do on a day to day basis..and you might get the bigger picture yourself. The BIG picture is that jail cost money...court cost money...everything cost money. We live in a world where DUI's are normal. We get 15 a night...easy..those are only the ones being cuaght. I see the victims faces when I have to tell them there loved one has been killed by a Drunk driver ..so dont tell me I don't know how it feels ..I wanna cry with them. But we can't put everyone who drinks and drives in jail...PERIOD. We would not have room. And yes killing them or something something against the consitution will never happen. Other country cane them or cut off there hand and other such things..and that works great becuase people don't do crime when those kinda harsh punishments are in place...but this is AMERICA...home of the free..and since we have become what we are...baby rapist...drunk drivers...rapist...Wont spend thier entire lifes in jail...becuase we can't afford it. IT JUST COST TO MUCH. I see the youth of our nation everyday in our building ...getting in more trouble everyday. 12 year olds who have been on drugs for the past 5 years and 12 year old girls who have been raped by a group of 13 year olds. This world isn't going to get better anytime soon people...sorry to burst your bubble. Unless its a Felony...FELONY...dont expect anything to serious from our court system. Almost all misdeamnors go punish with probation..and a fine. That isn't changing anytime soon. SO yes...assualt..and a DUI..does deserve jail time in my book...but when you look at the BIGGER picture....there is no way it will ever happen. Don't like it..do something about it becuase I DO..everyday. I am always at the court hearings trying to convice the judge to give the max sentence.

sactown1fan

If you knew anything about Busta Rhymes which I'm going to guess none of you have even heard of him, then you would know he is never in the news for negativity. Yes there are rappers out there that take things to the extreme but it is much less than people think. If you have a problem with their TALENT then don't listen to the music. If you have a problem with your kids listening to it then learn to be a better parent. There is hardly no difference between rap and rock. Rock tells you to go stick needles in your arm, kill yourself, and all kinds of things so DO NOT point all the fingers at rap. Damn everyone is so narrow minded these days and it looks like most of them are in here. I was hit by a drunk driver last year and he WAS NOT a rapper but a drunk WHITE MAN!

Michelle

Sactown fan...none of this has to do with his skin color, dummy. It has to do with crimes. Get a grip. And to Jason, again, I do volunteer at the local police department. I pickett. I fight with everyone against this. M father has been locked up and in jail for the better part of my life, and my mom works at the same jail he gets thrown into. So, before you assume that I don't know the bigger picture, find out first. I do. I understand what you as an officer has to go thru. I have spent alot of time in courtrooms wth DUI cases, just to listen. Spent HOURS in legal libraries reading up on everything. Does that mean I have to agree with it? Not a chance. And I'm sorry I lashed out. This makes me angry, and I just buried my best friend a month ago because of something like this. It hurts me everyday. So, my apologies. I know jail costs money. I know it's expensive. But, to me, the jail is alot more worth it then someone else going thru thepain and losing someone to an accident that is preventable. I'm not saying jail everyone of them. But the punishment should be harsher then losing your license for six months. He drove drunk. Do you really think he isn't gonna drive, just because he has no license anymore? As I'm sure you see DWLS is a common occurrence with traffic stops. So, that won't stop him. I'm just voicing my opinion on this. As you mentioned above, this is the land of the free. I'm just using my rights is all. Sorry I lashed out you.

Jason

To sactown1fan

You know thats what is funny about all this. busta ryhmes is one of the rappers who does do a ton of charity work. He is huge into the big brother program and helping fight cancer becuase he lost a relative to cancer a few years back. Just people are ignorant to the world..and watch Fox news and CNN for there education.

Jason

To Michelle

Dont worry about it. Ive been lashed out worse by someone i pulled over for speeding:) I am sorry for your lose. Well...99 out of 100 times my comment would of worked becuase most people dont volunteer as Im sure you know:) My mom and dad spent 15 years in prison themselves for counterfieting money *Big time felony* so i hear ya on that. Going to visit my family was never easy....but that also brings up another good point that everyone doesnt see. If we sent everyone to jail it just doesnt effect them it effects alot of people they love. If we sent every guy or girl to jail for a DUI..thats a child/husband/wife that doesnt get to see there loved one for a long time. Luckily I had a really good foster family that helped raise me to be a good person..but I see to many times kids growing up to be thugs/punks and use the excuse that there parents are in jail...and to be honest...the excuse kinda actually is true. If they had a father/mother figure in thier lives they might of been different. This world is jacked up..and only thing you can do is what you have been...volunteer and keep fighting. Raise your son or daughter to be good people and maybe things will work themselves out overtime...but seeing what I see and seems like you see also...it isnt looking very promising.

Once again sorry for your lose. :(

Ima Skank

To Jason: I'm a cop also and I agree with you. It's a revolving door. They get out on bond and go out and do the same thing again before their court appearance on the first charge. They don't want them in jail, they just want their money.

Ima Skank