"Idol" Wannabe's Gun-Totin' Past

1/23/2008 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Perrie CataldoPerrie Cataldo -- a smooth-talking "AI" contestant who crooned his way to Hollywood last night -- once had a secret weapon up his sleeve ... literally!

TMZ has obtained an arrest record revealing that Cataldo carried a handgun into a bar in Glendale, Ariz. back in 2006, after being kicked out for fighting. According to the arresting officer, Cataldo was "concealing" the gun under his clothing, and was confronted by security and arrested.

Cataldo plead no contest to carrying a concealed weapon (a misdemeanor) and was fined $568.

Cataldo went to serious lengths on last night's show to explain to the judges that he'd turned his life around since then. He revealed his baby mama was killed for being "at the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people, doing the wrong thing."

FOX had no comment.

K3VIN

Damn TMZ you all work fast at putting peoples personal business out there. You could have at least waited until the eliminations. DAMN. Give people a break. Like ya'll don't have skeletons in ys'll closet. Everyone is not perfect. He just auditioned last night. DAMN. WTF?

Caribbean Goddess

He is a single father that auditioned for A/I. At least he told the judges about his past and that he was trying to change for the better. How many father's black or white would take full responsibility of their son? Most of the contestants hide their criminal past and it comes to the light after the Cory comes back. I guess that everyone is perfect. How many of you guy have been arrested before? To those who are being negative toward him, look in the mirror. People who live in glass house should not throw stones. I have not posted out in 9 months but I could not just let this one go by. Give the guy a chance! If you are a nurturing father, I give you the up most respect.

K3VIN

This is absolutely ludicrous! He's trying to do good by his son and you all post this trash about his past. SO EFING WHAT!! I'm livid right now!!! YOU GUYS ARE GARBAGE!!!

ShaNayNay

Earth to Perrie Cataldo and all the other pathaeticaly untalented American Idol hopefuls: You should have paid attention in high school and gone on to college instead of hanging out with all your banger friends. Every dip thinks they can become famous to escape their miserable, depressing lives but instead just end up clogging up the works. Get off my TV and GET REAL - you will never become famous. You deserve the joke of a life you are currently living, and the best you can ever hope for is to wait on educated people like me hand and foot, and be damn grateful for the opportunity. We don't need more hood rat celebrities - how about a role model for once, not a "single father" who was rendered that way by having a kid with a stupid wench dumb ebough to "be in the wrong place at the wrong time BLAH BLAH BLAH." Cry me a river and go away. Kinko's in Glendale AZ is awaiting your application!!!!!

tumbleweed

turning life around??? does he know that you have to pay rent when you move in to an apartment????? well he did not,
he skipped out of his apartment without paying rent and to top it of, he left the apartment completely trashed and in a mess
GREAT IDOL
tumbleweed

lola

TMZ that is so wrong to put his bizz out like that....I bet some TMZ crew have had run in with the laws...POST THAT! a-holes

AL GOREs VAGINA

JUST REPRINT # 65 "Penetrator "..............HE ( SHE ) SAID IT BEST !!!!

blk

GGEZ I THINK I ADMIRE SOMEONE MORE WHO MADE MISTAKES IN THE PAST AND IS TRYINOTO BETTHER THEMSELVES.....TO ME THAT IS AN "AMERICAN IDOL" GIVE THE GUY A FREAKIN BREAK!!!!! I'D RATHER SOMEONE LEARN FROM THIER MISTAKE THEN TO HAVE SOME "GOODY TWO SHOES" WHO IS JUST LYIN TO THE WORLD...

Party 'till you die!

Maybe he and Lil (midget) Wayne can do a Jail Tour together! Idol bores the hell ut of me anyway!

Party 'till you die!

Way to rep Az........douchebag.

imjustsaying

And your point is?

ANDREA

THEY BETTER LET HIM CONTINUE. HE SAID HE RELIZED HE NEEDED TO TURN HIS LIFE AROUND FOR HIS SON AND THATS WHAT HE'S TRYING TO DO. WHOS GONNA GIVE HIM THAT CHANCE IF IDOL DOESNT. I WOULD BOYCOTT IDOL IF THEY DIDNT AND I KNOW LOTS WHO WOULD TOO. HE WAS GOOD!!!

TCurry

I think that was brave of him to put his business out there like that. I hope things work out for him and his son no matter what happens on Idol. Do your thing Perrie and live for you and your son.

Guppie

Hey I just wanted to thank everyone for supporting my boy Perrie, people do make mistakes and he has taken this experience and turned his life to a positve since this event. We have all the local radio stations and new channels showing support for him and I hope all you will do the same and contact American Idol to keep his run going and hopefully be your next American Idol. Thanks... Also if you want to contact Perrie please check out www.perriecataldofan.com. TMZ you are wrong!!!

courtney

I ACTUALLY USED TO DATE PERRIE AND HE IS A GREAT GUY.. HE HAS MADE SOME MISTAKES BUT HE HAS A GOOD HEART.. I HOPE HE GOES ALL THE WAY TO THEN END! OH AND FYI. HE IS NOT SINGLE.. HE IS ENGAGED..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments