Jack on Heath: "I Warned Him"

1/23/2008 12:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The paparazzi broke the news of Heath Ledger's death to Jack Nicholson in London last night -- and he had an eerie reaction to the news.

The photogs told Jack that Heath overdosed, but right now the evidence is pointing away from a suicide. At a presser today in London, Jack specifically warned the crowd against Ambien, saying he almost drove off a cliff while using the sleep aid. He added that he never knew Heath.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

re dumbasses...
lol kelly

abcdefg

"Um, I did mute Britney's live feed, dumbasses! You think you're so smart! Even with it muted you can't hear because of the paps in JACK'S video."

There's def. something wrong with your hearing then.

Suz

I could hear him plain as day. He said "I warned him" and what he may be referring to was the fact that they both played The Joker. Perhaps JN had discussed w/HL how taxing the role was.

djdw61

What the hell did he say besides, "I warned him!" (with a chuckle...weird...)

Moriah

I can't wait until this old pig kicks the bucket.

Jane

How callous and uncaring can he be????? He just finished working with Heath and this is all he has to say about his untimely death????? JN is a JACKASS!!

me

me

Suz......finally someone who gets it! Thank you for demonstrating your ability to use your God given brain, unlike the rest of these retards on TMZ.

commentor

A very strange reaction to hearing about Heath Ledger.
Little creepy, Jack.

Cindy

What were they working on together Jane? I didnt hear about this..

Trilogy

I couldn't understand him either and turned off the live feed.. After he says "I warned him" it's all garbled but I did hear ppl laugh right after he said that.. What is wrong with pp? You think just because it was JN who said that, you think he made a funny? Shows a lot of disrespect and ignorance!

MaryMac

18-I actually do not think that Jack and Heath have ever worked together, or if so, it wasn't recently. Heath played the same role as the Joker that Jack made famous in the earlier Batman movies.

I think Jack is saying that he warned him about his drug use because he states it after the paps tell him it was a drug overdose. I can see him partying with the younger Hollywood elite and telling them that a few drugs here and there are great, but you need to watch yourself, as he is a seasoned veteran and has managed to endure all his years and remain pretty healthy, amazingly.

Then he just was talking about having to be outside due to the non-smoking laws and that's about it.

abcdefg

Wow, seriously, JN couldn't have been more obnoxious if he tried. Nice laugh after finding out someone just DIED. WTF?

larry

Classic Jack. I love him.

abcdefg

"19. It's so funny to see dumbasses calling each other dumbasses. Now please, have fun uniting as one big ignorant entity and start the trash talking in regards to myself and my comment."

haha!!