Jack on Heath: "I Warned Him"

1/23/2008 12:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The paparazzi broke the news of Heath Ledger's death to Jack Nicholson in London last night -- and he had an eerie reaction to the news.

The photogs told Jack that Heath overdosed, but right now the evidence is pointing away from a suicide. At a presser today in London, Jack specifically warned the crowd against Ambien, saying he almost drove off a cliff while using the sleep aid. He added that he never knew Heath.

the_degenerate_club

It seems like Jack's reaction was a little insensitive. I don't know, maybe it took a minute for it to register or maybe Jack has just seen it all and is jaded/indifferent. Anyway.....

Kelli

41, yep, we think alike!

Susan22

I could hear everything..when the FIRST told him, he said, "That's awful. I warned him"..the rest of what he says is he was only ouside for a cigarette, is a usually a GREAT autograph signer (sarcasm), and is talking about 'going back inside'..to me he looked upset..even if he smirked..he was caught off guard, but looked upset to me.

biri

it's not playing grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynn Spears

no class he was smiling about something after. what the hell kind of comment was "I warned him"

Amber

He probably did warn him. Don't you figure Jack if anyone would know the ills of the business and the laws of moderation? I don't think he was being rude at all. I mean honestly how many of his co-workers and friends do you think Jack has seen go down in this same fashion over the course of his career?

Joke

First of all they want to catch these actors off-guard and have the first knee-jerk reaction spewed out.
Jack said "what happened" and then a pap said "overdose" then jack said "thats _____" and then " I warned him".. and everyone laughed.
Honestly, Jack has seen it all.. is it any surprise he is indifferent to it all?

He was smiling? how could you tell when he was looking the other way opening his mouth for a cigarette... maybe he smiled cause everyone was laughing and thats a common involuntary reaction. yeah... im sure jack is a cold son of a gun and just laughs uncontrollably whenever someone dies. get your heads out of your asses!

carolina amaris

I warned him could mean many thing's. Maybe the role of the Joker in Batman is intense and he warned him how the character can really drain a person. Or how after this Batman movie would be released that his life might not be the same with all the highly media propaganda.

Jocelyn

He chuckled through it, because death is very uncomfortable to deal with -- especially in front of others. For the record, after they tell him that Heath died of an overdose, JN said "That's awful..." Before he goes on to say he warned him... Then he chuckles a bunch to break the discomfort of the whole situation.

noitall

NICHOLSON IS SUCH A PRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mich

maybe he is talking about the batman movie

mommyof4

He's drunk off his ass and probably has no idea what the hell is going on.

erica

I'm the kind of person who laughs histerically when nervous, so we cant really say how he felt about heath's death.

about "I warned him", there's another video where he says he almost died du to ambien use, so maybe he told heath no to take the pills.

Sassy & Cute

Warning this guy wasn't enough. Heath new wtf he was doing to himself. I think Heath is dumb for what he did, and now look who is going to suffer?

tj

Jack u sick~ he is such an ass! he didn't evern know heath~ and to laugh ~ after an "Overdose" was blurted out to the crowd.. what the he##! jack u need to check urself dude! u seem to be the one with the drug problem, only a messed guy would laugh and take credit for" trying to tell him" you have truely lost my respect JACK!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments