Medical Examiner: Ledger Autopsy Inconclusive

1/23/2008 12:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerAn autopsy on Heath Ledger was inconclusive this morning, pending toxicology results.

The New York Medical Examiner's office tells TMZ it will take anywhere between ten days and two weeks to obtain test results. As TMZ first reported, the death appears to have been accidental.

QE2

I don't know what happened with Heath Ledger, but I got two Ambies pills from a friend for a 9-hour flight. One for the way there and one for the way back. Worked like a charm. I woke up feeling really great. My point is that least Ambian can feel totally safe and it would be easy to pop another one to get a good night of sleep. Of course you have to follow the Dr.'s orders, but I could see making a trajic mistake if someone really needed sleep with a tough work schedule ahead. Just my opinion.

JennyP.

The truth of the matter is when one is twenty-soemthing, one tends to think they're immortal. I'm sure Heath L. probably didn't realize what he could be bringing upon himself. I doubt his death was intentional. He was rundown, maybe mixing drugs, apparently had pneumonia--lots of unfortunate factors in the mix. Being extremely fatigued also creates depression and lack of good judgement, he was only a human being like the rest of us. Nothing better and nothing worse.

Mikey

JACK WARNED HIM!

SAY HI TO CESAR ROMERO FOR US....................

cooky

#11 yor an azz, it can be done. My brother who was mentally unstable died in April of an accidental over dose. So shut you little moth and show some repect. God bless the whole family my heart aches for them est the little child

MELISSA

THIS DEFINITELY IS A SHOCKER. A 28 YEAR OLD DOESN'T JUST "ACCIDENTLY" TAKE TOO MANY MEDICATIONS AT ONCE. ESPECIALLY SINCE HE WAS IN GOOD HEALTH. I AM A 28 YEAR OLD MYSELF WITH A CHILD AND THE MOST MEDS I TAKE IS SOME VICATIN. CLEARLY, HE HAD SOME ISSUES THAT THE PUBLIC WAS UNABLE OF. SAD SAD STORY. ANOTHER 20-SOMETHING WHO DIED TOO SOON.

Mikey

MAYBE ALFRED CAN FIGURE THIS STUFF OUT..................

ME

I warned him! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I warned him! That loser druggie! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mikey

It was the ghosts of Frank Gorshin and Cesar Romero that killed him.

If they can't figure it out we need to bring in Scooby Doo!

DoubleD

"How do you accidentally take to many pills"... Duh, you take one and it doesn't do anything so a little while later you take another... Still nothing, so out of desperation (keep in mind that he hadn't slept more than 2 hours a night for weeks) you take another...

Combine that with the fact that this medication is interacting with any other medications he might have taken (perscription or otc) and his system starts to fail... Have you heard the news? Kids are taking cold medicine to get high... Obviously, there are some very powerful drugs found even in an OTC cough medicine... You can even OD on "herbal suppliments" found in health food stores... Accidental OD's are NOT unusual. The FDA will approve just about anything if it's not harmful if "taken as directed"...

Obviously, no one knows what was going on in his head, but I really don't think he WANTED to die. I think if it was suicide - it would be obvious - not apparent. If he had intentionally taken enough to kill himself, they would have found at least some of the pills in his stomach when they did the autopsy. And he hadn't been dead that long because the cleaning lady said she heard him snoring around noon - so at that amount they wouldn't have had time to be completely digested. Plus knowing how enarmored he was of his daughter, I think he would have left some sort of message for her.

Backtalk

They need to start mandating these hollyweird actors to undergo drug-testing. They make athletes do it. My husband and his co-workers are requirred to do ii at his job. Maybe the guild could get on that & do something real for a change.

just me

I expect that when the autopsy comes up with what caused his death it will probably be a pulmonary embolism. Heath traveled to Australia last week and then from Australia to London this past weekend and from London he returned to New York on Monday. I expect that he was a victim of the so-called "economy-class syndrome," blood clots that form in the legs on long-haul flights. Most people who developed a deep vein thrombosis in the legs will have severe leg pain within hours after a long flight and seek medical treatment, but many others who developed blood clots only have minor or moderate leg cramps and ignore it. The danger is that within hours, and in a great many cases within days after clots form in deep leg veins, the blood clots can dislodge or pieces of blood clot can break off and travel to the lungs and cause a deadly pulmonary embolism, or travel to the brain or heart and cause a stroke or heart attack. And there was reports that he had pneumonia at the time of his death and so he would have been dehydrated from the onset of pneumonia, further increasing the risk of developing a deep vein thrombosis in his legs. Chances are he was a dead man walking when he returned home from London to New York on Monday, with blood clots in his legs that traveled to his lungs on Tuesday and caused sudden death from a pulmonary embolism.

demondave

There is no hate church in Australia, so unless they get on a plane to Perth they won't spreading their filth at his funeral

Jennie

Godspeed, Mr. Ledger...and to your family and loved ones. Whether we knew you personally or not, you were loved and your work was well done; you will be missed. Rest In Peace.

hotrodcutie

I have battled with anxiety and taken meds for it. The stuff that I was on 1st made me real sick. Then the next made me sleepy, but, if i were to mix it with over the counter sleep aids, i would lower my dose. if Heath had pneumonia he might have been on something else for it, like over the counter stuff. Most of the over the counter stuff have things in it that make people sleepy. Besides meds for anxiety, sleeping aids, and who knows if he was taking anything for the pneumonia. It could be a deadly combination. This is why they don't want children under a certain age take over the counter drugs for a cold.

I feel very sorry for his family at this time. Very sad for his daughter, that will grow up not knowing her father. My heart goes out to his family at this time. He died a untimely death, 28 is way too young. This poor man is just starting his life. I for one don't think that his death was on purpose.

ME

I'm in Hell now just like Heath!