Medical Examiner: Ledger Autopsy Inconclusive

1/23/2008 12:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerAn autopsy on Heath Ledger was inconclusive this morning, pending toxicology results.

The New York Medical Examiner's office tells TMZ it will take anywhere between ten days and two weeks to obtain test results. As TMZ first reported, the death appears to have been accidental.

ME

They would've found a pulmonary embolism during the autopsy, idiot! They're waiting for the drug tests to come in.

demondave

he wouldn't be travelling economy, probably laid down most of the flight, the cause has got to be a combination of illness and drug overdose, accidental not suicide. You play with drugs, sometimes you die, simple

MaMaKat

Heath, you are very loved, and will be missed greatly!! God Bless!

Pogue Mahone

I think it was accidental; I mean, who purposely tries to kill themselves just before an app't?(he was expecting the massuese to come over) esp. not leaving a suicide note?He also had a few films planned he was eager to do, so it's not like his career was over. I think he accidently just took too many pills or too close together, forgetting when he last had a dose, or perhaps combining pills that had a fatal interaction? In any case, it's tragic and sad and I hope he's at peace.

that.is.all

demondave
check out Perez Hilton's site...I read this too.

RIP Heath Ledger.

Genuine

Since he had pneumonia, I'd like to know if he had been prescribed a drug called prednisone. It's a steroid that can cause psychosis in some people and commonly prescribed for breathing difficulties. He'd have been a high risk if he was already suffereing from sleeplessness. Under the influence of this drug many people have attempted suicide and some of them have succeeded. They were not suicidal, they were poisoned. The medical community is very hush-hush about this side effect. Find out if he was taking prednisone.

wendy

to: get real - my mom accidently took too many of her anti-depressant pills and overdosed on them she kept forgetting what she took

Cindy

I used to take a lot of medication - anxiety and pain meds - for my medical condition however my doctors had me on so much medications I could not function - if in fact Heath died from the interactions of these meds - when in the hell are these doctors ever going realize they can't keep giving out pills like candy? When are the DOCTORS going to be held responsible? Just like Anna Nicole - what the hell was that about and why wasn't her Doctor held responsible? I have three kids and I am scared for them - what is this world coming to with all these pills????

canuckgrl69

All this negativity about the cirumstances surrounding heaths untimely death are ignorant! he left behind a sweet little daughter who one day may read about her father and come across these outrageous rumors. R.I.P. Heath. My heart goes out to your family and your fans, You will be greatly missed!

Yee Haw

Beautiful Man inside and out!!! SO SAD!!! R.I.P. Heath!!!

HEY IDIOTS!

NUMBER 5 -- all autospys are done right away it is the TOXICOLOGY TESTS that take a long time. They won't know what is in his body for a few weeks.

chris 28

So many young and talented people die at age 28 of overdoses. makes you wonder if he didn't get tooclose to his role as a heroin addict poet?

Sia

This media has to stop. Our world hasd turned into one discusting bowl of DRAMA! Britney this Heath that. The MAN DIED! Why? This answer is unknown...But as civilized human beings we should accept the fact that his loved ones are suffering. When the autopsy results come out then we will derive to a conclusion, until then everyone should shut their mouths and mourn for him (NOT MAKE STORIES UP) .....May he rest in peace......Just remember its us that make these celebritys commit this wrongful acts(if at all wrongful) How about going deep into the gossip as to why there is starvation in Africa...Now theres a debate to take in!!!!!!!!!

hotrodcutie

# 49. I have taken prednisone. And never had that side effect. Doctors only give you a small supply of this drug. I think you have to wean yourself off of it too. I think no one will really, know exactly what happened until the medical report comes back. And even then who knows if it will tell us anything. My prayers go out to his family at this time.

AlwaysHungry

Every agree that he adored his daughter. I hope those memories and stories will get passed down to her.