Medical Examiner: Ledger Autopsy Inconclusive

1/23/2008 12:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerAn autopsy on Heath Ledger was inconclusive this morning, pending toxicology results.

The New York Medical Examiner's office tells TMZ it will take anywhere between ten days and two weeks to obtain test results. As TMZ first reported, the death appears to have been accidental.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Sad Star

This whole situation is just so tragic and sad. He was a brilliant actor who was courageous and fearless in his career and was very humble about being a movie star. He seemed like he was very approachable, down-to-earth and would say hi to you on the street if you recognized him, not throw a diva-fit. My heart goes out to those he loved and the legions of fans who have lost an icon. I hope that his daughter grows up knowing that her father was a well-respected and extremely talented actor who will continue to be missed for years to come, not the MEDIA CIRCUS that surrounded his death. I pray that his loved ones are given space and respect in their grief. My most humble prayers are with them all.

RealityCheck

I don't hear anyone crying for Brad Renfro!

robert denbraber

i think until the final results of his autopsy are in people should stop saying he died from this or that.
let the medical examiner give us the cause of dead not the media. let the man rest in peace.
he was a great actor my best movie was ned kelley with naomi watts and orlando bloom.

kkm

If anyone were knowlegable about medication they would know that anti-anxiety medication taken along with sleep aids can be a lethal combination. Especially if a person is already sick! This was a man at the top of his game.He had no reason to commit suicide! Dont just assume things. It is disrespectful to him his daughter, and his family!
RIP Heath.You will be missed!

Gervais

Well it is sad but we need to look at the facts and his recent interview, Heath was working on a movie that was draining him to where he could not sleep more than 2 hours a day. Actors are people that are very sensitive true actors embrace , spouse and live deeply into the role they are playing , which reflects in their day to day life and emotions. This kid could not put up with this, he felt as if he was working against his own self in his latest role and that clashed with his personality and promoted anxiety and depression. This lead me to believe that THIS CAN NOT BE A SUICIDE....He said i will lay down in bed trying to sleep, my body all exhausted and my mind still going on all Night...this is FATIGUE.
Now he tried to overcome fatigue somehow and accidentally some happen...That is just my first impression.

Second thought is.....A Murder?????? Did a girl set him up??? we need to go back and see whom he hung out with before his death. Why was he Butt Naked?????

Last thing, my prayers go to his beautiful daughter and his family. Heath will be missed and remembered.

Gervais

Havesomerespect

Give the family the time and space to grieve the loss of their loved one. Without Predjudice or Speculation of what he died from. Give Heath the respect and dignity he deserves as he is laid to rest. Let his legacy live on to be "one of our best"

RIP Heath!! From Laura

Stephanie

Heath Ledger died of undiagnosed sleep Apnea...Yes, he may have also had anxiety as most would after a failed relationship and a stressful job.

So his maid said she heard him snoring right? That is one of the signs of Apnea (I know, like 85% of men snore but Heath was also not getting sleep, also another sign)

Most people that have Apnea don't know and it's hard for a doctor to diagnose--which is why you have to actually go to a sleep lab and be hooked up to machines and monitored. For the most part your body tells you "hey, I'm not breathing--wake up and take a breath".

Heath was taking medications used to relax and calm...I think he took enough of a dose to keep his body from sensing the need to wake up and take a breath.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7