Medicines Found in Heath's Apartment

1/23/2008 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed two of the medications found at Heath Ledger's apartment were Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs. Cops also found Ambien, along with several medications prescribed in Europe.

Heath's body has since been transported from the Medical Examiner's office to the Campbell Funeral Home in NY.

really now

Anti-depressents, anti-anxiety medication, seeing too many of these..... Anna Nicole, her son,... Then there are those that are taking them.... Britnney Spears, Paris Hilton, the guy that just shot up an OK mall, Columbine shooters.... not to mention the suicide attempt by Owen Wilson while on medication.... you hear the lip service that "they must be on the wrong dose" and stuff and I think this is too often, too common and too traggic to keep looking the other way.... remember, they thought the medications they gave in the 50's were safe for woman for naseau for years and started seeing all the birth defects.... maybe our pharmaceutical profession isn't as Godlike as they would like to believe.... by the way... there is no medical test to check for these "imbalances"..... I checked for myself....

Tracy

so, i think this, just because he was taking pills, doesn't mean he wasn't a junkie,. we dont know what he died from, so dont make assumptions on what happened to him, He's a son a brother and a dad, so for the sake of his child, be considerate of his family and close friends.

DesertChildAZ

The speculation and the false reporting have gotten out of hand! First there were drugs strewn around the room. Then there were not. Then there was a "rolled up" $20 next to his bed. Then there was no residue. You CANNOT report something that is false and then just retract it later assuming you are in the clar....those facts stick in people's minds...not the retraction. BE RESPONSIBLE with your reporting. This is NOT fair to Heath's memory or TO HIS LITTLE GIRL. STOP THIS NOW!!!

tits

I am more powerful than the combined armies of the world;

I have destroyed more men than all the wars of the all the nations;

I have caused millions of accidents and wrecked more homes than all the floods, tornadoes and hurricanes put together;

I am the worlds' slickest thief.

I steal billions of dollars each year;

I find my victims among the rich and poor alike,

I am relentless, insidious, unpredictable;

I bring sickness, poverty and death;

I give nothing and take all;

I am your worst enemy;

I am alcohol & drugs.

char

To all saying he was a junkie.please get real. He was actor and great one. A true lose for movie goers. Poor baby girl will never know her Daddy, Many people live and die everyday, Heath left a mark in this world through he's talent and art. I am gald someday he's daughter will be able to see his work. RIP

starwatcher

# 20 "it is very difficult to OD on benzodiazepines like xanax and valium"

BULL!!! it is very easy to overdose on benzodiazepines, my mother has a folder of obituaries of friends of hers, many of whom accidently died from taking too many benzos. there were also a few who died from mixing benzos and other drugs. but it is very possible to die on just xanax,valiums, ect. i agree with everything else you said in your post, but from seeing family friends die one after another due to this, i know you are incorrect.

my prayers go out to heath's family, especially his little girl. what a tragedy!! i was shocked when i heard the news this evening on tv. what a shame. i never would have expected this about heath ledger, never! perhaps had he and michelle not broken up this wouldnt have happened. he was probably trying to escape from the pain of losing his family.

CoolGirl2008

Oh Mi Frickin God TMZ!!!!

I just found medicine in my apartment too!

DesertChildAZ

"TMZ has confirmed..." Has confirmed with whom? You can't keep throwing these "facts" (which prove in the end to be untrue) out without providing your SOURCE for this information. If you cannot prove a source that is legitimate and authoritative, then you should not be reporting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy

To post 150 Jane:

I am so happy that someone here knows the word of God and believes.

Judge not lest ye be judged

He who has sinned not may cast the first stone

chillout music girl

New York's Washington Square Park is sometimes a haven for the stray homeless to get some shut-eye, curled up on a bench somewhere. For Heath Ledger, it was a place to roam while sleep evaded him.

"He would walk early in the morning – around 6:30 a.m. or 7," says retired city-worker Tony Rivera, 52, who walks his dog in the park each day at that time, "because, he said, he always had trouble sleeping. That's why he'd come out so early in the morning."

Once in a while, Ledger, 28, would watch the early-morning chess players in action – sometimes even joining them. He often talked about his daughter, says Rivera, who struck up a chat with the actor during one of his sleepless strolls. "He said it was a great thing, being a dad."

But Ledger's friendly banter with park locals was always punctuated by one recurring complaint: "He'd say, 'I'm very tired,' " Rivera recalls, "and he looked it."

Ledger, the type of actor who immersed himself in his film roles, spoke in a recent interview about how work-related stress gave him insomnia. During the shooting of his last completed film, The Dark Knight, Ledger told The New York Times in November that he often took the prescribed sleeping aid, Ambien, in an attempt to coax himself into a slumber.

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," he told The Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted and my mind was still going." Ledger continued to say that taking one pill had no effect on him. He'd have to take second to fall asleep, only to awake an hour later with his "mind still racing."

Partying Until Sunrise
Ledger's reported hard-partying drinking at all hours of the night may have been another way for him to try and self-medicate himself to sleep. "He partied a lot," one friend of Ledger's told PEOPLE. "He didn't really stop partying. At nights when I was going home, he was just starting. He was part of the New York scene." Another club regular recalls that Ledger would arrive at Manhattan lounge, The Beatrice Inn, at 3:30 a.m., "and he never left until sunrise."

But not home to sleep, it seems. Instead, Ledger would be out for a walk in the park and perhaps he'd play a groggy game of chess with strangers. "He didn't seem to be such a good chess player," recalls Rivera, "but I'm not sure ..."

Ledger, perhaps, wasn't interested in winning or losing. He was just trying to calm his "racing" mind so he could once and for all get some sleep as the rest of the city woke up.

• Reporting by STEVE ERWIN and TIFFANY MCGEE

WHAT IS THE RUSH

DEATH LIKE THIS BRINGS OUT ALL THE BOARD NUT CASES, THEY CAN LAUGH, BUT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

kellli

Heath you will live on in your daughter and your brilliance will shine through! GOD BLESS!

chillout music girl

He took way tooooooooooo many ambien pills......... it is sad he did alone at home and no one was there to help him...

everyone must read the people.com article........ he was tired.......

___________

Partying Until Sunrise

• Reporting by STEVE ERWIN and TIFFANY MCGEE

mymy

K here we go again. I informed people after Daniel dies it was the perscription drugs and then when Anna dies I did the same. i bet Brad Renfro was on Antidepressents when he dies and Brian Botono SP? was also. Now could we please understand that these drugs kill. Now one should never give these drugs to anyone who drinks period. They do so because they would lose a big chunk of change. they know how toxic these drugs are. they know they are the most likely to kill you with an interaction yet they give more than one drug at a time. I bet he took some cold medicine over the counter Which is a big risk. No one tell you this. I almost died when given a new drug after the old one had not yet washed out of my system. You need awhile inbetween drugs. The liver can be compromised up to 6 weeks after stopping a drug. Everyone just keeps taking pills and dying. The guy that did the autopsy on Ann Nicole says he does at least 10 persciption drug deaths a week. Wexler i think his name was. Your hearing about it because he is famous . I bet many people dies on the same day due to a perscription drug interaction. Sometimes you stay alive and have lifelong illnesses brought on by an drug interaction. The package insert where it says rare side effects are anything but. ! to 2 persent of drug induced side effects get reported. Because thjey act like you just developed the disease on your own. The elderly are the most messed with. So please when you take a drug and you have heart attack the nest day blame the drug.

hillary

#13...LAME.

HEATH TOOK PRESCRIPTIONS...NOT STREET DRUGS. GET OVER IT. HE WAS AN AMAZING ACTOR WITH SO MUCH HEART.

TO ALL OF YOU WHO FEEL THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ASSUME, GROW UP.