Medicines Found in Heath's Apartment

1/23/2008 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed two of the medications found at Heath Ledger's apartment were Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs. Cops also found Ambien, along with several medications prescribed in Europe.

Heath's body has since been transported from the Medical Examiner's office to the Campbell Funeral Home in NY.

Karin B.

Aren't these the same meds that Anna Nicole took??

Wow, isn't it great how doctors look after patients.

Quick fix meds, that end up killing celebs.

Hollywood better start finding natural ways to help Celebs cope.

It's sad, what a loss Ledger.

donna

I had Pnemonia a few weeks ago. All i wanted to do was sleep. I couldnt because I coughed so much. I would awake and say please just let me sleep.. I can totally understand..

Guy Denton

The mortality rate is higher for those who bargain for more drugs

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS ..........

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE TEST DONE BEFORE JUDGING

HIM ,,,,,,,,,,,,HE COULD OF HAD GENERAL HEALTH PROBLEMS

AND HE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT OR ANYONE ELSE ..........

IT WILL BE WEEKS BEFORE THE OUTCOME IS TOLD ...........

VERY SAD SITUATION HERE .............

I HEARD IT WAS AN OVERDOSE , I DONT BELIEVE IT .....

THERE'S MORE TO THIS STORY THAN RUMORS ............

why_do_you_lie

heath was a great actor i belive that we have no right to speculate and that of course TMZ as always needs to check it's sources before it reports it doesn't matter if you get the scoop if you have to retract your comments' after they are written how about from now on you go out and find out what everybody else finds out without destroying people's reputation oh i hope you get sued by all of the people you lied about and that you suffer the same fate as dan rather an lose your jobs you professional stalkers

god loves all people (except poperatzi nazis and tabloids)

geeewhiz

Such a sad sad ending to his life. I would think that possibly oxycontin was involved and that is such a lethal drug. It really doesn't matter now.....another young star taken by drugs. R.I.P. and God Bless his family. He seemed like such a down to earth person and a good one at that.

Guy Denton

Whatever it is . Its better off kept in a Ledger

Sandra

What a terrible, sad lose for his precious daughter Matilda.She will never know her Daddy. This is a truly a sad lose regardless of how he passed away. RIP and lots of sympathy towards Michelle, Matilda and there families through this difficult time.

why_do_you_lie

there was no talk of (oxycodon) so dont bring it up

kim

I am your worst enemy- AMEN. That is the truth. Im not getting on Just say nope to dope bandwagon but synthetics are making tons of paranoid, scary people out there w/ fried brain cells. The meth heads are the scariest because they have zero respect for anything; property; their lives, others lives. They just need to get that high and will do ANYTHING to get it. ANYTHING!

Jennifer

So he took ambien and xanax big woop!! a third of this country is on these meds!! I had pneumonia, the over the counter cold meds almost did me in

Lee-Anne Mannell

What an unexplainable loss of life. I am far from impressed on the way the media this morning, especially coming from usa. could only sit on the bad points or so they seem. Naked well what single person doesnt sleep that way. And the way they proclaim drugs all around him.... I think not that way... I do beleive accidents happen and this is one of the worse. My daughter was a fan of his looks. I myself was a fan of his craft... Good guy gone way too early... My heart is with his family as i know heartache, this is one of the worse. Sorry Matilda he will live on within you. Life is a celebration ,death is a Celebration of LIFE. Look into the eyes of the young. Life will go on

Amy

I loved Heath Ledger just as much as the next person. He was a repected actor and very talented. However, does anyone else find it a little odd that supposedly Heath Ledger has had an appointment with his masseuse at 3PM. Heath was last seen alive at 12:00PM. Now WHY would he take so many SLEEPING pills between NOON and 3PM when he KNEW he had an appointment. I just found it strange. I also noticed how tired and run down he always was. In many interviews, such as his last appearance on Ellen, and in the most recent interview, he always seems to be talking about how tired he is, and how he over does it in many roles. Just a very sad thing. Haunting.

jpeezy

People, PLEASE stop taking your brain candies with other things! They don't even mix with sunlight, for God's sake! Be careful! You're just giving Tom Cruise more ammunition. Rest in peace Heath. May God be with your family.

juju

everybody is quick to judge leave the man rest in peace