Medicines Found in Heath's Apartment

1/23/2008 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed two of the medications found at Heath Ledger's apartment were Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs. Cops also found Ambien, along with several medications prescribed in Europe.

Heath's body has since been transported from the Medical Examiner's office to the Campbell Funeral Home in NY.

CVS Whore

Xanax & Valium can be found in virtually every medicine cabinet in the U.S.... So?

Terri

One of the networks in NY reported that the cops also found bags of white powder. I only wonder if it was cocaine or heroin. Very sorry he died, anyway.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

He was human just like any of us... some of us get stressed, and take anti-anxiety medicine.
Why is everyone sounding like Tom Cruise, as if you are so much better because you dont need
to take any medication. This was a terrible accident, but used correctly, medicine CAN help!

too bad

I am sending my kind thoughts and sympathies to Heath's family. I am concerned that there has been a lot of hate speech regarding Heath and Brokeback Mountain. I am so upset that religious extremists are using his death to spread their hate- as it is the exact opposite of what Jesus would do. Brokeback Mountain was a beautiful film, The scenery, the music and the love story was just heart-breaking and soul pounding, BTW, I am allowed under the 1st amendment to say this. So please,spare me your hate filled, so-called religious beliefs. I do not want to hear your closed minded views rammed down my throat-I am in the USA and it is my right to love this movie and say so. I will always remember the final scene in the movie when Ennis smelled his daughters sweater and placed it in the closet next to Jack's blood stained cowboy shirt. WOWZA-talk about a tear-jerker. Heath was an incredible actor who made me feel all his characters pain, love, and sadly, Ennis's despair. After the movie I was filled up with raw emotion and I am not gay- I felt his love. Anyone who has ever been in love understands what I am saying.

trish

I cant believe it. I loved his acting...Specially in the beginning of his carrier....The Patriot....movies like when he dressed in the casanova.........he will be missed.. why, I just say, why. I am so sad to see our movie stars go through this...I wish he would of gotten help...those pills mixed are so dangerous............man I can't get over it. We kind of make a connection with these movie stars and get close to them.............RIP Heath

chillout music girl

Maybe they will find ambien on the dollar bill.....maybe he snorted that to get to sleep faster

Beware of ambien people - it has bad interactions like allergic shock , heart attack and worse.. it can be abused...

I read this information on a Rx website

Ambien Overdose

Ambien with the generic name of Zolpidem belongs to a class of medicines that effects the central nervous system, called sedative hypnotics. Ambien is closely related to a family of drugs called benzodiazepines. These drugs cause sedation, muscle relaxation, act as anti-convulsants (anti-seizure), and have anti-anxiety properties. Ambien has selectivity in that it has little of the muscle relaxant or anti-seizure effect and more of the sedative effect. Therefore, it is used as a medication for sleep. People who take too much Ambien may become excessively sleepy or even go into a light coma. The symptoms of overdose are more severe if the person is also taking other drugs that depress the central nervous system. Some cases of multiple overdoses have been fatal.

When abused, Ambien tablets are taken orally, crushed and then snorted, or dissolved in water and "cooked" for intravenous injection.

Overdose of Ambien may include:

sleepiness
confusion
dizziness
clumsiness
severe nausea or vomiting
staggering
difficult or slow breathing
slowed heart rate
unconsciousness

nini grange

can't even believe it...such a great actor, so young, so cute

kim suck

he was weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME

Just another actor overdosing... NEXT! IS BRIT DEAD YET?

tenaz

its very difficult to die from just a xanax- alpax overdose,, wud take a huge amount,,,, upon taking sucha huge amount. the first thing your system does is try and throw it out ...

lets not play quavks out here......yes ....its dangerous to mix drugs nad diagonise urself

Adrienne

#55 If you hate gays why are you here? Don't you know Harvey is gay? There are a lot of gay people everywhere, and you better get used to it.

I was wrong about you

amarilis

And please do not pass judgment! Is not our job to judge him, but God. Who knows what happened? It could have been accidental or in purpose, but is not our place to judge him. It goes to show you that people in Hollywood are just like us and make mistakes. I see an uprising of these deaths, and this one is like Anna Nicole Smith and she too had pneumonia when she died. Never, ever!! miss these meds, with common over the counter meds, very dangerous, and as a human being he made that mistake. Rest his soul in peace!! In our house we loved you, Keith! May your daughter know that you were loved and will be miss....

MarkToronto

Xanax is an anti depression/anxiety drug. Effexor XR is an anti depression anti anxiety drug. I was under massive stress at work, (Massive) and the doctor prescribed Effexor XR to alleviate stress. The drug actually gave me ANXIETY like I never had in my life. I went for a second opinion about the medication saying its making me 10x worse. I was told to stay on it. I could not sleep or think clearly. So I was given Valium to take away the anxiety that Effexor was causing. Then I would drink to get to sleep as well.

I hate drugs and had never participate in the 'recreational' aspect of it. I don't even like to drink.

But between stress, SEVERE ANXIETY and doctors giving me Effexor I went loopy. I quit my job, I got off the Effexor (very difficult to do) and now I have no desire for any stimulants to go to sleep, except a good book.

Don't compare drug addicts with hard working people experiencing big stress and turn to doctors for help.

Candi Brewer

Why do good people have to die and then theres crap people like Lil' Wayne who gets busted and he will just get off with it?? Bring Heath back and take Lil' Wayne!!!!!

ME

Way to go Heath. Now you're dead! Congrats! You'll never see your daughter again and some other guy will raise her instead of you.