Medicines Found in Heath's Apartment

1/23/2008 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed two of the medications found at Heath Ledger's apartment were Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs. Cops also found Ambien, along with several medications prescribed in Europe.

Heath's body has since been transported from the Medical Examiner's office to the Campbell Funeral Home in NY.

drewswife

I pray for his family and friends. Hollywood life can give people all sorts of complexses. Imagine never being left alone, and every move you make is up for speculation. That would probably explain the anti anxiety meds...not to mention his break up with whats her face...he was devistated....I doubt he did it on purpose and I doubt he was abusing....His jerk doctor probably neglected to tell him not to mix certain meds.....I see a lawsuit coming from the family...

maddie

after watching the TMZ VIEDOS AND THE INTERVIEW WITH THE ACTOR HE SEEMED VERY AGITATED AND THE MED'S HE WAS TAKING MY GOD XANAX AND VALIUM I'M ON ALOT OF MED'S FROM AN ACCIDENT BUT I KNOW HOW TO TAKE THESE DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!1 AND I READ UP ON THEM SO I'LL KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT I HEARD PEOPLE LAUGHING WHEN THEY WERE TAKING HIM OUT SIDE THIS IS NOT FUNNY PEOPLE AS ANOTHER ONE SAID IN A COMMENT THIS IS A VERY YOUNG MAN AND A GREAT ACTOR AND HE LEAVES BEHIND A BABYGIRL AND FAMILY THIS IS VERY SAD AND TRAGIC BRITTANY SPEARS READ THIS AND REMEMBER YOUR A MOTHER LOOK AT LISA PRESSLEY AND THE AFFECT IT HAD ON THIS LITTLE GIRL AND AS A WOMAN >>>>>>>>>>MAY GOD BLESS HIS FAMILY AND HIM ON HIS JOURNEY

trish

I think he suffered silently......................RIP Heath you were a Joy to watch, you will be missed..........

darlene

Its really a shame, he was a very good actor who tried to live a very low key life. I feel for Matilda and Michelle as I know they will miss him as so will I. I wish the best for his family. A true legend gone before his time.

ME

please pray for him, you love him so much but you don't know his name???? Heath NOT Keith!

ME

Anybody else hoping he's not RIP(ing)?

chillout music girl

Ambien killed him....... it puts you into a coma and you die........
He wasn't a druggie... just a tired guy.. who snorted or popped to many ambien pills to get to sleep

Robyn

I'd like to know the reason for the breakup between Heath and Michelle Williams; I wonder if drugs were an issue. If so, then I think Michelle should've done more for Heath and stuck by his side to help him out. I don't know the whole story, but it seems to me that she would've known about something as profound as a drug problem!!

Bonnie

I wonder why his dr. would prescribe both xanax and valium..they are both benzodiazepines and both do the same thing. It is a sort of one or the other medication if taking both an accidental overdose would be an easy thing to have happen. Someone needs to take a look at his dr.

Kerrie T

just for the record...I know alot of people have those medications in their homes. For those of you who have nothing but negative things to say about this tragic death, grow up and get ur lives together. Stop blaming the world and talented actors for ur misfortunes. He was rich b/c he worked hard. Get over your jealousy. Let's try and remember this person for his talents, not for the garbage the media strewns around for their own personal gain.

Oh yea, btw TMZ I really disapprove of the video where ur cameramen follow Lindsay Lohan shouting "HEATH IS DEAD" to get a reaction. I thought it was cold hearted. Also, why is it you people are always talking about the Paparazzi...yet, you are the paparazzi???? Hmmm.

Janie

This is just so sad, he was a young man, with a young child and he was just needing some rest and sleep. He had already stated that he was only sleeping a couple of hours a night. Anyone who has ever had a sleeping problem for any length of time knows how desperate someone can become.

Lisa

What an awful, tragic accident. The worst of it is his family finding out about his death from the news. THAT is a disgrace.

ME

Maybe the doctor thought he was smart enough not to overdose. Apparently the doctor was wrong.

KendallJaye

wonder if this will up attendance for this summer's DARK KNIGHT?

Stephanie

They DID NOT find baggies with white powder..... There were no illegal drugs found in his home!
It is all premature to even conclude that he was on anything other than prescribed medicines.
Let him rest in peace at this point does it matter, a man has died and child with out a father, family without a son, brother and many people who loved him are now without a friend.
REST IN PEACE HEATH YOU WERE LOVED MY MANY! THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES AT THE GREAT TIME OF SADNESS!
MUCH LOVE TO HEATH!