Steve Carell

Picked ... For Jury Duty!

1/23/2008 8:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was in the courtroom when Steve Carell was picked for jury duty. Do you think his "Office" will pay him for that??

He's been selected to serve on the jury in a civil case over some type of employment dispute. Both sides are Korean and non-English speaking, and we're told an interpreter will be present for the duration of the trial. As a juror, he'll be paid $15.00 a day -- that's at least something during the strike!

"The 40-Year-Old Virgin" is due back in court tomorrow at 9:00 AM PT.

Cluck You PETA

15 bucks - that sucks! I got 40 bucks a day when I served on the jury last year.

kim

If they dont speak English they shouldnt be allowed to have a trial in English speaking court. I would never go to Asia and expect to sue someone and have a translator paid for by the Asian citizens taxpayer $. Im for assimilation for EVERYONE.
If you move to America learn English. If you move to Iran learn Iranian. I am sick of people expecting countries (any country) to bend to their cultures. NO Assimilate and adapt to the country you are chosing to live in!

Kelli

18, I think I get it?hmm

Bioretention

Actually, I don't think they've tackled jury duty on the office yet. Foreman Michael Scott might be an interesting episode.

TVDinner

An interpreter will be present for the proceedings, not a translator. Translation is written; interpretation is spoken. I know it's splitting hairs, but as an interpreter myself I feel duty-bound to point out the difference. Thank you, and you may all proceed with your day.

Rustyvain

"Hug it out B!TCH"

Ms. Hysterical

Everyone I know in L.A. puts their jury duty summons in the same place: the shredder.

chet lemon

Michael wouldn't be able to tell the Plaintiff from the Defendant.

RedFox

Thanks for the good post very interesting

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2