Where is Jake Gyllenhaal?

1/23/2008 8:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jake GyllenhaalJake Gyllenhaal has yet to be seen or heard from since the death of his close friend, Heath Ledger -- and people on the set of his new film are working hard to keep it that way.

Gyllenhaal is in New Mexico, currently filming his new movie, "Brothers." We're told there are no plans to shut down production, but Jake is very upset and doesn't want to talk to the media -- so the set has been closed to non-crew members and extra security has been hired.

Jake is the godfather to Heath's daughter, Matilda Rose.

66? Did You Say 66? Closer to 86 Actually

Jake is thinking how he's gonna ram his rod up Michelle's pooter.

YEEEEEHHHAAAHH!!!

Lynn

God Bless Heath, Matilda, and all his family and friends, including Jake. We love you Jake baby and know how devastated you must be. Prayers to and love for you all.

devilgirl

I was wondering about Jake and how he was dealing with all this.
Please, TMZ, I know it's your job, but please PLEASE leave Matilda, Jake and Michelle alone for now.
They must be devastated.
Jake said he and Heath made Brokeback and became best friends. Just let him grieve his friend and try to go on.

janice

You ask where he is and then answer yourselves? Brilliant.

takirah

you ever think that maybe he is mourning????? god the man just died yesterday people need time to adjust to the news take it easy already. give people time to breath TMZ seesh im sure its not easy loosing a close friend let certain things go TMZ

stressedgoddess

Give Jake a chance to grieve...He'll come forward when and IF he wants to...

Hugs to you Jake...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Daniel

when are the Media going to learn to stop.....let people grieve for heaven sack....the media will never learn will they

web

People need space. Let people mourn.

Cluck You PETA

I have been wondering where Jake has been since yesterday. I did not expect him to comment to the media but I did think he would be on the first plane back to NY. That's where I would be if my best friend just died. I wouldn't still be at work, that's for sure.

Makes me really wonder how "close" they really were.

redsonja1313

Leave him alone too. Let him be a godfather to that child and leave these people to grieve in peace. Please go back to stalking Britney

QE2

If I lost a friend close enough to me to be my child's godparent, I would be beside myself. That would be a a nightmare I don't even want to think about................

OCD

Leave the man be. He will speak when and if he chooses to.

Hounding him and hunting him down like prey is beyond disgusting.

chillout music girl

THE AUSTRALIAN IS REPORTING SOME KIND OF MEMORIAL IS GOING TO HAPPEN AT THE END OF THE WEEK IN LOS ANGELES..............

The Australian newspaper is reporting that Heath's father, Kim, will be attending an event in Los Angeles at the end of the week with Aussie model Gemma Ward, the woman last romantically linked to Heath. It's believed the event will be a memorial service for the star. Gemma's mother, Claire, told the newspaper that her daughter is currently in New York.

Meanwhile, the 20-year-old's sister, Sophie (who's also a model), told the West Australian newspaper that Heath had sworn off alcohol at Christmastime amid a bout of anxiety over being unable to see his daughter Matilda, 2.

Sophie says that Heath was distressed over his split with Michelle Williams and being away from Matilda. He was "quite upset because he couldn't see his daughter as much as he'd like to," she said. "He was traveling so much and I think he was just frustrated with it all."

nvg

To all the Media - Leave Jake and all of Heath's family and friends alone!! Let them grieve in private!!

noitall

JAKE IS A WEIRDO FREAK....THIS DOESN'T SURPRISE ME AT ALL !!!