Mourning in Brooklyn

1/24/2008 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle Williams' friends and family were in Brooklyn yesterday to comfort her.

Her mother, Carla, arrived to Williams' Brooklyn residence early in the morning, joined later by Busy Philipps, Williams' co-star on "Dawson's Creek" and godmother of Michelle and Heath Ledger's daughter Matilda. "Felicity" star Keri Russell, a neighbor and friend, walked by the house, but didn't stop in.

Williams arrived with Matilda Wednesday evening after flying back from Sweden.

getting irritated

So much for respecting Heath's father's wishes and affording these grieving people some privacy.

jogo

of course these people are grieving - it's a normal human emotion - not that TMZ would know or care!

Writergirl

I'm pretty sure the correct name is Bijou Phillips, not "Busy" as you keep reporting. So much for accuracy. I think it would be wonderful if you would just leave this poor, grieving family alone.

Steph

Damn Harvey!!!! Show some respect and back off....follow Britney and leave these people to mourn the loss of their love one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You heartless bastard!!!!

real question

what in the world is wrong with you people? have you not lost a loved one? it's bad enough that they are trying to wrap their minds around the recent events, but to have cameras EVERYWHERE they go....no respect at all. imagine not being able to leave your home because some a**hole wants to make money off of your visable grief. this makes me so, so sad. have a little respect.

Cicely

I'm with the lady on the video... LEAVE THEM ALONE! You are all pigs! It is one thing to cover all the stars doing daily things... but this is a funeral man! What jerks! TMZ is the lowest of lows! After your awful coverage of this tradgedy... I am no longer visiting your site! Even Perez Hilton isn't this low!

tiffany

... What does Keri Russell have to do with anything? Maybe she was just out for a walk?

Props to the people yelling, "Leave them alone!"

tiffany

RE #3, Candy :

Actually, Bijou Phillips and Busy Phillips are two different people. They do mean Busy Phillips, who was on Dawson's Creek with Michelle Williams.

So much for your accuracy, right?

jd

It's moments like this that makes you wonder how many other talented potential stars are out there but will never pursue greatness because they don't want to deal with the paparazzi. And I am just as guilty for looking so as of today I'm done. Thank you tmz for showing what filthy people you are and to show me what I was supporting.

ME

WHY WOULD KERI WALK BY THE HOUSE AND NOT GO IN? THAT'S STUPID!

lawoman

Can't the stalkers...I mean paps.....lay off for just a FEW days & let Heath's family & close friends grieve in private??? Come on, Harvey, how much biz would you really sacrifice if you showed the world some class & set an example for all the other vultures. Heath hated publicity & it's so unfitting that there is no peace for him even in his death.

Tristania

Leave them the hill alone! We don't need a blow by blow description of this family's grief. I see Reverend a**hole is going to demonstrate at the funeral as he did at the fallen Iraq soldier's funerals who were gay. I can just see his bunch of lowlifes and TMZ's lowlifes trying to shove each other aside.

Stephanie

My goodness, I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around this and struck with sadness. I can not even imagine what his family and the people who loved and knew him are feeling. Please, give them space at this time of mourning. Michelle must be having a terrible time, and their daughter oh my ......
I am speechless, and terribly sadden.
Media circus needs to pause for this family and let them grieve.
Prayers and love I am sending to the family and his loved ones at this time.

Matt

It's Busy Phillips, you dope...Bijou is a different person...

Jackass

Carolyn A-B

#3: Busy Phillips was a "Dawson's Creek" co-star and last had a supporting role on "E.R." She and Bijou are 2 different people.

It's good for family and friends to rally around Michelle and Matilda, but you don't have to show us this, TMZ. Allow them to have their privacy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments