« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Is Clemens Ready for His "Moment of Truth"?

1/25/2008 8:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The most popular new show on television is giving former Yankee pitcher Roger Clemens a chance to clear his good name -- and he can pocket a cool half mil in the process!
Read the documents
The FOX show "The Moment of Truth" -- which premiered to 23 million people on Wednesday -- sent a letter to the Rocket's manager, asking Roger to appear. Contestants on the show are asked a series of questions while hooked up to a polygraph machine -- and then have to own up to their answers in front of an audience comprised of their friends and relatives.

Howard Schultz, creator and Exec. Producer of the show, says Roger can put the steroids question to rest once and for all -- and donate his winnings to the charity of his choice. Schultz writes, "People have stood in awe at your incredible accomplishments in baseball. This show could let the world know that you are an incredibly courageous person, as well as to clear your name in front of a nationwide audience, all in the name of charity."

Calls to Clemens' management were not immediately returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

WhiteFox

Nice one thanks the for the good info!!!!!!!

Memon

So called "lie detector" tests are not always accurate in the first place. It also depends on who gives the tests and where the test is given. Suppose you took a lie detector test and you said yes to something you thought happened. The test would show that you were telling the truth, but later in the test it was discovered that it could not have happened. Your getting yourself into a nom win situation. The hell with what other people think. I'd rather someone think I did something bad than to take a lie detector test and show I was not telling the truth, even though I knew I was. I've taken a several of these tests and some showed I was telling the truth and some showed I was not, but I have never lied on any of them. Don't subject yourself to a LD test unless you are ready to accept whatever comes out of that machine. Oh, know what perscription drugs can affect the outcome.

HRHKAT

yep he lied

Lorenzo Quintanar

Do it Roger prove it! Lets see if you have the BALLS!!

me

really boring show

Sam

There's no way he goes on this show. He'd have too much to lose

Brianne

I think all of the haters of tmz should get together and boycott tmz look at all the advertisers and start by contacting them. BOYCOTT TMZ BOYCOTT TMZ

R U KDG ME???

Not gonna happen. Anyone with EYES can see the difference- he's MASSIVE. Natural acheivement? Highly unlikely.

HRHKAT

wow im surprised i got the first comment....but he is a liar...i mean come on...hes like 45...and is still good a baseball....even barry bonds is like "ok give it up...you not taking roids is like clay being a womanizer"....i dont think barry knows about clay though...

just a thought

He wont show he's a lier..

that.is.all

Leave him alone. White baseball players are good people.

pimp

He wont' do it

He ain't go no ballz

'roids will do that to you

shrink your ballz that is

bsb fan

If he went on that show, it would take centuries! Have you seen it? It takes 10 minutes for the stupid lady over the speaker thing to say True or Lie or whatever..

Very boring... and mostly annoying.

LIFE IS LIFE

NO. 9 IS ALL RIGHT

Cammie

As a mother who followed her son (pitcher/MVP) in Little League baseball and then competitive basketball throughout high school, I feel that Roger Clemons and all other players involved with this scandal should have their names removed from the Baseball Hall of Fame so the ethical and honorable can take their rightful place in baseball history.

When I saw those grown men (who didn't have the masculine balls to tell the truth) before Congress, it made me disrespect each of them as young boys (and girls) have idealized them as jocks. I guess their balls have shrunken in more than one way, eh?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments