Kiefer and Dad Hug It Out

1/25/2008 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After spending 48 days in jail, Kiefer Sutherland got some consensual love from a man -- his dad, veteran actor Donald Sutherland.

Kiefer and his Crocs-wearing pops reunited outside a Santa Monica restaurant on Thursday.

Trisha

Congratulations to Keifer for serving his ENTIRE sentence of 48 days. Unlike some other celebrities we've read about recently, he stood up and took responsibility for his actions and will almost definetily not repeat this mistake. Kudos to the judge also for imposing a sentence AND enforcing the sentence. ALL of our elected and appointed Judicials personnel should be obligated to these same standards. Will times change? Time will only tell.

Diana

A very beautiful picture!

SlotZero

Just goes to show that there are some celebs who haven't let fame go to their heads. Both men are excellent actors and seem like real down to earth people when you see them interviewed.

I still laugh whenever I think of Donald Sutherland in Kelly's Hero's, riding the tank like a hippie, loudspeakers blaring music and shouting "woof woof!" lol!! Classic.

SlotZero

# 35 and #36. What don't you two get about this man serving his FULL sentence like a man, doing the entire 48 days quietly AND with dignity? He pleaded no contest, apologized and asked for NO SPECIAL TREATMENT. On top of that, he's obliged to perform the following:

"The actor also has to serve five years probation, complete an 18-month alcohol education program and attend weekly therapy sessions for six months."

What more would you two morons have this man do? Don't bother answering, it's a rhetorical question.

NuKiNg FuTz

Okay sweetheart! You are a free man!!!! Now start filming the next season of 24 because Im waiting to see your fine ass in action!!! Love ya Kiefer!!!!! JACK IS BACK!!!!

Kelli

Very sweet. Donald doesn't even have to speak when he acts. He's look says it all. awww...........

Sophie

hi 39
Kiefer is not your future husmand because he's mine !!!!!!!!

dianne

So nice to see the Sutherlands together and Kiefer out of jail. Way to go Kiefer but hope you stay out of trouble now and I think he will. Can't wait for 24 to return. Does anyone know when his movie "mirrors" will be out?

Standards are badly needed.

Kiefer protected his father from bad press by leaving everyone close to him off the visitor's list. He didn't want his Dad to have to go to a jail to see him due to his own actions. Typically Canadian, right down to the Harris Tweed jacket and black umbrella, which is the low key, classic British influence in Canada. His Grandfather on his mother's side (Tommy Douglas) was at one time Premier of Saskatchewan and a founder of Universal Health Care in Canada, and thanks to his dedication and hard work (and many others), I don't have to worry whenever any of my family members need a doctor or more. Kiefer has a very interesting bio. Check it out.

tmzer

Damn good actors. Now thats what I call a man. Keifer knows he did wrong, stood up and didn't make a scene and took his punishment.

justme8593

Class, pure class this family is...I would venture to guess that no one was on his visitation list because he did not want a circus every time one of his visitors came. Look a the bs every time kathy and rick hilton showed up. Again I think this shows nothing but class. I have always enjoyed donald, and am a big fan of Keifers also. I am 51 years old and I have made mistakes, I have paid for them and have went on with my life, I think Keifer deserves to be able to do that also, he took his medicine without any complaining, he has paid the debt that was given to him and he should be left alone. Can't wait for 24 to come back...Have been a faithful watcher since day one!!!

Draya

Warms my cold heart. Like them both.

Draya

Donald Sutherland is an acting icon. And he can wear any damn thing on his feet that he wants.

sara anne

39 and 51....your both wrong! he is mine!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4