Public and Media Swarm as Heath is Moved

1/25/2008 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a crush of spectators, photographers and video cameras, the body of Heath Ledger was moved from the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel in New York -- in an outpouring of curiosity and grief reminiscent of the deaths of John Lennon and Marilyn Monroe.

TMZ is told that Ledger's father is in New York, but he was not seen at the funeral parlor today. There are reports of a private service for Heath in L.A. this weekend. Ledger will be buried in Perth, Australia.

Matt

How completely tastless...
You, and Perez, and everyone else should be proud.

Laughing as the coffin is being put in...

The world is over...

Wasn't this guy a pimp ??

NUMBER 11 - " YOUR CONSCIENCE"
YOU ARE ONE NASTY EXCUSE OF A HUMAN BEING .
TRASHING SOMEONE FOR WORDS OF KINDNESS ?
WOW , HOW SAD YOU ARE . WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO YOUR MISERABLE LITTLE LIFE AND CEASE THE JUDGEMENT ON PEOPLE WHO ARE SINCERELY SORRY FOR HIS PASSING.

willowtib

seriously - I don't want to see that.

have some class. the man is dead. let his family mourn.

i know i'm part of the reason that papparazzi stalks celebrities. i read TMZ everyday, but there should be some sense of propriety. Health Ledger was an actor, his family is not. This memorial service was for his family and friends. You shouldn't have been there. It's different than reporting on his autopsy, or his life.

I'm disappointed in your choice to cover this

YOU SUCK A$$

HEY GUYS, DID YOU MANAGE TO GET A COFFIN CAM GOING?
YOU SHAMELESS VULTURES!

The Sovereignty of TMZ Whores

You guys really suck! Horrible for his family!

jackieee

Rest In Peace, I will never forget You :( Goodbye Heath .. :(

Sunny

Posted at 5:27PM on Jan 25th 2008 by Your Conscience

SOUNDS LIKE THE BITTER WORDS OF A FAILED ACTOR

lolainchesaway

I sincerely hope that someday when any of those people there like the paparazzi have a loved one die that they don't
have someone laugh like they did in this clip. Come on someone passed away and suddenly at that have some class on some respect. Human beings have the capability for compassion and I hope that someday these people will learn what that means and put that before the all mighty dollar. R.I.P. H.L.

cry baby

'WHEN WILL THE TEARS STOP" IS INSANE. THAT'S RIDICULOUS, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE GUY. MORON.

me in nyc

..........sick paparazzi freaks.........".wow,how much more money can we make off of him"..........i knew him---he would have hated this, but he wouldn't have been surprised............rest easy my friend.......you'll be in my heart for all time.

that.is.all

10, I agree, Lori, stupid lame freaks posting first, especially on a story such as this.

RIP Heath

You will be missed

teresa

Horrified by the lack of decorum. What was the joke? You should have been able to hear a pin drop. It should have been that quiet & solemn. What must Australia think of America looking at this? Disgusting. Heath you are now in a wonderful peaceful place for eternity.

Uh huh

35. 'One of the greatest actors of this past decade? Eh, I don't think I'd go that far'.

Posted at 5:27PM on Jan 25th 2008 by Your Conscience

SOUNDS LIKE THE BITTER WORDS OF A FAILED ACTOR

Posted at 5:30PM on Jan 25th 2008 by Malibu

"sounds like the bitter words of a failed actor"?

Please explain the logic in that. The guy wasn't GOD for freak's sake! And no, Britney, he wasn't the beginning and ending of all actors.

Twit.

Anna

why don't the media give it a rest now?..his poor family, let him RIP

HeDeservedMore

While it is true that his many fans did not know him personally, he was one, if not the most, gracious actor letting us have a peek at the sweet, sensitive guy he was. He didn't have to. He could have been a total @ss about it. While i am a fan of his movies, I mourn the loss of a really special person. R.I.P. Heath! I know you will be your Matilda's guardian angel now.