Public and Media Swarm as Heath is Moved

1/25/2008 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a crush of spectators, photographers and video cameras, the body of Heath Ledger was moved from the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel in New York -- in an outpouring of curiosity and grief reminiscent of the deaths of John Lennon and Marilyn Monroe.

TMZ is told that Ledger's father is in New York, but he was not seen at the funeral parlor today. There are reports of a private service for Heath in L.A. this weekend. Ledger will be buried in Perth, Australia.

abbi's mom

Pest in Peace Heath, You are my favorite actor. You will be missed. My Sympathies to family friends

RONNIE

I thik it is cool that the media kept his departure from the funeral home secret until after his body was moved.Only TMZ has shown this footage.Hopefully those bastards from that Kansas chuch who were going to protest Heath's funeral died on the way there.

Speaking of bastards,those photograpers who were at the funeral taping or taking pictures were laughing the whole time should be LYNCHED for their rude behavior.

Wasn't this guy a pimp ??

Apparently - YOUR CONSCIENCE , THE POSTER TROLLING THESE BOARDS WITH POSTS OF ANGER AND HATE , has never experienced death , or felt loss .
Just some angry out of work actor , jealous of all the outpouring of love for Heath .
Or maybe it's a 14 year old kid who is getting a kick out of trying to anger and taunt others on here expressing their own grief through words.
Whatever you are , your own conscience needs one hell of a lot of work .If you arecapable of such hate toward acts and words of kindness , go get help , meds , something because eventually that hate will turn into something a lot more serious .

M in Bermuda

I have to agree with - :when will the tears stop ?"

When you hear of such a loss you wish you could of made a difference in their life or as you stated to have a cup of coffee with. Hearing that he had such a hard time sleeping, sounds like he needed a true hug and not the kind from skanky washed up actresses or starving models.

Edna St. Vincent Millay:
My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!

Bradblowsgeorge

when will the tears stop................

I completely loved your comment. I know these are coming from someone with a heavy heart, over such a tragic loss. I enjoyed reading it, and I hope it gave you the comfort you need regarding his passing. I too, am so sorry for his family. It is the one's left behind, without answers to their questions, who hurt the most. I just feel that with his pnuemonia, perhaps a sleeping pill shut down his repiratory system. Or a combination of several drugs. I believe is was accidental, and hate it that all these sites speculate on how he died. We will learn eventually, but for now, it is a sad thing to see someone so young passing. I am glad his family is shipping his body by plane to Australia for burial. That is why his casket is in the crate or box. He was a very good actor,and I will forever remember his move A Knight's Tale....I loved it, and loved The Patriot. Rest in Peace Heath, and I Bless his family...............

Uh huh

7. Besides Lucille Ball , Princess Diana and John F. Kennedy Jr's deaths , this is one actor's death that I cannot stop feeling so bad for .
I wish I knew him , I wish I could have shared a cup of coffee with him , I wish I could have made him laugh with one of my many utterly stupid jokes , I wish I bought toys for his daughter , I wish I filled his apartment with furniture to make it feel like a home for him , I wish , I wish ... not because he was such a talented actor , but because he is someone whom we as the public only really got to know , sadly AFTER he left us . What a sweet gentle soul .
So far I have yet to witness one person who really knew him or worked with him say anything bad about him , or recall a negative incident experienced with him .
I cannot even begin to imagine what Michelle is feeling .
As human behavior dictates , she is more than likely beyond deep in her grief , add in the compounded feelings of guilt . She should not be guilty in any way though .She gave Heath a happiness that resonated within the core of his soul. She gave him Matilda. I could see their sincere and genuine happiness and love radiating for one another at the Oscars . She wore that gorgeous yellow dress and looked like a princess, Heath was so proud and she looked at him in the way a woman looks at a man she adores and when she feels so loved , cherished and protected in return. I felt envious , yet happy for her .Because that kind of genuine love is so rare , and they found it with one another .
But all the what if's began to wreck havoc on your psyche. I would not trade places with her at this horrific time , because that type of pain is insurmountable .

Time will eventually lessen the pain if only a little and thank God she has one hell of a support group now- in addition to her friends and family , she now can add Jake , Maggie and Heath's family to that support group , will rally around her and that beautiful baby that was everything in the world to Heath and they will protect Michelle and Matlida and bathe them in the love they will so desperately need in the times ahead .
I'm hugging you now Michelle , I'm hugging that baby , and I'm hugging everyone whom has been touched by Heath and his gentleness and are in the depths of hell in their grief trying to make sense of this sudden huge void.
I am so very sorry ...

Posted at 5:21PM on Jan 25th 2008 by when will the tears stop ?

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow Britney nice speech there. Lucille Ball, Princess Diana...and HEATH LEDGER???

I'm sorry, but...no.

Now get to rehab with thee!

LIFE IS LIFE

I NEED MORE NEWS ABOUT Britney Spears'

whynot

I am sooooo sick of idiots claiming FIRST!! on here. Although that places 2nd to the asses that are FRIST!!!!!

e

Shame on you TMZ for using these photos and having your employees outside his child's home and the funeral home. God have mercy on the people who made the decision to do this. I will no longer go to this site.

Colo.Girl

This is just heartbreaking...

nacho

#7, I am with you. I am not a famous person but I feel very sad for his family. It's very obvious that they loved him dearly. I feel especially bad for his young daughter who will probably not remember her loving daddy. I believe this was an accidental overdose of medications. If they looked in my house they would probably find more than 5 prescriptions as well, but I'm not famous and no one would care. But it's media sensationalism at it's finest. I hope he can rest in peace.

cry baby

A CUP OF COFFEE?????? HOW RIDICULOUS.

belle

Isn't ANYTHING kept private anymore? How sad for the family...let them mourn in peace! RIP Heath.

just a thought

HE CAN FINALLY GO HOME TO AUSTAILIA AND REST, AMEN RIP ...THE BOXES ARE FOR SHIPPING DUMB ASS..

Amy

I think that it is very sad that you would post these photos on your website. The family asked for a l little peace - instead they ar bombarded with photograpers and spectators. You should be ashamed of yourselves for posted these very private pictures on your website.....