Public and Media Swarm as Heath is Moved

1/25/2008 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a crush of spectators, photographers and video cameras, the body of Heath Ledger was moved from the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel in New York -- in an outpouring of curiosity and grief reminiscent of the deaths of John Lennon and Marilyn Monroe.

TMZ is told that Ledger's father is in New York, but he was not seen at the funeral parlor today. There are reports of a private service for Heath in L.A. this weekend. Ledger will be buried in Perth, Australia.

Sarah

This is so sad. Rest in peace Heath. You will be missed

cry baby

"BRAGGING" ABOUT THE DRUGS IN YOUR MEDICINE CABINET IS JUST PLAIN STUPID.

moxy

I never heard of the guy until he croaked. If its drugs--I have no sympathy.

hil

Why were people laughing? That was just sick and disrespectful. Heath my heart goes out to your daughter, family and friends. I wish this was just a nightmere and not real. RIP, you will truly be missed by all.

cry baby

WHO DOES'NT KNOW THAT THE BOX IS FOR SHIPPING????? NO NEED TO ELL ANYONE, JERK.

anonymous

Just finished watching "Brokeback Mountain". What an amazing performance. I can't even put into words how great he is in that movie. At once tough, deep, sensitive and your heart breaks for the character of Ennis Del Mar. I wish He'd had the chance in real life to have nice talks with his daughter as a teenager. I wish so many things for him and all the other people who die so young. By the way, there was no need to film the scene at the funeral home, shame on you TMZ.

buzzbomber

A memorial service is scheduled for Sunday, 6pm at the Scientology Celebrity Centre, Sunset Blvd., LA. It is not open to the public.

That's classy

What amazes me is even Perez has put a stop to posting pics/videos of the Heath stuff. He isn't posting pics of memorial services and mourners (the real ones, not fake a-holes taking pics of caskets like it's a tourist stop). So, does that mean Perez has more class than TMZ? That Perez has more tact than.....anyone...stuns me. You suck for showing things like this TMZ.

Wasn't this guy a pimp ??

Traci , sweetheart ... sounds like you need a hug to wash away all your nasty comments and misplaced anger ...
Poor poor little hater traci , oh wait , your conscience , no wait , how many other names have you used to make yourself look like several people commenting hate , when it's so obvious that it is the same person , hiding behing many names ?
A little split personality going on there sweetie ?

ChanelShades

I think this is going WAY too far. Let the family have some breathing room and time to mourn. We do not need this "in depth" of a look. The paps need to realize their boundaries and exercise them. It is pathetic that Heath's loved ones cannot go anywhere with out cameras flashing in their face at this difficult time. Heath cannot even be laid to rest without cameras flashing and that is EXACTLY what he DIDN'T want in his life. Have some respect!!!!!

M in Bermuda

traci + empathy = person

traci - empathy = traci

just a thought

hey 59 looks like #3 doesn't know what boxes are for..

nyc

It's so sad, but I don't understand why this is getting so much coverage.

Isabella

TRULY DISGUSTING.. SICK.. THE MEDIA SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.. R.I.P. HEATH.

Weirdenstein

I'm sooooooo sick of the word 'sad'. Let's inject some originality to this condolence orgy!