Public and Media Swarm as Heath is Moved

1/25/2008 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a crush of spectators, photographers and video cameras, the body of Heath Ledger was moved from the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel in New York -- in an outpouring of curiosity and grief reminiscent of the deaths of John Lennon and Marilyn Monroe.

TMZ is told that Ledger's father is in New York, but he was not seen at the funeral parlor today. There are reports of a private service for Heath in L.A. this weekend. Ledger will be buried in Perth, Australia.

Lisa

Do the photographers realize that they are taking pictures of a box?

devilgirl

Take this awful video down, you vultures! Look at you, swarming around the body of a very private man. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Let them grieve in peace and privacy.

To Heath's family, Michelle, and Matilda: rest assured the true fans of beloved Heath don't want this and don't want to remember him this way. Just know that you have our respect and our sympathies.

angel

MAY GOD HOLD YOU IN HEAVEN AND ALL YOUR WORRY'S BE OVER HEATH. GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL. GOD BLESS YOUR LITTLE GIRL, YOUR FAMILY, FRIEND'S AND ALL WHO LOVED YOU. WE WILL MISS YOUR SWEET SPIRIT. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.

just a thought

WELL SAID #70

LIFE IS LIFE

Lisa... lol lol

nicky

my prayers are with the family..this is so sad

splash

when will the tears stop ?, i feel the same way, i couldnt have said it any better. my heart hurts for them.

Kelli

68 is funny!

Cammie

Rest in Peace, beautiful "old soul" Heath Ledger!

Although I can imagine his soul would have preferred to remain in physical form a little while longer on behalf of his young daughter, everything is MIND and he is an observer of what is presently occurring in ways that most of us cannot comprehend. His bright light (soul) has not been extinguished but glows brightly in surrounding dimensions which most will not tap into during this lifetime. Be assured he is surrounded by the most indescribable sweet nectar!

It is for us to observe and (learn from everything) we have heard during the last few days since the shocking news of his transition from the physical body. One lesson - the physical body is precious. Second lesson - only take pharmaceutical drugs as an absolute last resort and become aware of taking care of one's physical body through adequate rest, meditation, physical exercise, and healthy diet.

Blessings to the family of Heath Ledger, Matilda and Michelle Williams!

Jane

If anyone is at or near the funeral and the anti-gay weirdo minister, or whatever he considers himself shows up, please stop this head case from ruining his Hollwyood memorial.

Wasn't this guy a pimp ??

Excellent post Mary .

She looks like hell

I knew the pathetic photographers couldn't leave well enough alone and they would never let this process take place without a crush of their morbid curiousity and stupidity. How would you feel if that was your child, the father of your little girl, your little brother? I've never understood the fascination and obsession with watching and leering at a body being moved/removed/transported. Something just tells me that the family will be very relieved to be burying him in Perth. From the people I know who live there, this family won't be hounded.

I agree with what one poster said. I would have loved to have shared a cup of coffee with him. He seemed like the kid of guy who didn't take his fame too seriously and just wanted to be 'normal'. What is so sad is that the rigorous schedule he kept gave him insomnia, something that appears ultimately contributed to his demise.

I wish nothing but peace for his family and may he rest in peace without the sickening vultures torturing his family through this PRIVATE process.

Forever a fan of Heath~

7. Besides Lucille Ball , Princess Diana and John F. Kennedy Jr's deaths , this is one actor's death that I cannot stop feeling so bad for .
I wish I knew him , I wish I could have shared a cup of coffee with him , I wish I could have made him laugh with one of my many utterly stupid jokes , I wish I bought toys for his daughter , I wish I filled his apartment with furniture to make it feel like a home for him , I wish , I wish ... not because he was such a talented actor , but because he is someone whom we as the public only really got to know , sadly AFTER he left us . What a sweet gentle soul .
So far I have yet to witness one person who really knew him or worked with him say anything bad about him , or recall a negative incident experienced with him .
I cannot even begin to imagine what Michelle is feeling .
As human behavior dictates , she is more than likely beyond deep in her grief , add in the compounded feelings of guilt . She should not be guilty in any way though .She gave Heath a happiness that resonated within the core of his soul. She gave him Matilda. I could see their sincere and genuine happiness and love radiating for one another at the Oscars . She wore that gorgeous yellow dress and looked like a princess, Heath was so proud and she looked at him in the way a woman looks at a man she adores and when she feels so loved , cherished and protected in return. I felt envious , yet happy for her .Because that kind of genuine love is so rare , and they found it with one another .
But all the what if's began to wreck havoc on your psyche. I would not trade places with her at this horrific time , because that type of pain is insurmountable .

Time will eventually lessen the pain if only a little and thank God she has one hell of a support group now- in addition to her friends and family , she now can add Jake , Maggie and Heath's family to that support group , will rally around her and that beautiful baby that was everything in the world to Heath and they will protect Michelle and Matlida and bathe them in the love they will so desperately need in the times ahead .
I'm hugging you now Michelle , I'm hugging that baby , and I'm hugging everyone whom has been touched by Heath and his gentleness and are in the depths of hell in their grief trying to make sense of this sudden huge void.
I am so very sorry ...

Posted at 5:21PM on Jan 25th 2008 by when will the tears stop ?

Well said, I feel the same way. My heart breaks at this loss. I have not been able to stop thinking of him and praying for him, matilda, michelle and his family.

I did not know him, but I loved him and how he was a private and proud man. He will forever be missed!
It is a shame, my prayers go out to him and his family!
Rest In Peace Heath!

curious?

Only in America! This is the most disrespectful violation there is. This is stomach churning to see this father, son and brother being treated like a piece of common garbage. TMZ should excercise some class and remove this awful footage. For all those idiots who actually take the time to write something awful, what gives? Are you guys for real. this is not the time; use some decorum. RIP Heath I enjoyed your movies.

me

i dont understand the comment about the comparison of john lennon and mariyln monroe, almost a bit disturbing actually. its like, hollywood needs this sort of ominous legend around...to boost mystery and intrigue...especially since the newest batman movie will be eerily out this summer...seems jack nicholson 'warned him'...
im not saying my opinion matters, and i do feel bad for his friends family, and fans...obvioulsy he moved hundreds of fans too!
it just makes me wonder...