Public and Media Swarm as Heath is Moved

1/25/2008 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a crush of spectators, photographers and video cameras, the body of Heath Ledger was moved from the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel in New York -- in an outpouring of curiosity and grief reminiscent of the deaths of John Lennon and Marilyn Monroe.

TMZ is told that Ledger's father is in New York, but he was not seen at the funeral parlor today. There are reports of a private service for Heath in L.A. this weekend. Ledger will be buried in Perth, Australia.

noitall

TWO WORDS................... BEYOND DISRESPECTFUL !!!

lotta

Very disresepctful! What is up with the laughter? I am ashamed of myself for actually watching the video.

RuteliaMari

r.i.p.

Mary

Remove the video TMZ. Shame on you!

Molicious

It's disheartening to know that a good man and father was taken from the world just becuase he wanted to sleep. However actually crackheads like Britney Spears openly show their addictions and periods of tweaking to the public and welcome the attention. I pray for him, his family, his baby girl, and Michelle. Sleep now and rest in peace!

that.is.all

78 Mary

TAKE YOUR MEDS GIRLFRIEND

that.is.all

Lola

I am ashamed of you too.

ANON

Shame on those people. Is there no decency left. How dare they laugh and make jokes. Give that family some privacy to grieve.

Nicky

When u go in to bee famous....Sadly the press goes with you and follow you.....They feel they know him through his moves...and need to see this...Very sad when his family want it all to be private and want to come to terms of the happenings over the ast days......Why cant the press look at how many people die fightingfor our contrys uk canada and America do they get all this press? NOOO why cant they leave this poor man to rest in peace and give the family ome respect PLEASE!!!

.:Loki 4Ever:.

SOMEONE HAD ASKED "WHATS WITH THE BOXES".. I USE TO WORK FOR THE AIRLINES, ITS USED TO SHIP/FLY THE BODY TO AUSTRALIA. I COULD ONLY IMAGINE TO KEEP GAWKING PHOTOGS FROM THE ACTUAL CASKET ITSELF ALSO.

GRANTED THESE GUYS ARE COMPLETE LOSERS FOR UPLOADING THIS VIDEO, BUT I SERIOUSLY DOUBT MICHELLE OR HEATHS FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE EVEN CONCERNED ABOUT TMZ OR THE NEWS. I'M SURE THEY ARE TOO BUSY MOURNING TO CARE ABOUT THE OUTSIDE WORLD, AND WHAT WE ALL THINK.

GOD BLESS YOU HEATH, THIS IS SUCH A TRAGIC LOSS, AND I'M STILL IN SHOCK.

Adrienne

95. Anyone in LA that would like to attend a memorial service for Heath can call (323)953-3206 for information. I understand that reservations can be made but seating is limited. Good luck!

Posted at 6:27PM on Jan 25th 2008 by moviebuff
------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on now, this is a church number, it's not nice to say that

Mia

TMZ HOW COULD YOU!
This made me physically sick to my stomach.
I refuse to watch.
To condone and fuel the behaviour of the media..
The body in that box is of a father,son,brother,artist and lover. Though his soul has left this world, to provide these images of a private moment is irresponsible and inhumane. I do not know how the staff of TMZ can sleep at night or have any pride in both their work and moral fibre. To violate this reserved moment for family and friends...I am ashamed to be a part of this society. R.I.P Heath Ledger- Australia will miss the feeling of pride felt when we watched you work and represent us.

rachel

People DIE!

Get OVER IT!

We are all going to DIE!

YOU are going to DIE!

So Heath Ledger died. GET OVER IT!

christy

it is very sad to see this happen to such a wonderfull person who was a idol for many around the world...he will be deeply missed and loved forever. but he will always be here in matlida.. she is apart of him and for his honor i think we should let the family grieve in private...and just keep the memory of him alive and what he has accomplished in his short but honored life for the sake of his daughter and family. it is very hard to let someone who was so loved go. but he needs to rest with the angels and sleep with peace.. he lives forever in the hearts of everyone who loves him as a actor,son, brother and a father. R.I.P heath ledger

jokeypo

To the Late Mr. Ledger, what a terrific actor you were. I don't understand untimely death in general, but when it is your time to go, that's it. I lost a sister very young to Cancer. She also left very young children in this world. I don't care for some of the actors today. Heath was an acception to the rule. His performance in Brokeback Mountain was a masterpiece.
RIP