A Week in the Thirty Mile Zone 1/20 - 1/26

1/26/2008 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It was a rare, rain-soaked week in the Thirty Mile Zone, marked by the passing of a well-respected young father, son, and actor -- Heath Ledger.

Meanwhile in the zone, Kiefer Sutherland got out of jail, John Mayer went to a Hannah Montana concert, Serena Williams executed a tennis ball, Pharrell attended a Jewish wedding, Jackie Stallone sent in the clowns, Bill Clinton befriended "the gays," and Amy Winehouse finally went to rehab. Amen.

Need a reminder of times past? Check out the best shots from two weeks ago.

Bobbie

So sad. Rest in peace.

Alan

This talented actor would have had very future....
Have a good sleep Heath!

I love it!

RIP Heath...

Thank Goodness Wino....

Don't really care about the rest...Third!

yazzie

Iam very sorry for all who loved this man and all who enjoyed his acting skills. This is sad. WHY? God Bless All.

Party 'till you die!

That one picture pretty much says it for the week! Why bother with the other stuff.

Christi

What a sad week... and not because Heath was some legend of an actor but because of the real tragedy here- a 2 year old little girl won't know her dad. Yeah, 2 years is at least something but how many of us truly remember things prior to age 2??? My heart breaks for Matilda who, I'm sure, would have rather had her dad than his legacy or money. As a mom I can't imagine a worse fate than to die before teaching your children everything you have to teach... and seeing everything they will become. For Matilda and Heath, my heart is full of sorrow. May Heath's family and Matilda's mom make sure that Matilda knows of him as wholly as possible and my heartfelt sorrow goes to his family and friends-- he was too young.

Christi (mother of 2 sons, 12 years old and 2 months old)

Party 'till you die!

A kind face and I think his true one!

dee

RIP sweet Heath!

FlBiker

I blame the Scientologists.

Shelley

Can't believe he passed away. Sad news.

Shelley from SuTree

Party 'till you die!

Not to slight Heath's death, but speaking of Scientolotards, look up 'Anonymous' on YouTube! Someone's not going to be playing nice with them! :-)

sea salt

r.i.p. lad!

anonymous

MTV INTERVIEW WITH JACK NICHOLSON ABOUT HL PLAYING JOKER:

MTV: What do you think of another actor, Heath Ledger, playing the Joker in next summer's

"The Dark Knight"?

Nicholson: Let me be the way I'm not in interviews. I'm furious. I'm furious. [He laughs.]

They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that! Nobody ever asked

me.

MTV: It was never brought up?

Nicholson: No. It's like, in any area, you can't believe the reasons things do or don't

happen. Not asking me how to do the sequel is that kind of thing. Maybe it's not a mistake.

Maybe it was the right thing, but to be candid, I'm furious.

MTV: I'm surprised to hear you sounding competitive about a role like that.

Nicholson: Well, the Joker comes from my childhood. That's how I got involved with it in

the first place. It's a part I always thought I should play.

(What do you think of Jack's controversial Joker comments? Tell us at the MTV Movies Blog!)

MTV: Will you see the new film?

Nicholson: I'm not inclined to watch it because of what I said. But if it's a good movie,

I'll catch up with it somewhere. I don't think they ever really captured Tim Burton's

spirit [since he stopped being involved]. They kind of drove the franchise into the ground.

Tim Burton's a genius. He had the right take on it. That's why I did the movie. I did the

movie based on a single conversation with him. We both come from the cartoon world

originally. We had similar ideas. Tim said [the Joker] should have a humorous dark side to

him. [Burton is] one of the great moviemakers. I think the world of him. He's the most

unassuming man. And he doesn't feel pressure. That's what I love about him. Once he's in

there, he's smiling making the movie.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Live well, laugh often, love much.........the phrase optimizes Heath Ledgers short but very full life.

He was a humble and modest man that refused to let stardom inflate his head and ego; instead choosing to try and live a quiet life outside the shadow of Hollywood.

I always loved how awkward he was during interviews for it showed what a humble man he was.
And, I have always admired his down to earth and grounded personality. A crying shame the papparazzi tried to attack his character by releasing false claims he was a depressed drug addict; which is a total lie and fabrication.

Good bye sweet prince. You will be sorely missed on the big screen and by your fans, friends, and family!!

Michelle

He was a brilliant and talented actor who had so much more to give. He was deeply loved by his family, and a beautiful little girl will not know the father who loved her so. It is so sad. But he leaves a legacy of love and respect--he was so refreshing in this world of trash celebrities--people with no talent, but make sure the cameras are always on them. In his 28 years, he will long be remembered and respected and will have touched more lives than these trash celebrities, even if they live long lives. (which is doubtful).

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments