Christian Brando Dies

1/26/2008 7:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Brando Marlon Brando's oldest son, Christian Brando, died early this morning at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles, David Seeley, a lawyer for Marlon Brando's estate confirmed to the AP. He was 49.

Brando had been in the ICU since January 11 for pneumonia.

Seeley said the family had no funeral plans yet, adding, "This is a sad and difficult time for the family."

Christian had a minor roles in a few movies, but his real life was far more compelling; he went to prison for voluntary manslaughter in the death of his half-sister's boyfriend, Dag Drollet. He also was accused by Robert Blake's defense attorneys of having a role in Bonnie Lee Bakley's murder. Bonnie had originally named Brando as the father of her child with Blake.

Sources tell us that Brando had most recently been working in construction under a pseudonym.

Seeley said Brando was unmarried at the time of his death and had no children.

Mariah

All I knew of him were the scandals, but this picture pretty much says it all. It looks like he doesn't know if he should smile or not. Or if he's thinking, great, more cameras. His eyes just look empty and sad. Marlon Brando had no business having kids.

Mariah

Does anyone know how many other kids Marlon Brando had? They used the word "eldest" son indicating obviously more than one??

Happy To Be Me

My heart goes out to him and his family, Rest in Peace Christian. Life was not kind to you, you are in a better place, resting with the angels, I'm sure. Anyone who'd go to bat for his sister, protecting her, is a person I respect and admire. What a difficult time for the remaining family, I'm sorry for your losses May God bless you, and may you find peace in your solace.

Happy To Be Me

23. Did he leave a confession stating that he killed Bonny Lee Bakley (Robert Blake's wife)?

Posted at 6:22PM on Jan 26th 2008 by JuicyGirl

Go back to kindergarten, stupid girl.

who dat

The world is a better place with this dirtbag gone. Even Janet Charelston beat you guys to this story and she is usually about 3 days behind on her postings.. You guys are slacking.

Baseball Junkie

Medical fact: Yes, there are more virulent, broad-spectrum antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria going around (most pneumonia is caused by a virus but there is a vaccine) but the terrorists have nothing to do with it. We're breeding them ourselves by prescribing those same broad-range antibiotics for everything from a hang-nail to a common cold. In most cases, lots of fluids and plenty of sleep will heal just fine. Obviously there are exceptions but it sounds like Christian's death may have been iatrogenic. Heath's certainly was.

sassy

# 30 I WONDER THAT MYSELF.

I ALSO WONDER IF CHRISTIN HAD ANY KIDS THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT???

Dixie

R.I.P. Christian. I hope you find peace in death that you could not find in life.

Quiet

#33 it was tmz that first reported his condition on jan 11th when he was hospitalized.. simmer down with who's first or first like tag your it. Hopefully you will post the same about britney spears' death when that dirtbag leaves this planet.

ali

This is a tragedy within a tragedy. The Brando family had some of the saddest stories in life I have ever witnessed with my own life. The grass doesn't look so green on the other side when you look at the life of this family.
My condolences to the family and may the deceased family rest in peace and hopefully find this peace they never seem to have on earth.

sassy

DOESN ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY KIDS HE HAD?????????

I THINK HE HAS A GRANDCHILD BY HIS DAUGHTER. THE ONE WHO KILLED HERSELF.

patty pooh

I FEEL SO SAD ABOUT THIS NEWS. IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS MAN HAD A VERY TOUGH LIFE. I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT IF HE SIMPLY HAD PNEUMONIA THAT AT HIS AGE THEY COULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THAT UNDER CONTROL. I AM NOT INTO BLAMING OUR GOVERNMENT, HOSPITALS, BUT ONE DOES HAVE TO WONDER ABOUT THE STRAIN OF PNEUMONIA THAS SEEMS TO BE GOING AROUND THIS COUNTRY. GOD BLESS THE FAMILY AND LOVED ONES. NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE SLINGING MUD!!!!!!!!!!!! PATTY

PatinNJ

In celebrity-speak, pneumonia=AIDS.

Who really cares about this skunk anyway? Why should anyone say that he should rest in peace?

Mia

A sad end for a sad, complicated man. Marlon Brando had beautiful children. It is unfortunate that destiny dealt them such brief lives. Now they are together again.

Meri

I always liked Christian and felt sorry for him, for all the sorrow in his life.His childhood had to be rough,because Marlon
and Christian's Mom Anna,at that time,did not get along.There was a lot of problems in their marriage and divorce.
I hope Christian is at peace at last.