Heath's Death Could Be Natural Causes

1/27/2008 12:59 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerIt sounds strange, but sources intimately connected with the Heath Ledger investigation tell TMZ it's possible the actor died of natural causes.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

We've also learned authorities do not believe the housekeeper heard Ledger snoring when she walked in his bedroom at around 1:00 PM. Sources tell us, a fireman observed rigor mortis in Ledger's jaw shortly after arriving on scene at around 3:30 PM. Sources say they now believe Ledger was dead for around three hours prior to their arrival, so they don't believe the housekeeper could have heard snoring.

Authorities are also annoyed at news reports that there may have been a sinister plot to remove illegal drugs from Ledger's apartment before cops and firemen arrived. There are reports out there that the masseuse called Mary-Kate Olsen and a plot was hatched to have her bodyguard remove certain drugs. Authorities tell us that's impossible, because the cops were there the entire time the bodyguard was present and there would have been no opportunity to carry out such a plan. They say it's a made up story.

As we first reported, the masseuse contacted the bodyguard because she knew he was a licensed EMT.

pinkness

I hope it was a natural cause, he was a great actor and as said before he deserves his name to be cleared. R.I.P Heath

April Fouels

STUDY THIS, AT SODAMN INSANES' HANGING, ALL FLUIDS LEAVE THE BODY, FLY !!!!!!!!!!

jruiz from nyc

R.I.P HEATH... IS SOOO SAD THAT U LEFT SO YOUNG, THE REASON WHY U LEFT IS BCUZ IT WAS UR TIME TO GO.. GOD BLESS U AND UR FAMILY.... NYC IS GONNA MISSED U....... :(

just me

Looks like drug overdose has been ruled out and it is interesting to note that they have already narrowed down the manner of death to "natural" causes. Although the final toxicology report is not complete, the fact that they are saying that "there wasn't enough drugs in his system to constitute an overdose" is an indication that they have some initial drug test results to base that on. And the fact that they have narrowed down the manner of death to "natural" causes, already ruling out accident, suicide and homicide, is an indication that they have some initial results from the examination of the vital organs and tissue samples that was removed from the body to base that on. Otherwise they would have waited for the final toxicology report to rule out poisoning before categorizing the manner of death as "natural." It may be a week or more until tests on samples removed from the corpse is complete and then another week or two or three until the final autopsy report is finished and a death certificate is issued identifying the immediate and underlying causes of death. But until then we know that the 'manner' of death is not undetermined and not an accident, suicide or homicide. I think it is safe to assume that the medical examiner 'has a clue' and is just waiting for the remaining test results before doing the paperwork.

April Fouels

DR. CYRIL H. WECHT, WILL BE GIVING A DEPODITION, WHEN RESULTS RETURN FROM QUANTICO, VIRGINIA.

April Fouels

TYPO ON DEPOSITION, SORRY.

Adrienne

Posted at 12:42AM on Jan 28th 2008 by just me

------------------------------------------------

Are you the same paid blogger from last night?

A U2 Fan

I don't know Cartman, maybe your family will let us know when YOU DIE if it were YOUR AIDS or just Natural Causes. I think it will come back POSITIVE that it was YOUR AIDS that did YOU in.

just me

499. At the risk of compounding rumor upon rumor with all the guessing (my guess in a previous post included), in addition the dozens of other police source quotes that have been reported, the UK "Daily Star" is quoting a "police source" as saying "it’s starting to look like this was simply a heart attack."

Posted at 12:42AM on Jan 28th 2008 by just me

------------------------------------------------

Are you the same paid blogger from last night?

Posted at 1:16AM on Jan 28th 2008 by Adrienne

I was here last night the same as many nights, but I don't get paid. Tell me how to get paid for doing that. Please!

Justme

Hi Adrienne, I just saw the other just me post, J is me and j is the other. I didn't read any of the comments yet since I just came on but I will be back. Hope you are still on since I really agree with your post.

Mary Worth

Every now and then we hear on the news about a high school, or college kid dying on the track, baseball or football field.

Heath worried me when I saw him so jittery in his interviews. But I assumed, so wrongly, that he was too young to be in deep trouble. I don't know beans about drugs; but I could tell he was under a lot of stress.

Cheyne-Stokes can be silent, except for the moment they expire, and their last breath is expelled.

Tonight, a doctor opined that Heath was already dead before the masseuse arrived. He said it was most likely accidental.

Although I personally don't approve ot that scene in "Brokeback Mountain", that was only one moment. It was the love they had for each other that I focused on. Love is never wasted! Never!

Rest in peace, dear man! My prayers for your relatives, family, friends and fans!

Tonight, on The Screen Actors Guild Awards, Daniel Day-Lewis gave a beautiful acceptance speech, and honored Heath Ledger. Now that would make a beautiful actor like Heath Ledger break into that killer smile of his.

April Fouels

THE CHEF, ON SO. PARK, IS / WAS PORKING CARTMAN.

April Fouels

I KEEP DRAWING YOU IN, AND YOU KEEP FALLING FOR IT, NICE TO SEE YOU CORRECTED FROM PEOPLES CHOICE AWARDS TO SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS SHIZT STAIN

Bren

I believe this to be true. Sometimes you can have the perfect storm with tragic results. I have severe sleep problems, it was news to me when the doctors said that after I went days without sleep I developed sleep apnea. That I stopped breathing because of lack of sleep. If Heath had respirtory illness this would labor his breathing, the sleeping pills would also labor his breathing, then the lack of sleep would stop his breathing, thus stopping his heart. My prayers are that his soul is at peace and that his family will somehow find solice and comfort in knowing they raised a wonderful son. They allowed all of us to share his love and talent and we are so grateful for the time we had with him. God Bless Heath and all who loved him.
Bren

dromache

Its true Heath was a wonderful talented actor. He just like everyone else is placed on this planet in this time to serve a purpose though no one really knows that particular purpose. Once this purpose is fulfilled then we pass on. Upon his judgment day he will know his purpose for being as all of us. His death is not an end but a beginning to something else. Soon he will be home if not already. I believe the best thing public can do is respect his families wishes and leave them alone to morn the loss. And for the Westboro Baptist church and others who feel that Heath Ledger will burn in hell for his role as a gay cowboy in Brokeback mountain, if they cleaned their closets out they will find that they will also burn in hell for their skeletons hiding there. Heaven is there Hell is Here!

Heath Ledger, may your final journey home be bitter sweet where you now can rest for eternity!

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments