Heath's Death Could Be Natural Causes

1/27/2008 12:59 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath LedgerIt sounds strange, but sources intimately connected with the Heath Ledger investigation tell TMZ it's possible the actor died of natural causes.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

We've also learned authorities do not believe the housekeeper heard Ledger snoring when she walked in his bedroom at around 1:00 PM. Sources tell us, a fireman observed rigor mortis in Ledger's jaw shortly after arriving on scene at around 3:30 PM. Sources say they now believe Ledger was dead for around three hours prior to their arrival, so they don't believe the housekeeper could have heard snoring.

Authorities are also annoyed at news reports that there may have been a sinister plot to remove illegal drugs from Ledger's apartment before cops and firemen arrived. There are reports out there that the masseuse called Mary-Kate Olsen and a plot was hatched to have her bodyguard remove certain drugs. Authorities tell us that's impossible, because the cops were there the entire time the bodyguard was present and there would have been no opportunity to carry out such a plan. They say it's a made up story.

As we first reported, the masseuse contacted the bodyguard because she knew he was a licensed EMT.

Outside the box thinker

Whoa! I was JUST talking about this with a friend of mine right before this was posted! my friend still cant understand why the masseuse called MK instead of the paramedics and, I said, even though I dont agree with what she did in any way shape of form, if there was rigormortis in the body when she saw him it would explain why she didnt rush to call 911, especially while engaging in a felnoius activity (practising without a liscense).

Again, I dont agree with her actions but it makes the story a little clearer,

but still truly sad all around!

Rest In Peace, Heathcliff Ledger.

Clinton

NIK, reread the article. OD is NOT yet ruled out, - the "theory" just seems to be leaning away from it. When the actual results DO come out, only THEN can anyone say what the causes were.

mee

I hope his name is cleared and he can rest in peace.

jo

Apparently he was not suffering from pneumonia according to the Insider....

I think we should just wait until the facts come out and regardless of the outcome a talented human being is gone, a daughter without a father, a mother and father without a son, and sisters without a brother...and loved ones without a friend.

God Bless them all and Heath.

deded

jbird = Nobody in human history has been recorded as dying from direct physical effects of LSD. Certainly people have gone crazy and therefore brought about accidental deaths through other means, but LSD itself does not damage the heart or cause toxicity to the body.

I am sorry about your friend, but no he did not die from past LSD use. If he did, this is something unknown and new to medical science.

hollymamaof3

Certain heart problems like congestive heart failure can cause pulmonary enema and someone said he was fighting pneumonia. Maybe some heart condition that was never found because, at his age it is never looked for, could have been the cause. Still such a shame.

Lillianne

People are going to believe what they want to believe.

To Heath's friends and family, my deepest sympathy. Please know that many of his fans mourn his loss and are grateful for the talents he was able to share with us. He was a remarkable young man. May he rest in peace.

Lori

I Have seen 2 young people die suddenly this week. one man 33, and one 40 neither ill, nor smoke. Just had sudden fatal heart attacks and died. It happens. One had a lot of stress, and I do think stress can play an important role. I think he was under stress as well. I think it is more related to his illness than drugs. I hope for his families sake, it is ruled natural causes.

Yuck

Gee No Scandel what on earth will TMZ report on?????????? I know this makes you very sad!!!!
Nanna Nanna boo boo to you!!!!
Now leave this story alone and let the poor man rest in peace and his family deal with this loss in private.

getting irritated

It's amazing to me that anyone is taking this article seriously in the first place! They're still waiting on results, people! There's no,"It's starting to look like...." or any other speculation. Just TMZ making up a bunch more crap to try and convince people they have some "inside" information.
I agree with "Reality"--if you don't have a real story, just post some more nasty pics of the celebs who crave the media attention.

Adrienne

22. Adrienne, you're jumping the gun a little bit. "Natural Causes" is NOT the cause of death, - as of now there IS no "actual" cause of death. It is just the prevailing CURRENT and logical opinion. The actual cause(s) won't be known for a while longer.

Posted at 7:17PM on Jan 26th 2008 by Reread It
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right, I was jumping the gun a bit, I agree completely. I am going to take my own advice and wait for the final autospy results before blasting off. I sure hope it was natural,

Krista

I just want to say that some of you are so cruel. Poor Heath Ledger is dead and all you can post are nasty rumors. Let the poor man rest in peace. He appeared to be a lovely human being and he was certainly talented and a doting father. Do not mar his name and your own charatcter with these vicious comments.

Anon

Please, people, stop this. These stories about drugs, supposition, hearsay, etc., are terrible. Out of respect for this man, his family and loved ones, wait until all of the facts have been deteremined by the experts who are investigating this terrible tragedy.

jo

Let's wait until the facts are in....regardless of how- a great talented human being has lost his life, a daughter her father, a mother and father their son, sisters their brother, and friends a friend.

There is so much being said about an apparent drug problem and his fear of losing Matlida...sources are coming form everywhere making these statements...these so called "friends " are not friends are they?
Even if true it should be kept private....

God Bless Heath and his family.

The insider is reporting that his fanily held a service in Beverly Hills for Heath. If so they managed to keep it private.
Good for them.

Laura

Well she may have heard what she thought was snoring because people who have just expired can make the noise that sounds like snoring but its just the body's last fight to get oxygen. I know that noise and it does sound like snoring. Either way. it's very sad and I feel very badly for his family and friends.