Carol Channing in "Hello, Robbers!" (Again)

1/27/2008 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ's favorite talker, Carol Channing, was in a bank in Palm Desert on Friday when it was robbed. What, no diamonds?

Carol told CBS2, "Well, along with a lot of other people, I've been robbed, we just bought a new house. It's really the first house I've ever had and not a hotel. This is our house, and they robbed us." Um, but she was at a bank. O-kay.

The charming Channing -- who turns 87 this week -- was the victim in a robbery last September, when her famous "diamond dress" from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," was stolen while she was checking into a Hollywood hotel -- right before she was about to donate it to the Smithsonian. It was eventually found and returned by a homeless man.

The Sovereignty of TMZ Whores

it's not geeze, it's jeez. Unless you calling her a geezer. lol

roughdaddy

when i first saw her pic i thought she was dead!!

wkdwmn

African-American? Since when? Carol Channing is white!!!!!!

toomanydoggies

She has wrinkles TMZ. What were you thinking posting her picture on your website?

Kelli

#42. Just wanted to say hey and thank you for all the laughs. Not going to be around, to much to deal with. You told me I should expect better for myself. I am going to take your advice and make some major changes. Gotta get my head in the game here. I've had a blast with you. :)

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

ROUGH DADDY
i don't think you got censored on purpose,your name has been in the "recent comment's" all day,like i said before{under another name because it fit at the time}you are on a role today a very funny role,well to me anyway

Matt Damon

Damn!!!! Shes so Hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

roughdaddy

why cant i say jenna jemeson was under a pseudonym chatting on this site? shell bring legal action vs tmz? i dont get why they keep removing my post...

KT

As far as her race goes, according to Carole Channing, she is one-fourth African-American. You could read "Just Lucky, I guess" her autobiography where it is Revealed that her father was a light skinned African American who used one accent to help "pass" in the white world and another around the house, where he sang gospel music to entertain his daughter.

Now maybe people can stop arguing about that non-issue and start worrying about the welfare of an 87 year old that just got robbed in a bank hold up.

Kelli

Was for Roughie. Try and be funny like oommpa

The Sovereignty of TMZ Whores

YEAH PLEASE DONT REMOVE OUR POSTS - IT'S JUST RUDE...LOL

Jack

whats all this fuss about me . i guess i have a couple of fans tonight...

Jon Bodack

I'm glad the dress was found & returned to it's right owners, The Smithsonian!

Jon Bodack

I'm just glad also that Carol Channing's dress is ok!

just wondering