Brit Shops for Car During Intervention

1/29/2008 5:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes anger surrounding the Britney Spears' intervention, and the anger is directed at one Sam Lutfi, pictured here with Brit and mama Lynne today at Beverly Hills Mercedes.

As TMZ first reported, the family is staging an intervention so Britney can get help for her bipolar disorder. Family sources say they are furious at Lutfi, claiming he pushed Brit into going to B.H. Mercedes today to buy a new car -- in the middle of the effort to save her.

One source says the family believes Lutfi has been a "counterproductive, disquieting force" who has done nothing but harm.

April

#8 I agree...can anyone say Howard Stern?

John

Britney doesn't need a new car. She thinks that buying something will make her feel better. What a joke.

Elle

How long before one of these losers really loses it with this skank and beats the mess out of her?

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

LOOKING AT LUTFI , HE LOOKS LIKE TROUBLE WITH A CAPITAL "T"........

YOU CAN'T TRUST THOSE FOREIGNERS ............

anonymous

This happened a couple of hours ago I guess that's why they took the live stream down oops she wasn't even home...hahahaha jokes on you Harvey.

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

WORTHLESS PIG...

AlecsMom

Britney Spears lives a bizarre and chaotic life. While I think Lufti is nothing more than a leech, neither he nor any Spears family member is responsible for her issues. Britney needs help but doesn't see it that way. She's not crazy, just unstable and irresponsible and emotionally disturbed. She cannot be involuntarily committed for that, unless of course she pulls another car-bashing stunt or tries to interfere with the custody order again.

weezy

Maybe she's leasing a car for her mother.

Denise76

wow! If that cup is filled with coffee it's no wonder she's wacked out.

mickey

first of all, those boots are HOT - not only are they hot b/c you can't even buy them anywhere and they are 1 of a kind, they are still hot!

second, i am despirately hoping that during this time, Sam is not the bad guy, she makes amends w/her family, she gets the help she needs, and stops hanging out w/Adnan. Something tells me that they fought b/c she wanted to see her friend and Sam is actually trying to get her away from him. I'm thinking she dumped him for good last night, and i hope to God she is not pregnant - I think this guy sees how vulnarable she is and it is just as disgusting as watching the paps stake out w/streaming video live of a girl is obviously sick.

i dont find the humor in that...

CK

37. To #1 CK - R u crazy? If u were so righteous you wouldn't even be on the TMZ site reading these articles. Obviously you love gossip and celeb trash or you would be doing something besides blogging. There is nothing worse than hypocrites like you. Go spew ur trash in church or where some idiot will actually belive the crap u spew loser!!

Posted at 4:09PM on Jan 29th 2008 by Krissy

HEY KRISSY, HOW IS ASKING TMZ TO LIVE COMASIONALTELY AND LOVING LY AND HAVIGN SOME CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS CRAP AND HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME A LOSER? I DON'T GO TO CHURCH. I HAVE A GOOD LIFE. I CAN GO OUT AN PARTY EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT MY PRIORITIES ARE FIRST WTH MY FAMILY AND HOW I TREAT OTHERS. WHY ARE YOU SO MAD AT WHAT I SAY? WHAT I SAY IS NOT SELF-SERVING OR SELF RIGHTOUS. I AM NOT PERFECT NOR DO I CLAIM TO BE. I AM USING THIS FORUM AS A WAY TO ASK TMS TO CONSIDER THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING HURT OVER THE DOLLAR THEY MAKE. PLEASE JUSTIFY YOUR HARSH ADN HATEFUL REMARK BY TELLING ME EXACTLY WHAT APRT WAS SELF RIGHTOUS OR HYPOCRITICAL?

adnan?

Maybe she is trying to do something about the car she bought for Adnan!

Terry

I think Lutfi should just back out and mind his own, get a job and just stay out of it. That way no one can blame him when things go wrong.

His calling Walters instead of just backing out was a real bad move. He is way to vested for it to be healthy and frustrated parents will blame the closet thing to their child.

And once again TMZ has printed the words "Britney / BiPolar" They could not know this, no one knows this for a fact

sassy

The Boots are CURSED... BURN THE BOOTS

Bubblebunny

Just look at HER! She is so mixed up! PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! WHatever religion you know-PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY NOW! You guys at TMZ, ESPECIALLY>