Fake Heath Dad Sicko Calls FOX in NY

1/29/2008 4:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A twisted impostor claiming to be Heath Ledger's dad called FOX's New York affiliate looking for info just after the actor's death -- and tried to obtain his ex-girlfriend Naomi Watts' number from the station.

The unnamed caller was taped telling a reporter that Ledger's death was a "mistake" and claimed that Ledger loved daughter Matilda "to bits," among his other fabrications. TMZ spotted Ledger's dad, Kim -- the real one -- today at Heath's SoHo apartment, where he stayed for about an hour and left.

Reports have claimed that the impostor called Tom Cruise and the funeral home where Heath was taken, as well as the cops and medical examiner. Halle Berry's rep says that the fake Kim Ledger did not call Halle, and TMZ has contacted reps for John Travolta and Mel Gibson, who were also said to have been contacted.

linda

when i heard this tape apart from sheer disgust i thought it was english accent and what do we have in our newspapers today? yep english.i hope they find him soon and throw the book at him. he is in the minority of us brits we are not all sick money grabbing wierdos most of us are just so sad at the news of Heaths death. Dont judge us by this 1 freak.

RedFox

Very many thanks for a good work. Nice and useful. Like it!

Gspot

this guy has some guts, how can any one even think of doing such a thing at a time when people are sensitive and are moarnng and greeving.
What a dooooosh!!!

.:Loki 4Ever:.

WOW, WHAT AN A-HOLE!! SOME NERVE

Fred

He's probably someone hoping to sell a phony phone call on the Howard Stern show or something. Unfortunately, there are people out there sick enough to think stuff like this is funny.

Vegas

Come on guys. It was a reporter for some Tab Mag

Renee

What a jerk to fake being the father of a famous actor , have some respect dude! Leave everyone alone, let them grieve over thier loss! Quit lieing that your his father how do you think your making people feel? Do you have mental issues that need to be adressed? My prayers go out to his family and to Matilda! R.I.P. Heath!

Sickened

Holy geez. That is probably the sickest thing I've heard in quite a while. How could anyone even THINK of doing that? And how could the freakin' media fall for it? He couldn't even fake an Australian accent well. Hel-lo. ANd besides, I think if my son suddenly died like that I probably wouldn't be giving interviews to the media for one thing, and for another I REALLY don't think I would be that calm and put together.

People never cease to amaze me. And that's a bad thing.

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

TMZ WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY ?????????????????

YOU ALL ARE WASTING YOUR TIME , ON BRITTANY ...........

SHE HAS NO TALENT , SHE'S HAS NO CLASS ,

SHE'S NOT A PARENT , SHE NEEDS TO BE

FIXED SO SHE CAN'T HAVE CHILDREN ........

EVERYONE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA KNOWS WHERE

SHE LIVES ............HOW CAN YOU BE AT HER HOUSE

IF SHE HAS GATED COMMUNITY????????

ISN'T STALKING AGAINST THE LAW IN CALIF ????????/

WHY DONT YOU JUST SQUIRM YOURSELF TO HER

YARD .................LOL

YOU REALIZE IF YOU DONT STALK HER OR ANY OTHER

CELEB , THEY WILL NO LONGER BECOME POPULAR ........

I WISHED I COULD GET $ 10.00 FOR EACH CAR THAT DRIVES

DOWN THAT ROAD ...............THESE CARS ARE ACTUALLY

FOLLOWING THE PAPPARAZZI .

BRITTANY LOST FAME YEARS AGO .............

windy

dam. what a prick.

WTF

I will bet money (real money) this is some stupid azz, ignorent pap.

that.is.all

Whatever, I say skuzzy up the bus and wash the air off the butterflies. Don't eat bugs but eat sushi only if it's saw the snail when the wind was below sea level.

TheOtherShannon

Why didn't the so-called law trace the call? DUH!

tiff

that is quite obviously a northern english accent. ya ya know ya know.

Just Wondering

What a douche bag!!! I heard Tom Cruise actually believed him!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments