"Moment of Truth" to Catch a Killer?

1/29/2008 2:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A well-placed source tells TMZ that reps for suspected wife killer Drew Peterson have contacted the producers of the new show "Moment of Truth," asking to hookup their client to a lie detector test on national television.

Peterson's fourth wife Stacey has been missing and presumed dead since last October. Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub in March 2004. At the time, her death was ruled accidental, but since Stacey's disappearance, Savio's body was exhumed for forensic examination and officials determined her death to be a "homicide staged to look like an accident."

Stacey's family has continually asked Drew to submit to a lie detector test -- which he has repeatedly refused to do, until now.

Peterson denies any involvement in Stacey's disappearance, insisting she left him for another man.

A FOX spokesperson had no comment.

Cate

"Fooling" a polygraph test is not exactly easy let alone doable. Anyone can keep a cool face and steady voice when lieing, but there are so many other internal functions that begin to fire when confronted with the stress and nerves of a lie. Is this going to be televised? What the hell will happen if he turns out to be lieing? Now thats a reality TV!

Michelle

#26--Numbnuts--a lot of people have been found guilty without a body. And you don't know squat about the evidence or the cases--both murders. At least you are smart enough to realize your name should be numbnuts!

Biker 1957

A "Lie Detector" is just a fancy blood pressure cuff. They can no more tell if you're lying than a nurse can taking your blood pressure. A polygraph is a novelty and a parlor trick, not something any adult would take seriously. The results of the polygraph test come out only one way, the way the polygraphist wants them to. It's junk science. Never take a polygraph test unless you are the one that hires the operator. Sometimes police scoff at results from private operators, but it's a lie detector and the results are 98% infallible, right? LOL

cat b

Lie detectors are just not reliable....
i have blood pressure issues and I bet if they asked my name Id get it wrong...and drew peterson seems like such a sociopathy he be able to say he was the king of france and sail through the test with flying colors...I will admit I think he is very guilty but unfortunately the police work let stacy's family down letting valuable time pass and no one seemed to see about the fact he had his own plane and do the lab testing till he had ample time to get rid of any trace evidence..shame there isnt a flight plan requirement for small aircraft ...no woman with very young children like stacy would simply walk out on two babies she valued more than anything on this earth.

Disgusted

This is a case that involves a Chicago cop. Hey guess what - I live in Chicago and see police corruption all the time.
I guarantee these cops (someone!) knows something and isn't coming forward.

Come on Jody - clean Chicago up. No more corruption!

TROLL SMASHERS

Margret, you just made me think - right after this thing blew up, the chief of the Bollingbrook pd said in a statement that Drew ABUSED several of his cop privileges overtime but would not say what they were or if they were related to the case, now this is clearly an attempt to keep the BBPD out of hot water for allowing him to go on as long as he did, but I'm willing to bet my life that old chiefy knows more than he let on and it might have something to do with the things you mentioned.

I believe all those cops know that body won't ever see the light of day.

What they really need to do is send him in with a hypnotist, one than could take him out of his conscious mind frame and get him answering questions without the sociopath's brainwaves in control....

Davo Davo

"A well placed source" ???? Maybe hook TMZ up to one too???

dangimold

Drew, i know you are reading this..being the narccisist that you are. The world knows you are a COWARD..no one thinks u are clever or attractive ..we think you are a big fat puussyy! A REAL man would at least own up to what he did. Only a coward would act like you do and hide behind your dead wifes skirt because you are a scared little boy. I speak for many..we are laughing at you now..everytime u open your mouth you prove what a wussy u are trying to act like a tough man. What a joke.

Donn

I HAVE BELIEVED FROM THE BEGINNING THAT MR. DREW DID IT. HE IS A COP, AND IF ANYONE COULD GET BY WITH IT HE COULD. HE WOULD KNOW HOW AND THEN HE WOULD KNOW WHERE TO PUT THE BODY. HE IS GUILTY I BELIEVE THAT. HIS WIFE WOULD HAVE COME FORWARD ALL READY......IF NOTHING ELSE TO SEE HER BABIES. THERE ISN'T A MAN IN THE WORLD THAT I WOULD WALK AWAY WITHOUT MY KIDS. SHE IS NO DIFFERENT. I HOPE HE GETS CAUGHT!!!!

Victoria

He doesn't have to take a lie detector test to convince me......I already am of the opinion that he MURDERED Stacy.

What goes around come around you murdering (x's 2) PIG

dangimold

I have a strong suspicion that they cant find her body because there is no body left to find. Thats why his attorney was so confident that the recently discovered remains werent stacey. There is no more Stacey to find. Im so sorry to the family. But, its very possible that he used some kind of acid inside the blue barrel..or some other means to burn or dissolve the remains..he knows better than to leave a body to be discovered. The coward will still get whats coming to him with or without the legal system.

theory #2, Drew is secretly a homosexual..thats why he has so much anger inside and has to kill his wives. No worries Drew, you can get all the butt lovin u want in prison.

WTF- this bastard lives about 4 miles from my home and he is just sick. I passed his home when all the TV crews were out there in the beginning of this...He was out there, as if he was having the time of his life. He showed no compassion for his missing wife and he is old as hell, so I do not know why he was not arrested for having a relationship with this girl when she was 17 YEARS OLD...

HE IS A SICK OLD PREVERT AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN LABELED A SEXUAL PREDITOR!!!

jabba

OMG. He is getting way too much attention. He is wanting another woman. Maybe he will meet MRS. RIGHT, if you can read between the lines. He is just too creepy. Wait till Nancy Grace gets hold of this one!!!!

Julia

Serioulsy this guy makes me physically ill.. He is a media whore who just wants attention and he thinks he has beaten the system. He is disgusting he has children by this woman does he ever for a second stop to think what this kind of behaviour would do to them .. He was alos on a radio show agreeing to go out on a blind date.. OMG who would go out with this man even if he's innocent one dead ex wife one missing no thank you you have a curse.

CK

Wow... let's see if I can come up with an irrelevent post and try to be funny... even though I am not funny. I need to get a life and stop posting but I have no friends, so this is the only real conversation I get to have....