"Moment of Truth" to Catch a Killer?

1/29/2008 2:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A well-placed source tells TMZ that reps for suspected wife killer Drew Peterson have contacted the producers of the new show "Moment of Truth," asking to hookup their client to a lie detector test on national television.

Peterson's fourth wife Stacey has been missing and presumed dead since last October. Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub in March 2004. At the time, her death was ruled accidental, but since Stacey's disappearance, Savio's body was exhumed for forensic examination and officials determined her death to be a "homicide staged to look like an accident."

Stacey's family has continually asked Drew to submit to a lie detector test -- which he has repeatedly refused to do, until now.

Peterson denies any involvement in Stacey's disappearance, insisting she left him for another man.

A FOX spokesperson had no comment.

Seriously

I agree he stinks with guilt. He always has a smirk on his face as if he's thinking
"You'll never find her and you'll never pin it on me!" I can't stand looking at this lowlife.
He killed his 3rd wife and got away with it. I hope he doesn't get away with killing Stacy.

crazyisascrazydoes

Hush you all! He'll hear you!

dangimold

Drew, this is Stacey...Im watching you...and waiting....

dangimold

Have you ever seen a more disgusting looking man in your life? Eww...at least we know he's going to rot in hell. He can hide her from the police..but pigface cant hide from God.

LOKI

This guy is one cool cat...I bet he will pass, no matter what.

He knows how to beat the machine.....he is a veteran cop.

LOKI

hateher

He is one gross looking man,gotta tell it like it is.

dangimold

Drewpy, you can run but you cant hide.

tami

I can't wait for the trial!!

Too bad Illinois won't allow cameras in court.

hateher

You want a date so bad Drew-----come on over,and when you open up for the liplock you can pucker up around my .357 magnum

dangimold

How come they cant remove the children from his custody? ISNT he a threat to their safety? Hes definittely mentally and emotionally damaging them. Has anyone notified CPS? Can we all sign a petition to give the kids to their relatives? Im sure they will be better off anywhere but with him.

dangimold

skip the lie detector test...lets bring back public hangings!!!!! I'll bring the rope.

boringday

Just looking at that guy, never mind his voice, gives me the creeps. I have heard that lie detector tests can't be used against you in court, so the show probably won't hurt him legally, but him being placed in the spotlight is just absolutely morally incorrect and terrible at least in my eyes. To think that he has custody of those kids sends a chill up my spine- how awful for them to have lost their mom and have to live with this crooked cop dad that is probably a murderer and con artist. I hope Karma catches up to him, or that eventually he is tried and justice can be completed. Most of all though I hope the kids remain safe.

arlenepr

Just looking at this guy gives me the creeps. Ugh!

doinou

Fat chance of that happening.

dangimold

It is a well-known fact that sociopaths are really cowards. Whats the matter Drew, did your daddy abuse you? Did your mommy neglect you? Instead of getting help you bullied your own family. You dont even have guilt. But It will catch up to you. Why dont you go jump in the river yourself..with your tail between your legs. It makes us sick to look at ya.
And for the Mims dude, wtf..you knew what was going on..where were your morals? You helped stalk his wives. And now you are trying to profit from it all. Pathetic.