Brit Could Be Involuntary Commitment Candidate

1/31/2008 10:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

LightsAreOnButNobodysHome

I'm so confused...others are reporting that it is much more peaceful than the first time at the psych ward.

Jessica SImpson

OMG y'all, you're making me so emotionable. stop.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

103 edward re bipolarsufferer
i was thinking the exact same thing,on and on and on,seems they might need to vent to their wiccan priestest and get some serenity because they don't seem too serene to me,meds baby meds or you are going to burn baby burn

Sparticus

Like in the movie "the titanic " when the jack said to rose " this is it rose!" It's finally happening , Britney's finaly going down ya!

michelle

Give the girl some room to breathe and lets get rid of all the nonsense about celebrity status. A celebrity today is grist mill for the media tomorrow. Media chews 'em up and spits 'em out and looks for a new celebrity to go after. Because these people have a little bit of talent they become celebrities. Look at a useless person like Paris Hilton....a multimillion dollar heiress with not a brain upstairs. And also no sense of pride and humility.

The Princess

bipolarsufferer you go ahead and talk about your illness as much as you need to if it helps you to cope.

Edward, have you ever studied the Wiccan beliefs? Do you know anything about the rule of three?

If I were Tmz I would watch what I do to people who are down, cuz things have a way of coming back to bite you in the ass and once Britney gets back to good I wouldn't be surprised to see some harrassment lawsuits filed as well as some lawsuits regarding the disclosing of personal medical information.....

lin

Shame on you tmz. Leave that poor girl alone. How dare you pay off hospitol employees to get private and cofidential information. You should all be in jail for this.

La La

#12 'CANDI': I AGREE WITH YOUR POST 150%. IT'S A CHOICE AND THE PEOPLE YOU CHOOSE TO HANG AROUND WITH IS ALSO A CHOICE. BRITNEY DID THIS TO HERSELF. I HAVE KNOW QUITE A FEW BIPOLAR PEOPLE IN MY LIFE TIME AND NONE OF THEM ACT LIKE BRITNEY DOES...EVEN IN THE MANIC STAGE. SHE HAS MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN BEING BIPOLAR...IT'S CALLED: GIMMEMOREATTENTIONITUS

BRITNEY RISKS MANY LIVES THE WAY SHE DRIVES ERRATICALLY AT HIGH SPEEDS. SHE HAS NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS, NOT EVEN FOR HERSELF. WHY SHOULD WE CARE? I SAY, LET THE BITCH SIT IN THE 'FUNNY FARM' INDEFINITELY!!

Erica

The ironic thing about the guys in her life is that Yesterday, Adnan took a very firm stand with Britney and held his ground. He absolutley would not enter her property with Sam there. He feels that Sam is shifty and taking advantage of Britney big time. What has Sam been doing in the last couple of days? Hmmmmm Shopping for laxatives and Mercedes Benz's. Having knock down drag out scream fights with his meal ticket. Arguing with her family and calling Barbara Walters and Harvey Levin planting stories. It seams to me, that out of the two Adnan Cares about Britney the Woman, Sam only cares about his Golden Goose. I really hope for her sake, that she can get healthy real soon. And part of getting healthy is getting rid of all negative baggage.

julia

Give the girl some privacy.

I understand that she is in the spotlight, but when she's undergoing medical treatment to make herself better? Leave the girl alone. She obviously has psychological issues/bipolar disorder, but when the paparazzi are in her face 24/7, it just makes it worse.

Christie

Does the HEPA law not apply to celebrities? It seems like medical information is leaking from these hospitals all the time. Shouldn't they have the same medical privacy as the rest of us? Sure, they're famous but if they're sick shouldn't the people in the hospitals focus on helping patients instead of calling tabloids and giving information?

BTW, Kudos for not having the Heath Ledger video on your site. Thank you for letting the poor guy rest in peace.

purple drank

Britney looks more and more like Rob Zombie by the second. What the hell? In the words of Buckcherry: Hey, you're crazy bitch.

ANGEL4EVER

Britney , take your LITHIUM!

Baseball Junkie

Edward and nobody...,
I didn't even post last night. Haven't posted since the Britney's last 5150. Must be someone else using the name.
BTW, I don't mock your religion. Don't be an a**hole and mock mine. Remember karma.

I hate k fed

if a creep, that ruined my happiness by cheating an openly bragging about using drugs and ho's, took my kids for cash, I would GO CRAZY too.,where is Tom Cruise? Tom, help Britney. She is under stress that no one could begin to understand. She is NOT CRAZY! The situation she finds herself in, is making her CRAZY.