Brit Could Be Involuntary Commitment Candidate

1/31/2008 10:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

ShesNuts

The Paps aren't causing the problem. If they were, every other celeb that gets followed would be doing the same krap she is!

It's good to see they FINALLY got her in a place where she can't harm others, and it looks like it won't be a quick trip!

Pite

The poor girl. I feel so bad for her. I hope she gets the help she needs, gets the right meds, and TAKES them!

I lost my beloved daughter to suicide three years ago because she stopped taking her medication. She jumped from a bridge into the San Francisco Bay. She was nowhere near as sick as Britney, either. That's what always happens. People feel better, so they don't think they need their meds, not realizing that they are feeling better because of the meds. I hope this young woman can be helped, and become a normal, loving mother. Who needs a career? She just needs her kids.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

The above outlines the antipaparazzi laws in California, born from Prinesses Di's tragedy. But, obviously more needs to be done to protect the public at large from the stalkarazzi frenzies!

Chantelle

i feel sorry for her i hope she gets better

KLH

Yes, it does seem intrusive to be learning about private medical situations.

BritSupporter

My heart breaks for Brit. She is obviously mental ill and NONE of this crap is helping her. A bipolar person SHOULD NOT be taking Adderall. Is this prescribed to her? Or is she using it illegally? A bipolar person who takes a STIMULANT..it makes things worse. BRIT...please stay in the hospital....please get better for your boys. They need their mother. God Bless you Brit.

Davo Davo

My question is.........WILL TMZ BUY FLOWERS FOR HER FUNERAL??? They should at least do that. They owe that to her at the VERY least.

mariolbc

I think that everyone should leave her alone. Let Britney live her life without the cameras in her face. She is going through a hard time in life right now ,and no one is giving her the respect she so honestly deserve. Her private space has definitely been avaded come on now peoples get a life of your own

SJ

TO # 33 YES SHE NEED TO AT LEAST "SEE" THE KIDS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD , WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE R U????

RA

HMMMM....and yet Dr. Phil was criticized....such a double standard.

Dumbass in Alabam

If you really want to learn more about conservatorship and the law, involuntary holds, etc., check out http://www.scselfservice.org/probate/adult/lpsconservator.htm

Nuts

this girl is sick.hope she gets proper help before its to late;

Wake Up

TMZ idiots--you might want to tell your imaginary inside sources that "G.D." stands for GRAVELY disabled, not greatly disabled.
You guys are a laugh a minute with all the crap you make up and "report" about.

the lost

How do they know she said any of that? I read that she was calm when they committed her.

Happy To Be Me

Whew, it's about time. The poor gal really needs to stay right where she is, and even though I don't like her, I will still say a prayer for her and her kids. I wanted to share a video with all of you. It's called "It's not Easy Being Britney Spears", I call it, "God Calling Britney, is Anyone Home." Well, here it is..

Maybe you can remember back and can feel what I'm trying to say. The words, I will fix you, are most appropriate at this time. Just so everyone know, I'm not a Britney fan, never have been. I'm just a person who has empathy..:) Enjoy...:)

Previous 15 Comments | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments