Britney's Medical Motorcade

1/31/2008 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

At least ten motorcycle cops, two regular squad cars and handful of autos packed with family and friends made up the fleet of vehicles accompanying Britney's ambulance to UCLA.

Lily

Seriously???? WHY does she need that many people to take her to the hsopital...thats ridiculous. I could understand if it were a hearse carrying her body, but it's not.

LadyIsis' Luck 7

Wow you Californians have alot of resources to waste, huh? Your streets must be crime free, right??

broken

Can you imagine the huge mess and threat to the norms in CA if that ambulance was allowed to drive off w/o a motorcade? Do you think it would actually get anywhere or that it wouldnt have crazy paps driving like fools in front, beside, along it? I personally WANT the motorcade to keep my streets safe from the vultures. Watch some videos on TMZ and tell me if you think these paps are in anyway safe on their own. Sure let them alone and they will get others killed, topple the ambulance and then you would be on here bitching and asking "where is your police California" ...

Lilarose

Britney could have just gotten into any automobile equipped with a steering wheel, gears, brakes, a seat, and gasoline, and ridden to the hospital even with a designated driver.

I think the pol-ice in California are getting paid for all of this drama!

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Where were they when she was racing up and down the roads at all those excessive speeds, as reported by TMZ?

Nowhere to be seen ....

Now all of a sudden, they give her ambulance a motorcade escort to the hospital.

L-O-S-E-R-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broken

I think its a liability issue, someone calls for an ambulance-cant refuse to send on based on who it is from what I understand and then ambulance requests a police escort to get said "package" out of shipping and into delivery destination. What happens or who gets sued if they tell them to piss off and drive without an escort.

MJ

LOL JUST WHAT SHE NEEDS MORE ATTENTION WITH ALL THE COPS AND FLASHING LIGHTS I BET HER NEIGHBORS ARE SICK OF ALL THE MEDIA ATTENTION NEXT THING THEY WILL BE PETITIOING TO GET HER OUT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD MAYBE THEN SHE CAN GO TO AN ANONYMUS ISLAND WITH MEDICAL RESOURCES AND RECOVER IN PRIVATE !

piano

The po-dunks who make the comments like "she could have been driven in any car, blah blah, blah...." obviously have never turned on the tv and seen the complete mayhem that surrounds celebrities when they go ANYWHERE, much less to the hospital. I live 2 blocks from Britney and know how much of a nightmare it is to be driving when the paps are in the neighborhood. They are crazy and put everyone on the road in jeopardy, not just her. The cops who accompany celebrities are mostly about keeping everybody ELSE safe, and I am glad. The paps are vermin and had increased in their dangerous ways 10 fold in the last couple of years (especially since many of them are now from poor countries and don't have a cent to their names).

Old School Fan

I am praying for her and hopeful that this is another step closer to her recovery. I am not a fan of her music, but as a mom and a grandmom, I am wishing her well. Good luck, young lady.

stacie

why does she get that kind of treatment (tons of cops an etc.) look at all the people that need help the same way she does. they sure dont get treated like this.. i know she needs help. but all this attention is plain ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katiekds

all that police escort really necessary to take this girl to the hospital?????come on what a waste of police manpower and money.

JP

I wonder how many people were robbed, shot, raped, or killed in LA during the two hours that those 40 or so LAPD officers were conducting the "critical" mission of getting Britney Spears to the hospital? What a joke. Get this: I work in DC and have seen tons of motorcades. The one that took Britney to the hospital is only SLIGHTLY smaller than the President's motorcade. How messed up is California??

David Seneca

Sara

I've been watching this unfold and at first, had no sympathy for Brit, but the more I watch and hear, the more I begin to feel bad for this young lady. It is clear that she needs help, and someone has fought her getting it. Was it the parents who need her for a meal ticket, or the manager, who needs her for a meal ticket. Kind of reminds you of Anna Nicole doesn't it? Someone who is not dependent on her for their lifestyle needs to step in and be the voice of reason and help this young women get the help she needs.

Cynthia

WHO foots the bill for 7 motorcycle cops, and one police car? The tax payers?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments