Papa Spears Silent at Hospital

1/31/2008 6:31 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney's father, Jamie, was stoic upon arriving at UCLA Medical Center -- and avoided all questions regarding the unfolding drama.

Jamie was exceptionally polite as he asked not to be bothered.

Classicrockgoddess

Her father seems like the only SAIN one in the whole family. Poor guy his eyes look so red

Rhonda

THE ONLY MAN A GIRL CAN RELIE ON IS HER DADDY....

Standards are badly needed.

You go, Dad. It is so apparent how much this man loves his daughter.
He looks haggard and older than his years in photos lately, and I'm
sure the completely self-absorbed pop princess has given zero thought
regarding how this level of stress affects these older people, her
parents. The same goes for her mom. That woman kept Spears on an
even keel throughout her career rise. It's when Spears decided to be
emancipated that all of the problems started. It's ludicrous to blame
the parents. They empowered Spears to achieve what she, herself so
wanted. No one loves their children more than birthparents. Anyone
who points a finger at her parents is simply looking for a scapegoat
and someone else to blame, or they are under the age of 25, and have
not yet realized the concept of self responsibility and personal
accountability.

Sharona

If she has bipolar disorder, then she's NOT a self-absorbed brat - she has a mental illness! Mental illness is a HORRIBLE thing for a family to endure. I know because my mom was schizophrenic, and my 2 adult sons are schizophrenic. Also my 1st cousin and my 2nd cousin. The hospitalizations are a HORRIBLE thing for a family to go through. My heart goes out to ALL of them. Britney too.

T

This is a sad serious situation. I feel for this family because they should be able to deal in private without the cameras and everyone talking crap. No matter what these are two parents who's daughter is in trouble.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2