R. Kelly Sued -- Disorder in the Court!

1/31/2008 4:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

R. Kelly ditched a big gig in Minneapolis because -- miraculously -- he had to show up for a court appearance in Chicago, and now a concert promoter wants his money back, and is trying to haul the elusive R. into an Atlanta court. Good luck with that.
R. Kelly lawsuit
In a suit filed in Atlanta District Court, the Nevada-based promoter Royalty Records (through its associate company Marjani Clothing) alleges Kelly agreed to perform at Target Center on December 6, 2007 with Ne-Yo and Keyshia Cole, among others. Then he moved the show to the 20th ... except on that day, R. got dragged into court in Chicago -- on threat of arrest.

Royalty says in the complaint that Kelly "never intended" to do the show, even though he took a $120,000 fee for it. That's the dollar amount Royalty wants, plus unspecified damages. R. Kelly's lawyer couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

No word on how many decades the case will take to bring to court.

realtalker

This is just another case of some nobody trying to extort from a celebrity. Never heard of this self-promoter. If he can't write up the contract properly then he shouldn't be in the business.

blue pen

It amazes me that this kiddy piddlin freak only has 26 comments yet other stories are running into the hundreds.

realtalker

bluepen, we need your input over at the Sean Lennon story. Only 12 comments there.

Mnhottie

R kelly s a joke he needs to realize that the courts are not to be played with
How is it that he had a concert in minnesota and end up cancelling it due to the weather when really it was because his buses got pulled over by the police in utah. He got caught "SPEEDING" as so called one of his songs. haha ha. Guilty anyone?

He deserves each and every case that he has right now. . . SICK ASS PERVERT!

I guess he is just trying to Scrape up every little penny that he can get before he goes to prison. But in doing so, he stepped on everybody that was insignificant to him.. . . . I guess he doesn't really care about his fans.

TABI CLERKSON ENOH EBEN

Hello
this Tabi from cameroon i just want to getin touch with mr Robert kelly himself for personal disccusions which is not gonna be public please take this serious. I sware it is not going to be any treat of any form i just want him a personal friend as i consider him my best artist amongst all the others.please do me this favore.
God Bless you.
Nb: don't hesitate to give me a repply please .

Raw

Rocky

FIRST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DARK MEAT ONLY

First Bytches Finally....

R. Kelly owe more besides money. He needs to have his stuff remove and placed inside of a mason jar with a tight lid.

Stick

R K is the new O J

ME

The concert promoter should have known better....come on now....It's R. Kelly.....IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares who's first...#2 and #3 learn how to count!!!!!!!!!!

Jizy

Child rapist!
Who would pay money to see him?

DARK MEAT ONLY

R. Kelly has been a consistent concert performer. So, there shouldn't been any concerns that Kelly wouldn't perform.
Also, I do know how to count. I was rehearsing for my next gig, and Diane beat me by 12 seconds maybe,

Ryan

ALL OF YOU "FIRST" IDIOTS ARE FRIGGEN PATHETIC....COME ON, ACT LIKE ADULTS. SO SAD.....

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

I concur #8.

NINTH!!!

sherricheu

String him up, he is a sicko anyway, no big deal.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments