Judge to Sam -- Stay Away from Britney!

2/1/2008 8:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the hearing today has issued a restraining order against Sam Lutfi -- ordering him to stay away from Britney Spears.

The judge found that Lutfi has been harassing Britney. Thus the civil harassment restraining order.

This will effectively bar Lutfi from going to the hospital.

The restraining order is in effect for 22 days, but court observer and uber-attorney Goldie Schon tells TMZ that Brit's folks could turn it into a permanent order at the end of those 22 days.

Story developing ...

Debbie

#118 - I'm right there with you - I've said they need to live stream so we can see him thrown out on his A**

Ryan

Hey DONZI...YOUR NOT FIRST, and stop being friggen childish.......... byatch!!!!

AlwaysHungry

I hope that they uncover all that Sam has done

laurina

They the Lord! Now maybe she has a chance to heal, and better yet survive this crisis! Her family loves her, all she needs is support now and the medical attention that is in full swing. We should all be praying for this girl.

Lena Madrid

we need to see getting kicked out on his bloated drup dealer ass! Home to mom!!!!

lg

Now if we could find a way to get him arrested.

rustysgurl

To those who have said 'where were her parents' - Britney is a legal adult, and seems to have kept them at arms length for quite some time. They could not legally force her to do anything, and it seems to me they were helplessly standing by while she consorted with people like Sam, Adnan, etc. As has been stated previously, it takes some pretty serious evidence to get someone involuntarily committed, and even more serious evidence to get a conservatorship appointed. Her being in the hospital is the best thing for her right now. Now if they could only get her back to Louisiana and away from the leeches who've been hanging on her for so long (and that includes the horde of photographers that have been making her life a living hell). If Britney has been fighting going to LA because she doesn't want to be away from the boys, let Jamie and Lynne bring Kevin and the boys there. Britney has the money to pay for them to live in the area so the boys will be more available to her. If Kevin really cares about his boys having their mother in their lives, he'll bend a little and do what he can to facilitate her wellness. Good luck to all - they're going to need it.

SarahPicolotti

Finally, someone is able to really intervene and help. People who have made fun of her recent situations and calling her names should be ashamed- mental illness is not something to make fun of. Would you make fun of someone who was physically disabled? Some people are so inhumane.

chris

Thank God! Help for Brittaby at last! I was worried this was going to be another Howard K. Stern controlling Anna Nicole Smith tragedy! Lufti you won't get your chance!

Junie T.

I am happy for Britney that she finally has a 3rd party looking out for her that has no financial gain involved. I think it is wonderful that Jamie and the attorney are going to be overseeing her finances for a little while. The psychiatrist needs to look out for her psychiatric affairs. I can't stand Britney's mom and I'm not sure about her dad, so I am really very happy with the outcome. For Sam, I have always felt he has been the only one Britney had to turn to for the last several years (since her mom is a skank), but I have to say, Britney can make her own decisions when she is well. Since other people are looking out for her best interest now...and since those people seem to make sense, I am happy with what's going on. Sam, I don't think you are a leech, but I think given your hostility toward this entire situation that this is best for everyone now.

raven

That is great news for Britney!! Get rid of all the losers who are just wanting her money! I hope they get rid of Adnan. He is a sleazy, ugly, creep who just wants all her money and fame. Get well Britney.

cpr update

I am just so impressed that she was even able to do as well as she did at the MTV award show. To think that this girl struggles to get through each moment with any sort of continuity makes it seem miraculous she was able to show up and do a semi-choreographed routine that took time to prepare. She must have been terrified. And also to think she was able to record a fairly successful album is also impressive. When she can be well, and I hope she really can again be well, she will be able to blow us away with a tremendous comeback if that's what she wants to do. First, I hope she regains a connection with her boys with whom you know she is dying for inside. Such publicized sadness is possible these days. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

chix29

Good for Britney, she needs all the guidance she can get from her parents. The sister on the otherhand eventhough pregnant at 16, is still sane - just made a bad choice of getting pregnant at an early age. I hope she stays sane in this celeb world.

Question - What happens to TMZ when Britney finally gets better?

yvette

116. 74. What about K-FeD's lawyer asking for $500,000 - HELLO ! Are these California Judges BLind and Dum. The mother wants to get a hold of her asset. Britney is being sued left and right. Its terrible how human nature is soooo sinful and destructive agaisnt other living beings . MONEY IS NOT THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL - IT'S HUMAN NATURE WITHOUT RESPONSIBLITY, ETHICS OR MORALS.Posted at 6:17PM on Feb 1st 2008 by yvette

What part of conservatorship do you not understand? That is why there is an independant outside party involved. The third party is well versed in making sure that NO-ONE can take financial advantage of Britney while she is under medical care. her conservators will be held accountable for all of there actions, and you can guarantee that it will be scrutinized carefully.
I also question your morals and ethics if you go so far as to presume to be able to speak with any level of authority as to WHY Britneys parents have stepped in to help. You do not know if her mothers sole motivation is money . This is still her child. Presume, assume whatever you may but that still doesn't make you right. It just makes you as ignorant as everyone else.

Posted at 6:39PM on Feb 1st 2008 by WOW

I understood the conservatorship. I actuall was in a situation where I had to retain guardinship over person and property. The real question is where were the parent. Britney didnt just get into this situation her parents helped.

And your just mad because your feelings were hurt when I stated " MONEY IS NOT THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL - IT'S HUMAN NATURE WITHOUT RESPONSIBLITY, ETHICS OR MORALS." - I maybe its too close tor home as they say.

Now she has a chance to get better, by the way is this like the fourth restraining order against this loser? lol
Hey Loser boy get a job! Stop stalking and harrasing people... Do something with ur miserable life.