Conservators Have Broad Powers

2/1/2008 8:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the hearing did not give the conservators power to make medical decisions on behalf of Britney, but that really is the upshot.

The conservators -- Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet -- can communicate with Brit's doctors and access medical records.

In terms of managing Brit's estate, the function of Wallet -- a respected lawyer who has handled many similar matters -- is to ensure there is an independent voice in the management of her estate, and we're told that's something Jamie and Lynne are down with.

The effect of the order is that Sam Lutfi has, at least temporarily, been shut out of Britney's world. He will not be able to go to her home or the hospital, or have any other contact with her.

AreYouKiddingMe?

For a long time I've been sickened by people calling her a whore or slut and telling her to just die!!!! I've never been a fan of her music, but you can tell she was mentally ill. It wasn't about drugs. Kfed played her and used her, but he got a lot more than he bargined for. I'm glad her parents finally got their mess together to step in. As a parent of a 17 year old daughter, I would be damned if I'm going to let other people do what Lutfi has been doing! I guess those who don't have kids don't understand that, but one day you will.

I hear so much crap about how much was spent to get Brit to the hospital that night..... come on people!!!! How much was it costing to have the cops follow her around to control the Papz? How much resources would it have taken if she had killed herself?? How much resources would it have taken if she had killed someone in her car??? As a tax payer in California, "Thank you" for trying to put an end to it by getting her some help!!!!

What the hell has gotten into people when we can sit around and watch this poor mother, going out of control and society laugh at her and call her names??? How can we live with ourselves and feel we don't have a part in it when 100 cameras are flashing in her face everywhere she goes?!!! They are taking pics for US to consume!!! Where do people like Lutfi come from and Adnan??? People who can take advantage of a sick person to make a buck for themselves!!!

It's SICK! God help us!

Kay

I'm glad they shut her mother out.

NN

What bothers me is where were the parents for the past several months while Britney has been on this downward spiral. I still think that she's just a big dollar sign to them. If my daughter began acting that way, I would've been there for her from the beginning, not out living my own life when my daughter needs help so badly. They are finally here, but it's a little late!

W T F ?

Thank goodness! Maybe all the madness will end. It's too bad that it had to come to this extreme, but something is better than nothing!

Carlos Anino

...."and we're told that's something Jamie and Lynne are down with."

"Down with?" who writes this stuff?!

W T F ?

Now to get Adnan out of her life! How can Lynne ride with him knowing he's trying to sell pictures and videos of Brit??

beachy

As usual, TMZ has been on top of this! I used to loathe this chick, but now, I feel nothing but sorrow for her. I'm glad her dad is in the picture (and grateful that mom is not). I can't believe I'm saying this, but get well, BS.

Having said that, if she gets cut loose in 3 days, then she's on her own and the end is near. Mental problems are so serious.

CR

I'm also glad the mother won't be involved.

Check it out, since she won't be able to "manage" the money, she's going to head back to Louisiana. She won't be as present at the hospital.

Just don't trust this woman.

CoCo

How interesting that the person designated to manage Britney's money has the last name of WALLET.

lol

#31 beat me to it! :(((

Diana

I actually think it could be funny to see Brit's dad fighting with Federline over attorney fees and child support!! Maybe dad will be smart enough to get the attorneys to force Federline into accounting for the child support and provide proof it only supports the boys....my bet is it does not! Federline is living the fast life thanks to his kids and that is NOT what child support is intended for. If Federline is not able to pay his portion of the house, then it should NEVER belong to him. Federline is a looser using these boys for money. You are not supposed to get paid for being a parent and that is basically what he is doing!!

Cynic

Oh my God, an estate lawyer named "Wallet"? That's hysterically ironic! I hope the guy's honest, because that name is like a big red flag. Wallet. Sheesh.

ic

THANK GOD THEY GOT RID OF THIS CREEP...HE ALLOWED HER TO DRIVE AROUND KNOWING SHE WAS SICK AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER...NOW SHE WILL GET THE HELP SHE NEEDS.....

SO SICK OF BRITNEY

POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL!

Adolph

How's Sam going to give Brit her daily meth dose? take the order back judge

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments