Conservators Have Broad Powers

2/1/2008 8:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the hearing did not give the conservators power to make medical decisions on behalf of Britney, but that really is the upshot.

The conservators -- Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet -- can communicate with Brit's doctors and access medical records.

In terms of managing Brit's estate, the function of Wallet -- a respected lawyer who has handled many similar matters -- is to ensure there is an independent voice in the management of her estate, and we're told that's something Jamie and Lynne are down with.

The effect of the order is that Sam Lutfi has, at least temporarily, been shut out of Britney's world. He will not be able to go to her home or the hospital, or have any other contact with her.

Hoping for Brit to get better

I think KFed should bring the kids to see her. If he wants to prove that he is not after her money and has the best intrest of her kids in mind. I think that would help her. They probably miss their momma.

nancy

Great! Nice touch to have Jaimie Spears as conservator along with the attorney. Obviously Lynne probably figured Britney might have some concerns about her mom trying to exert any control. Can't say that now.

Nice there are limits--and that Lutfi is locked outta of the house, literally and figuratively.

linda

Thank goodness! I don't believe Britney knows it right now, but she needs her family. Not Sam.

tiger313

richard9259, I agree with you. She is in desperate need of help and any parent should be worried about their child under such conditions. Yes, there is a lot of money involved here, but so what? I would rather see her parents have some control over it than these vipers that have attached themselves to Ms. Spears. If this were me, we wouldn't be reading about it or commenting. I know her behavior has been unhealthy, but that's just it. She is sick, emotionally and mentally, but she can be helped.

Elaine 27

THANK YOU JESUS!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!. The prayers are being answered. I pray Lord that you will permanently removed this pimp and drug pusher from her life and save Britney's lost soul and heal her of the many demons that are talking through her with different voices. Lord heal Britney's mind of the drugs that has riddled her mind and restore her to her right mind. Thank you Lord that your are working through her parents to save her. Let them and people ignore her demonic rants and accusation aganist her parents. We know that she is not cognizant of what she is doing now, because the drugged induced demons know that for now the enabler has been temporarily removed and they are tormented, Lord let the powers that be keep her in the hospital untill she is well and can function as a useful member of society. Help her to learn form her mistakes and be the better for it and so that she can be a mother again to her children. Amen.

Anne

This is good news! I know that Britney will come back stronger than before! Best wishes to her!

Elaine 27

20. I think that although her family has her best interests in mind....she clearly relies on her manager/friend "Sam" for support....and now that she's going through this...she will feel so alone without him....I hope this does not affect her treatment in any way......

Posted at 6:16PM on Feb 1st 2008 by idaho

===============================================================
Right, for the mind bendinging drugs that he has her hook on. She is pining for her enabler that what it is. The evil Sam and Adnan were feeding her drugs and then profiting off of her by having her dressed in her pink wig like a prostitute and selling her in her wasted state to the stinking, trash and gutter tabloit. I prefer that her parents con her out of her money than these 2 almost gray ass 40 year old men, who do not seem to have a pot to urinate in. Kudos to the Spears family for stepping in and rescuring her sick and vulnerable 26 year old daughter form these hardened and seasoned pimps.

Reddesires

You go Judge great ruling getting all the garbage out of her life. Way to go...........

lally

Jamie Spears is the father of 2 daughters he pushed into show business at 10, has two sons with pretty sizeable court records and now his other daughter is knocked up? Is this really the man that should be watching anyone. He reminds me of Lindsay Lohan's dad. The COurt should get a neutral person and get these two selfish parents who only care about their images out of the scene for a while.

what thehell

You know how to solve that whole problem....let the state take over conservertorship and that stops the fight between Sam and the family. Have somebody do it who is on neutral ground...What a mess!!!

Alanna

"It has taken how long for these idiots to help their daughter out. Now, they are more than willing to help control her finances? Good God, give me a break."

Perhaps they want to make sure she still HAS finances when she's out of the hospital as opposed to Sam Lutfi helping himself to whatever he wants.

And Sam Lutfi's name is Osama Lutfi, nor Samir Lutfi.

DeeDee

SO NOW THEY WANT TO BE PARENTS? ODD THAT WHENS SOMEONE HAS TO MANAGE HER MONEY THEY TURN UP AS LOVING MOMMY AND DADDY. WHAT HAPPENED TO PIMP MANAGER MOM AND FELON DAD. .

KLS

This is screwed up, I mean yes, she has issues, but giving someone that she obviously does not like the power to make choices for her is insane. I have depression but I'm twenty years old, I make my own damn choices, not my parents. In my opinion her parents care more about her bank account then Brit actually getting better!

666

Britney just off yourself!!! you suck @ss!!! You are nothing but a waste...all that money and this is what you do!!!! Douche bag!!! go die!! you are wasting everyones time!!!

666

I know what would solve all her problems...just DIE Britney..it is only a matter of time!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments