Eva Mendes

in Rehab

2/1/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Eva Mendes is in Utah battling a substance abuse problem.

0201_eva_mendez_ex_large-1
We're told the "Ghost Rider" star is at the famous Cirque Lodge, near Sundance. The Lodge, which treated Lindsay Lohan and other stars, is one of the most respected treatment facilities in the country.

Eva has been at Cirque for several weeks.

Her rep tells TMZ "Eva has been working hard for the past year and made a positive decision to take some much-needed time off to proactively attend to some personal issues that, while not critical, she felt deserved some outside professional support. Out of respect for Eva's privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details."

Pachuco

What problems can a chick this fricken hot have? She's FINE, talented, and rich. WTF????

Jeff T

Eva is one beautiful lady. I hope she can tackle her evils and get back to just looking good. If she is in need of any discipline, I would be happy to put her over my lap and give her a good spanking.....Bad girl~!!

MOJO

Wow ! She wouldn't have been my first guess for the next celeb to enter rehab- Anyone know what for?? If I had to guess it would be pills but I've already determined I'm not very good at guessing. BEST OF LUCK EVA!

ANNA

I did not expect this at all. She has always seemed so good and down to earth, yet I am glad she has voluntarily sought help. I wish her the best while she is going through this rough time.

Jeff

Sounds like it may be more of a personal crisis than chemical. There are a lot of people that probably need rehab in this day and age, but celebs are one of the few that can afford it. We spend tax dollars on other countries and dont take care of our own with health insurance and better jobs.

THINKING PERSON

LISTEN THERE IS GOOD AND BAD IN ALL THINGS, ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.!! THERE ARE MANY CELEBS THAT ARE NOT IN REHAB. THEY REMEMBER THAT IT'S JUST A JOB. THOSE WHO GET CAUGHT UP ARE BELIEVING THE HYPE. LOOK AT SMITH, TRAVOLTA, WARNER, LABELLE, THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CELEBS OF THE PAST AND THE ONES IN THE FUTURE IS THAT THEY REALLY HAD TO "WORK", AND STARVE AND GO UP THE LADDER. MOST HAVE GOOD BACKGROUND LIKE BEYONCE'S MOTHER AND USHERS MOM, THESE PAREBTS WERE STRONG WOMEN AND MEN, THEY MADE THEIR CHILDREN WORK AND REGULATED THEIR LIVES IN THE RIGHT WAY. MOST CAME FROM VERY BAD BACKGROUNDS AND MADE A DECISION "NEVER" TO LOOK BACK. I SALUTE THOSE AND GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR THEIR STRENGTH AND GUIDANCE, THESE ONES SHOULD THANK THE FATHER FOR PARENTS LIKE THESE.

dfply64

Its a shame because she was so sexy in the movie "Hitch". Get well and please don,t have a sex tape out there

TCurry

Well at least she is doing something about it before she let it get too out of hand.

diane

what now r MOST of the celebrities in rehab or planning to go there? just because THEY can afford or get their hands on drugs they MUST do them!!! PITIFUL

eb

All you women want in hollywood is sex drugs money and hansome men. get a life

CL

Eva did it right - little fanfare...no freakin' entourage to escort her to a hospital....he stayed out of the limelight for what appears to be several weeks. She's such a wonderful actress and I'm glad she's getting treatment.
It's a private struggle that somehow the media found out - and Eva, I wish you all the best!!

leave Travolta alone!!!

It's her strict hispanic upbringing that makes sex a taboo. I totally understand that.

Precious

I did not see this one coming I am glad she is seeking help. It is ashame what is happing with these young stars They should get out of Hollywood.

carrie

I would just like to say that addiction isn't only happening in Hollywood, it happens all over the world. Famous or not, mental or not, it can happen to anyone, even the people you never could have imagined who are probably doing it right now and you don't even know! Hopefully though the people who want to live life and know it is a blessing will quit whatever, if it is a few drinks or a bing every night. To whomever goes to these rehabs and is successful I applause you, even for trying I give you a thumbs up!

angela

This was an unexpected thing to me. I never thought she had a problem. But people don't have to look like it to have a problem ya know. I just wish her the best. Alot of Celebs have been hitting rehabs; like an epidemic. But goes to show that the best of us have problems.