Eva Mendes

in Rehab

2/1/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Eva Mendes is in Utah battling a substance abuse problem.

0201_eva_mendez_ex_large-1
We're told the "Ghost Rider" star is at the famous Cirque Lodge, near Sundance. The Lodge, which treated Lindsay Lohan and other stars, is one of the most respected treatment facilities in the country.

Eva has been at Cirque for several weeks.

Her rep tells TMZ "Eva has been working hard for the past year and made a positive decision to take some much-needed time off to proactively attend to some personal issues that, while not critical, she felt deserved some outside professional support. Out of respect for Eva's privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details."

Claudia

They could do a "WHO'S NEXT" competition.....

annanicolestern

it's like I always say y'all...everyone should try rehab at least once in their lives...it's a great way to find some insight and figure out who you are and make some great friends with some really interesting people who you will want to keep in touch with forever...rehab was the MOST CLEAN LIVING FUN I EVER HAD and I will never forget it..you don't even know it's possible to laugh that much being sober!! addicts are smart and interesting and funny as hell...i feel lucky to have had the experience, everyone should...
it's a positive, not a negative...

Tupac

Damn, this is sad news. She is so gorgeous, and hot. Hope you commite to your rehab, and get well soon. WHen you get out, make some more movie please. I love you Eva.
True fan,
Tuna

baneofexistenz

REHAB!! I thought she was pregnant. Was she doing drugs during the pregnancy?

That's scary.

WHAT??!!!

is there anone in Hollywood who isn't sufferng from a substance abuse problem???? Seriously!!!!

Joseph

So obvious that this is a pr move, just to get attention for her sagging career.

While I don't doubt that she has substance isssues, making a public pr event about it is clearly a marketing ploy.

Frankly, not a terrible one; as her fifteen minutes are at about 14:55, and she would have been quickly in the "Where are they now"? rack without this obvious and lame pr stunt.

kt

My sister met her in person and said she was very sweet and kind. I hope she gets the help she needs.

TOTOT

whatt??? EVA HOT???
PLEAAAAAAASE

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN POOR PEOPLE BECOME RICH ALL OF A SUDDEN, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
WITH THEIR MONEY!!
DRUGS IS THE MOST EXCITING THING THAT COMES TO THEIR MIND!!

OH YEAH I'M SO GLAD I'M RICH & BEAUTIFUL!!!

Black Teef

I'd still hit it.

mo1

TMZ...you guys are GREAT at breaking news, but the looooooooonnnnggg advertisements on your videos are killing me!! They are very irritating and too long. They use to be 10 seconds, now they are 30-40 seconds long. I know you have to fund your site, but geeszh...the fact that you have a ton of hits per minute to your site is not enuf!?!? Pretty soon...I won't be viewing the videos...I don't have time to sit thru the commercial ads..I'll just read the normal info or another site. I still love you guys and think that you are the best at what you do....but give us a break with the ads PLEASE!!!

Michelle LL

The people who leave the first comments are probably the little tweens that frequent these sights. What can you do than just skip over it.

Kpolycronopolis

SO sad to hear , I just saw her in Ghost Rider (great movie BTW) and her girls in shot too. Eva don't let Hollywood turn u into a boob! You can act girl.

Seriously

Eva Mendes?!?! Substance abuse?!?! I don't believe it.

Doctor Harvard.

Dammit EVA...now you're making Latinos in Hollywood look bad. What the F is the matter with you?! What a disappointment!

SHE'S AN ATTENTION WHORE

Jebus, another celebrity in rehab or the psycho ward. What the hell is going on here? Is this some sort of dumbass "it's the chi-chi thing to do" now? Please don't tell me that this is another of the pathetic hollywood "if you haven't done this, you're not cool" things...