Eva Mendes

in Rehab

2/1/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Eva Mendes is in Utah battling a substance abuse problem.

0201_eva_mendez_ex_large-1
We're told the "Ghost Rider" star is at the famous Cirque Lodge, near Sundance. The Lodge, which treated Lindsay Lohan and other stars, is one of the most respected treatment facilities in the country.

Eva has been at Cirque for several weeks.

Her rep tells TMZ "Eva has been working hard for the past year and made a positive decision to take some much-needed time off to proactively attend to some personal issues that, while not critical, she felt deserved some outside professional support. Out of respect for Eva's privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details."

sickofKate

Good luck Eva! Cut her some slack, at least she didn't get a DUI or go into a fit of racial slurs first and do this solely as a PR move. Rehab first, what a concept.

Marla

I can't believe TMZ is not giving further comment on this situation with Eva. After all they hacked poor Britney Spears apart til she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Oh, or is it certain clebs that you only hound. Shame on TMZ, and your photographers/reporters, who will go to any length to get the worst gossip on celebreties. How would you like to be hounded like that. I think all the celebrities in Hollywood should go to whereveer they have to , to get the laws changed on reporters, and photgraphers. Changed so that they are only allowed to get no closer then 200 feet from them. Afterall, with the zoom lenses the pictures get a lot closer then that. Harvey grow up already, and give these people their privacy that they are entitled to. As everyone is entitled to a cetain amount of privacy. What you all are doing is in my eyes, is harrassment, and that is against the law. I for one am writing my congressmen, and I am also going to encourage others to do so. Someone has to take a stand already. You people are running amok these days. Shame Shame Shame!!!

Lanie

WTF?

Hollywood is one dangerous town. I would have never guess Eva Mendez had any addiction problems. It just goes to show you that a lot of those people hide it VERY well. I think we can all get over the delusion that successful people and Hollywood actors don't do drugs.

It's handed out like candy at a party. I would say 90% of the people have at least tried drugs and 70% have, at one point in their life, been an addict and/or a regular drug user.

Hopefully, Heaths death (no matter what the cause of death was) and Brad Renfros death will remind celebrities that they are NOT immune to the damage that addiction to drugs and/or alcohol do to a person!

WAKE UP AMERICA.... DRUGS ARE BAD... MMMM K?

that.is.all

58 Latina's in Hollywood. This is the problem with Hollywood, Los Angeles, San Diego. You get my drift sweetheart?

FABIO

I think that she's another crystal-meth freak...

T

FOR WHAT? HORRENDOUS ACTING??

MANHATTANITERBITER

DEFINITELY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE--SHE'S BEEN BATTLING THE CHUB AND FIGHTING THE FUG FOR YEARS. TOO BAD SHE STILL CAN'T ACT.

Lanie

By the way,

I am so glad that celebrities are becomming more pro-active instead of waiting until they kill themselves or get a DUI -- or kill someone else - while driving under the influence.

I admire Eva and Justin Chambers even more for having the courage to admit they had a problem & had the ambition to go get help. Who wants to go to a psych ward or rehab? That has to be an awful place to be.

GOOD FOR YOU EVA MENDEZ AND JUSTIN CHAMBERS!!!!!!

I am beyond proud and love you two more for doing this!

Jaydee665

I've been thinking on all these people - these famous people - who are dropping like flies into rehab. Consider this: 1) People who want to be famous want, need & crave attention; 2) They surround themselves with people who totally kiss their butts and will do ANYTHING they ask without question; 3) They do not have any limitations on what they can get, therefore, I would think that after a while of having EVERYTHING you ever wanted (materially speaking), they get BORED and (4) They lose their freakin' minds and cross boundaries us normal folks would never DREAM of crossing.

Beyond their crafts, these celebrities seem to have no purpose other than to be beautiful, go to parties, fashion shows, etc.. I can't imagine that being a very fulfilling life for anyone. No one has the balls to say "no" to them about anything. Yes, they have money, but they seem to be lacking in so many other ways. Everyone needs boundaries in their lives. If you can have ANYTHING you want, you cannot appreciate what you get. It's really sad in a way. And the vultures who attach themselves to these celebs - well, there's a special place in Hell for them.

Get Well Eva, Britney, Lindsey, Daniel Baldwin, Chyna, Jeff Conaway, and the rest of you. If you live or die - it's just headlines for the majority of these folks. Get Well for yourselves and for the people in your REAL family, the ones who TRULY love you just because you ARE - not for what you can do for them, I hope YOU care enough about yourself to get well. And then get the hell away from the vultures & leeches!! Blessed be.

VS

Shiz I did not see this coming. But, at least she is getting help. I hope Justin Chambers can get help too. Yeah, good
question what is going on in Hollywood? So many young people. Just sayin....

Cynic

Gee, rehab is becoming so trendy it's almost a fashion statement.

noyankhere

i was reading this story on aol just now its not news tmz.. besides who hasnt been to rehab in lala land.?. please!! who hasnt taken smack, in lala land..even the so called innocent celebritries are all smoking something or another .. how do they stay so slim?. diets? yeah thats for the tabs... its lipo and smokin ..

noyankhere

there is no point in coming on to this type of website and expecting serious discussion about the situation in iraq or america's pro isreali foreign policy..it is what it is... a celeb gossip site and there is a smug of hypocracy in all that self rightous indignation for those who come on here expecting anything else.. move.org or go else where for that.

w

SAY WHAT!? Totally did not see that one coming, they are dropping like flies!

REHAB... I WONDER!

30 YRS AGO IT WAS NOT COOL TO LET THE PUBLIC KNOW YOU ON DRUGS AND NEED REHAB .....NOW ITS A CAREER BOOSTER WHEN YOU HAVE NOT WORKED IN MTHS OR YEARS!!!! I'M SURE MOST OF THEM ARE LAGIT DRUG USER AND NEED REHAB BUT DAM IS ANYONE SOBER IN HOLLYWOOD! I AM GOING TO TELL MY DAUGHTER FORGET BECOMING A STAR OWNING A REHAB CENTER IS WHERE THE MONEY IS!