Eva Mendes

in Rehab

2/1/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Eva Mendes is in Utah battling a substance abuse problem.

0201_eva_mendez_ex_large-1
We're told the "Ghost Rider" star is at the famous Cirque Lodge, near Sundance. The Lodge, which treated Lindsay Lohan and other stars, is one of the most respected treatment facilities in the country.

Eva has been at Cirque for several weeks.

Her rep tells TMZ "Eva has been working hard for the past year and made a positive decision to take some much-needed time off to proactively attend to some personal issues that, while not critical, she felt deserved some outside professional support. Out of respect for Eva's privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details."

dfontaine

To "CK" Thank you for saying something to the "first" idiots out there! Damn, they are annoying!!!!! And I don't get it either, I think that's the point, Whoever is doing this just wants everyone to go "huh?". It is really dumb. It's also a bit distracting, at least it was at first, but now I just ignore it when I see it. My other pet peeve is people who post comments putting down people who post comments. I often wonder, don't that strike them as a bit contradictory? There is nothing wrong with stating one's opinion. I also agree with those who were shocked at the news of Ms. Mendes being in treatment. Wow! She seemed so together, I hope she gets the help she needs. It isn't easy to seek help with an addiction, good for her for having the courage to do it.

chill out!

This is to CK: I think it's just a harmless little game people like to play by saying FIRST! Why would that bother you so much. Geez! Like TAG YOUR IT! Take a chill pill will ya?!?

Vanessa

Best of luck to Eva. I respect her decision. I don't think everyone going to a "rehab" abuses substances. She's never been seen partying. She's been with the same boyfriend for a long time. The media can be so cruel saying things that r not true.
It is very hard to deal with all the fame, gossips, frustrations, etc. We love you EVA!!!

tomkat

Wow, one of my favorites. Never had a hint about this one. Get better soon Eva. I miss your gorgeousness!!

Ohh, BTW

FIFTEENTH

Sam

Having worked around Celebs & Reality TV I can tell you that everything done is to be a fad. Over the years things we thought we'd never see, we accept as normal. Sex, skin, drugs, and kids going too far. Rehab is just the latest cool thing. To get interviews, and offers you gotta do what's popular, and they'll come pouring in. Britney has never been more famous, Eva Mendes...like she really was a A list star, but now will be. Miley Cyrus' underwear shots over the web, is to get your kids to swoop to that too. The more you accept it, the more your kids will be doing it too, and now drugs, scandals, and sex are the only talents celebs have. The more you screw up, the more famous you become, so they do it on purpose to get noticed.

Barack

Is her real name Fergie? Sorry, I get those two mixed up. I guess Heath Ledger NOW has an impact, eh? Eveyone's gonna scurry to the rehabs and psych wards.............it's all good.

Kara

Now She is a Pretty, Beautiful, Great Figureed Woman..Shes very Breathtaking and Natural.PRETTY LADY..I wonder what her drug of choice is was?? Pills..A few here and a few there..Sleeping pills...She was smart enuff to get Help right away..Smart Pretty Lady

Kpolycronopolis

looks like season 2 -3-4 and more of celebrity rehab. celebrity psychiatric show too. Omg the Grammys is going be the show to watch Amy will be there with all her cronies. Tmz site will be on fire that night.

blablabla

Can you spell PR
All you (EVER) need is to be PUNISHED for being a SPOILED BRAT
REHAB is POINTLESS
CAREER OVER
INSURANCE won't HAVE YOU!!!!!!!!
Product of our society that refuses to PUNISH children when they need it!!!

schroe

I wish they would say which substance she was abusing.

dmguy

Celebrities can't get enough of the 'booga suga'....

huh?

I'm sorry, but who is she? Am I supposed to care about her? Why?

jimnlinda

What is wrong with these people?! They have everything and yet they choose to go through life in a self-induced "coma". Don't they know most people would love to have what they have? They could do so much good in the world with their money. Celebrities make me sick!

sam

Half of Hollywood is in rehab and the other half is pregnant. My money's on Britney to be the first in rehab AND pregnant.

WHY

11. I have no drug or mental problems and have never been to rehab or the mental ward. I feel so left out!!

Posted at 12:10PM on Feb 1st 2008 by Sick of It All

AND BY SAYING THIS I THINK YOU NEED TO ASAP IT TO THE PHYS. WARD.
BEING MENTALLY CHALLAGED IS NOT FUNNY, ITS A VERY BAD PLACE TO BE.
IMO THAT WAS A SHAMELESS THING TO SAY!

PEACE OUT!