"Heart Broken" Michelle Releases Statement

2/1/2008 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle WilliamsTen days after the death of Heath Ledger, former fianceé and baby mama Michelle Williams released a statement. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

Kelli

Wow, I am so bummed. Good luck Michelle and Matilda. I hope you get the privacy you deserve.

JLS

My heart goes out to Michelle during this time. She is lucky to have Matilda this will help her stay strong and get through this horrible time. I have nothing but RESPECT for Michelle she is a class act...

nacho

#10 you are an jerk! it has not even been proved that he was on any drugs other than prescribed or over the counter. You are a sad case indeed...get a life and some therapy!

Jaime

We have all been waiting for a statement from her. I cannot imagine how hard this is for her. This situation is very heartbreaking. TMZ,...Michelle is such a beautiful girl,...why couldn't you post a more decent picture of her??

to bad it wasn't sooner!

Hey she left him because he was still doing drugs....and she didn't try to get him help so her kid could have a dad around for her life time! Yea right Michelle give you the same space you gave Heath.....so he could kill himself and your kid get the money from his estate! Don't feel sorry for you!

Angella Douglas

If you guys are so scandalized by TMZ's antics, why don't you stop visiting the website?
It's kind of pointless when you start dogging on them for dogging on others. Who cares whether Michelle's eyes are open or not. Dayum.

to bad it wasn't sooner!

#32 your so right. She did keep quiet about his drug problems and she going to stay quiet about it she doesn't want anyone to know that she really did know about his problem and didn't get him help.

Jack

#4,Your empathy and compassion are what makes me proud to be a member of the human race. (said with deep sarcasm)

#10, Obvisously you have never spent any time with children. Let me explain, most children are filled with imagination and wonder, so they have imaginary friends, believe that if they stand on their tip toes they can touch the stars and yes, talk to trees. (Einstein)

I would assume TMZ chose that picture in an attempt (yet poor attempt) to reflect Michelle's angiush that is evident in her statement.

Michelle, I am so sorry for your loss and I do pray for pain. I lost my wife and seven year old son ten years ago so I do understand some of your suffering. I hope the media takes a step back and honors Heath rather than trying to destroying his legacy. He was a brilliant actor and I think, a lovely soul.

Death will scare ya!

TMZ please take down this photo :) You are doing very well with this whole story.

Michelle, that baby, and the family are the only people who matter in all this. They will love and miss this man forever!

They truly loved and knew him.

The media should not be trashing this guy. No one even knows what killed him. They keep spinning the story to fit ratings. And that video reveals he was not doing drugs that night. Just talking about what he did in the past. Sounds to me that he was admitting to having a problem at one time.

I applaud Michelle for having the best interest of her child at heart.

Moral of the story love the people in your life no one is perfect:)

Lynn

Wow, very beautiful statement from Michelle. Bless them all.

Emma K

What a beautiful tribute, no wonder he loved you. RIP Heath, God bless you Michelle, Matilda and your family.

WHAT??!!!

I agree with you #10, get that kid some rehab before she starts talking with a british accent....plus...that would keep this story in the news which these people obviously want based on all the press they do

NYCBabe

Soooooo...did Michelle do it with him?? (you know..Cocaine, Heroin, ect.....) Isnt that what all the other "actresses and Actors and Friends" are worried about....the fact that ..ummmmm well you know, birds of a feather ect . I mean hey, generally if my friend/lover/boyfriend ect was doing something like that..ummm i knew about it and probably was doing it too!

HAHA..thats what they are scared about...all the time "trying" to give out letter perfect condolences..

oh yeah, PS: tell Mary-Kates "bodyguards" to show us what they "cleaned up" !!!! Smiling, sorry, yes i'm sad he died but laughing at how fed up i am on the BS thats being sholved out of anyone from hollywood. (and i grew up in southern cal so yes...everything is fake..lohan & paris just do it in a tackier fashion) haha!

AAG

My daughter is a spitting image of her father, too; such a bittersweet reminder for Michelle.

JLS

Who are these sources that they are getting info from saying he was in to coke, heroin etc ??? Don't you think that this would have come out before his death?? The press would have had a blast with that but no it comes out now when he isn't here to defend himself. I don't understand how some of you can be so heartless and say she didn't do anything to help him. Were you there do you know what happened? No! Some of you are so fast to judge.. How would you feel if this was your Son, Father, Husband Friend? You would be heart broken. Have some respect for her his family and Matilda. One day she will be faced with all of this and that right there breaks my heart.