Lutfi Won't Face Off With Brit's Parents in Court

2/1/2008 6:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sam Lutfi tells TMZ he's not going to show up for the court hearing today.

TMZ broke the story about Britney's parents going to court in an attempt to establish a conservatorship. They believe Lutfi is placing their daughter's health and assets at risk.

Lutfi says he is "appalled and disgusted" that the parents have gone to court, adding that "Britney is in control of her assets and her business manager is in control of her assets." Lutfi says his lawyers are discussing his legal options.

Sources say Britney's medical status right now is "gravely disabled."

Wendy

LOL, what a joke he is by saying she is responsible and in charge LMAO!!!! He is delusional, how ridiculous, hes far beyond anything and this is the best publicity he will ever get and its not positive, what a DUMB bunny.

Lori

Why does Brit's parents think he does have control? There must be more to the story then we know. I hope Brit isn't out by Monday a.m. talking in a strange accent. It isn't funny my son was diagnosed with some sort of schizofrenia and he spoke in a jamaican accent. He thought he was a decendant of some God in the bible. Scary stuff. I know she needs a lot of help. I hope she has a dr. she can have some trust in that can get her the proper meds. Then she needs to stay on them. Do it for your young sons Brit. They need you.

Sick of people calling her the victim

Honestly, it's the best thing if the court puts her and her assets in a conservatorship/guardianship. It's dangerous to have a mentally ill person with that many assets running around under God knows whose influence. Her parents are very bright for doing this. The court can appoint a non-interested third party fiduciary to handle the finances so they won't be personally liable. Even if they had "control" over her assets they would still have to answer to the court and there are very strict guidelines involved.

JenH

his lawyer is looking in to what? get a life dude and leave Britney alone, its people like him that made her the way she is today.
Be strong Britney!

The Light Fantastic

ALL THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN HIDDEN WILL SOON COME TO LIGHT. RUN AND HIDE OSAMA - YOUR ASS IS GRASS.

George

I was one who constantly riped Britney...I now feel bad about all the crap I said about her.

She needs a clean start...and hope she gets better,and makes changes that are for the good.

Hang in there Britney.

HOLY ISH

What goes around comes around.......All of the parasites ie, Alli, Adnan, Sam....will get what you deserve!!!! I am not a fan of Brits but I have seen what this disease does to people first hand! GOD bless her!

tami

Looks like Lufti is going to have to start supporting himself - just like the rest of us.

Kelli

Money grubbin dweeb.

Esq

Lynne doesn't win mother of the year, but Osama has no business in Britny's affairs. I'd get an auditor in there, and hold Osama accountable for any misappropriations of her funds. I am sure there are many.

from Canada

Oh my good #100, thanks for the link from the previous post. I just checked out your link to Diane Sawyer interviewing Britney Spears.

Who is she talking to - she really is hearing voices and has multiple personality disorder. Also bipolar disorder because she starts crying!! Holy crap, she reallywas crazzzy, even back in 2004. Everyone check out this Britney interview:

I wonder if the judge in the custody case has seen this !! Iwouldn't let her near the kids again. She is certifiably crazzzy!
There is not way Britney can make sound decisions about her affairs!

Messy

9. Sounds like she doesn't even have control over her bowels.

Posted at 4:31PM on Feb 1st 2008 by Correctol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LMAO!

blahblahblah

Where did this guy even come from? He just appeared one day, at her most vulnerable moment and never left.

Chaz

What is Lufti trying to protect Brit's assets from, exactly? Oh, that's right, her parents finding out whatever he's been doing.

There's a bad smell about the way he is acting about all of this. Were I Brit's parents, a total and complete third party audit would be the first order of the day after they get the power of attorney.

It would be a terrible shame for Britney to be broke because she was guided away from the help she needed so desperately for so long.

Is Lufti a Scientologist?

Maddie

He's probably scared that Britney will get sane and clean - because we all know the first thing Britney would do is get rid of that moocher!

I hope her parents get control over her, that Sam just needs to fall off the face of the earth