God Pages Nurse Vining to Heaven

2/2/2008 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shell KeplerShell Kepler, who played nurse Amy Vining on "General Hospital" for more than 20 years, died yesterday in Portland, Ore. Paging Dr. Quartermaine!

According to the Medical Examiner's office, Kepler died of renal failure.

After her stint on "General Hospital" ended, Kepler moved to Portland and got involved in charity fundraising.

IMDb says she was 46, the M.E. says she was 49.

ATLchick

RIP My mom also watched that show so I remember her being on it.

jimmy d

.........BUT HER NOSTRILS LIVE ON...............................

chris

You should do a separated @ birth kinda thing with her and that blonde chick from My Name is Earl!

Joanne

That is so sad. I used to watch "General Hospital". Condolences to her family. She died so young.....

Kizzy

Goodbye, Amy, you were both annoying and endearing, but always reliable. So sorry to see you go.

that.is.all

Kelli

Why don't you take that dildo out of your ass and stick it down your throat. You talk way too much bitch. Get a life.

VS

She was Laura's, Luke's wife sister! She was never related to the Q's on General Hosptial. She also had a successful line
of clothes on HSN! This is sad. I remember the day she came and the day she left! Prayers to her family! RIP Amy!

Cheryl

I hate to hear that - been watching her off and on for too many years to mention. May She Rest In Peace!

cathi smith

Loved her on the show, sad when she left..... I beleive she was felisha's sister (sorry about spelling) To young to die, my prayers are with her family and close friends.
Cathi

Kelli

Thanks VS, you are right! I am calling my mom now. I can remember running home from school to watch Luke and Lauras wedding, I was about 12? Thanks.

Petite

What is acute renal failure?
Acute renal failure means that your kidneys have suddenly stopped working. Normally, the kidneys filter wastes and help balance water, salt, and mineral (electrolyte) levels in the blood. When your kidneys stop working, waste products, fluids, and electrolytes build up in your body. This can cause life-threatening problems.

What causes acute renal failure?
Acute renal failure has three main causes:

A sudden serious drop in blood flow to the kidneys. The most common causes of low blood flow are severe blood loss, severe infection (sepsis), a serious injury, and dehydration. Most cases of acute renal failure result from reduced blood flow.
Damage to the kidneys. Certain medicines, poisons, or infection can damage the kidneys. Problem medicines include antibiotics such as gentamicin and streptomycin, common pain medicines (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as aspirin and ibuprofen, and the dyes used in some X-ray tests.
A sudden blockage that prevents urine from flowing out of the kidneys. Kidney stones, a tumor, an injury, or an enlarged prostate gland can cause a blockage. This is a rare cause of acute renal failure.
You have a greater chance of developing acute renal failure if:

You are an older adult.
You have long-term (chronic) conditions such as kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure, or obesity.
You are already seriously ill and are in the hospital or intensive care (ICU). Having heart surgery or stomach (abdominal) surgery or a bone marrow transplant can increase your risk.

that.is.all

Kelli, you're still 12 and still a RETARD.

Kelli

People that put me down that hide behind anonymous names really hurt me. Oh please stop, I'm so upset! Not! Have something nice to say so you can have a nice day. Good luck. Everyone knows your one person by the way.

that.is.all

Thanks Petite, I think I'm friggin terminal.

Kelli

Ok, That is it. RIP Amy, I'm outta here.